Haircuts

Options
I don`t think I've ever taken the kids for a haircut, but is there any way to save money here? I appear to have spent via the OH some GBP8.50 for about 2cm of hair lopped off in 5 minutes.

Comments

• McKneff
    McKneff Posts: 38,825 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Have you asked your OH if he would like yo to cut his hair.
    Ive done my OHs hair for years now. £8.50 is pretty cheap if you do some comparisons.

Lets be honest, if you had a trade, and hairdressing is a learned technique to do it properly who have been through an apprenticeship, so yu cant expect it to be done and then hairdressers get minimum wage really.
    make the most of it, we are only here for the weekend.
    and we will never, ever return.
  • peachyprice
    peachyprice Posts: 22,346 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Has anyone else notices, if you scroll quickly past

Haircuts
    McKneff

It looks like Handcuffs? Or maybe it's just me.:o
    It's been keeping me amused for days.
    Accept your past without regret, handle your present with confidence and face your future without fear
  • EeViL_WeEvil
    Options
    Try going to a barbers mate (if you have a lad), the barbers round me are only a few quid for kids hair whereas the hairdressers are much more.
  • fly_dragon_fly
    Options
    oh we go to a barbers and pay £8.50 for a kids cut and £10 for a blokes cut but always give him a £20 and tell him to keep the change as my son always gets a glow stick and a lolly and we get a handful of jellybabies hehe
  • blackburn_w
    Options
    Im just about bald, so the wife gets the clippers out and every time my hair gets done we put a £5 in the holiday pot...
    2013-Swag bucks £10 Qmee £2.17 App Trailers 1.23 not a huge amount but better than nothing
  • Bob_the_Saver
    Bob_the_Saver Posts: 5,610 Forumite
    edited 7 April 2013 at 11:58PM
    Options
    Mrs. Bob the Saver has cut my hair for years and I cut hers. She sometimes goes to a poncy expensive 'Salon' where some moronic 18 year old who's 'done a course' hacks at it but always ends up asking me to sort it out for her. £10 quid on scissors and common sense sorts it. We both used to have our hair cut in India once a year (60p each) but now don't even bother with that. It's not rocket science, just look in any 'salon' - no rocket scientists in any of them.
    (I still ask her if she's booked her holidays yet though and insist she calls me Tracey - but that's a different story).
    Nobody has yet commented on our hair, and knowing our 'friends' they would if they could.
  • Lozzy88
    Lozzy88 Posts: 780 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    (I still ask her if she's booked her holidays yet though and insist she calls me Tracey - but that's a different story).

:rotfl: that really made me belly laugh.

My friend is a barber...... she tryed to be a female hairdresser.....I was her model once five and a half hours to dye and cut my hair (it was a super bad cut too!) So she thought it was easier to stick to blokes hair. If she can cut hair ANYONE can lol.:D
  • billa_champion
    Options
    £4 a haircut in South London! Bargain. The Barbers around here are like a conveyer belt.
  • anoncol
    anoncol Posts: 982 Forumite
    Options
    I used to cut my own hair then my OH used to tidy up my work. Overall though it took a lot longer and the work was a tad worse than now and we had to clean up all my hair trimmings off the floor.

Now though i just pay someone.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I cut my fringe and I usually bribe my son to trim the back.

I am growing the back but when its long enough i'm going to invest in one of these.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure