Cheap and reliable online pet supplies

Options

Comments

• SusieVet
    Options
    I would like to recommend My Vet Meds dot co dot uk its just launched and there are facebook pages where you can ask the resident vets questions about your pet. They also have a free symptom guide on the site to help you decide how quickly your pet needs to see a vet. There's an open voucher code at the moment type FACEBOOK to get 5% off all orders over £35 (the prices are low anyway):)
  • kaori
    Options
    Petprescription.co.uk is doing 20% off all Efavet products this month- it's an evening primrose oil supplement for cats and dogs, it helps with skin problems.:)
  • Savvy_Spender_South
    Options
    tiamai_d wrote: »
    Pet supermarket have given me nothing but grief!

Bought a dog cage for my Dad (Dad's dog, not my Dad) paid the £2.oo next day delivery, but they didn't ship it till the next day (it was ordered at 10am, so no excuse) and it turned up 2 days late. Phoned up to get delivery charge back, said they would send a voucher, they never did.

Realised it was too small, so enquired about returns. Got a really !!!!!y woman on the phone who was no help at all. Ended up ordering a larger one, assured that it would be shipped in time, it turned up 3 days late.

Emailed them with the complaint and they agreed to collect the first cage free of charge, refund it and give me a £10 voucher.

That was last week, and guess what? Still waiting on the refund, all the while interest is building up on that payment as I paid by credit card.

I will use my £10 voucher, and after that I will never go near them again.

update, September - still no refund! Now in the hands of the credit card company who will refund my Dad and chase pet supermarket for the refund.

Just for balance, thus far 2 deliveries from Pet supermarket, both without delivery costs, both 10% off vouchers, both a lot cheaper than internet searches could find. win some loose some maybe?:o
    Marry a Foreigner, its so much cheaper!
  • Savvy_Spender_South
    Options
    SadBunny wrote: »
    I like seapets.co.uk - it is well worth checking their special offers.
    Just now Almo Nature Cat Food : buy 5 cans get 1 free.
    Last time this particular offer went on for ages - I was taken aback when it ended - got a cupboard full now :j.
    It is the only wet food my cat will eat - very good quality, but a bit pricey. I also buy Almo Nature Dry cat food from this site.
    Seems to be only place with stock of Cat Dental Easy Treats.

I buy some of my bunny supplies here - she is happy now, by the way.

Do you use sea pets for cat litter? i cannot believe their online price is the same as my local retailer, wheres the discount :mad:
    Marry a Foreigner, its so much cheaper!
  • Croc_Mad
    Croc_Mad Posts: 74 Forumite
    Options
    I'm trying to buy cat food online as I thought it'd save me some money. Having looked at nearly all the websites recommended across this thread, I can't believe Wilkinsons is still cheaper for Whiskas! While it's on offer at the minute it's still cheaper even at regular price!

I work for a cat charity and we buy quite a lot through wholesale at cash and carries, I was trying to find them a website as it'll be a lot easier than taking a whole day to go to the cash and carry, loading up and then delivering it all but it's still cheaper for us to get it at costco. Shocking!
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    i canot find enywere on the net that sells rabbit food could someone tell me were to get some.

• rita-rabbit
    rita-rabbit Posts: 1,505 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Croc_Mad wrote: »
    I'm trying to buy cat food online as I thought it'd save me some money. Having looked at nearly all the websites recommended across this thread, I can't believe Wilkinsons is still cheaper for Whiskas! While it's on offer at the minute it's still cheaper even at regular price!

I work for a cat charity and we buy quite a lot through wholesale at cash and carries, I was trying to find them a website as it'll be a lot easier than taking a whole day to go to the cash and carry, loading up and then delivering it all but it's still cheaper for us to get it at costco. Shocking!

Fairly certain that a cat charity would be able to persuade local supermarkets & butchers to donate oddments of old meat & the cats would be alot healthier/happier with this variety in their diet.
  • Jewell_2
    Options
    Apologies if it's already been mentioned but I use www.seapets.co.uk for my dogs food, they seem to be very reasonable and give free delivery for orders over £29. Fast delivery too
  • GRM
    GRM Posts: 645 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    We're due to get a puupy shortly and I've spent 30 minutes looking for the cheapest Royal Canin Mini Junior food (as recommended by the breeder). These are all for the 8.5kg bags:

zooplus.co.uk 26.49 (if you buy two bags) plus 3 free balls and 10% off first order
    petsahead.co.uk 29.49
    zooplus.co.uk 29.99 plus 3 free balls and 10% off first order
    petplanet.co.uk 29.99
    pet-supermarket.co.uk 31.49
    pet-supply-store.co.uk 31.49
    viovet.co.uk 32.38
    gjwtitmuss.co.uk 32.69
    petsathome.com 33.71
    seapets.co.uk 35.99

HTH.
  • Griizelda
    Options
    I haven't tried them yet (but I will) - MedicAnimal.com - someone I know has recommended them to me (she uses them all the time). Their prices (particularly for Frontline and the wormers) are very good.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure