Looking for the silver lining

Options

Comments

• Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,286 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Hello folks!

Finally paid the gardener. Mr SA determined to have a go at the next stage even if it takes him ages. He and the carer are slowly chipping away at it day by day. It's giving him a purpose and he's cheered up no end. He can't do much but is managing a small amount a day with help. Gardening therapy.

I lost a pound in weight last week, using the Value app every day, counting points, getting in the habit of using it now. Still doing the sit ups/squats. The sit ups are at 90 now, however, I've started doing them on a gym ball so a lot more do-able now. Aiming to lose 1lb a week. Have hit my 5% goal on the app. I love this app it's fab and much better than the WW one. 13lb to go now so providing I don't go astray should have lost a stone by September.

Finances ok, waiting for payday next week like most people no doubt :) Work ok, no complaints at the moment.
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    90 sit ups :eek:! He-ro!! Xx
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,292 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    90 sits ups!!! Faints at thought.
    I could not do 1.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • elly68
    elly68 Posts: 2,531 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi sl glad things are going well ,hope you do well with your diet and exercise ,my weight is horrific at the moment i really need to stop eating junk and walk .planning on starting next week as kids are off school .good luck elly
    So finally debt free and it feels amazing however continuing here to stay debt free.Next declutter house and body and finally swim under that waterfall x
  • Sun_Addict
    Options
    Sit ups much easier on the ball in 9 sets of 10 - honest! That wasn't the end of it - 65 crunches, 42 leg raises and 60 seconds of the plank. This app is crazy! It hurts when I laugh (and breathe)! Better be worth it. Rest day today thank goodness. Missed Zumba tonight as was too busy at work and had to finish off what I was doing.

DD is on a health kick and the fridge is full of her food. She goes off like this every so often, it doesn't last.
  • satchmo1
    satchmo1 Posts: 2,750 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi SA, you are doing great with your exercises, I don't have the self discipline to do them at home.

I went to Zumba tonight - this is the third time, and the third instructor. Tonight's instructor was as camp as could be, but not very energetic. I wasn't very MSE, because I got mixed up with the class cost and put too much in. Ah well, it was only the same price as I'd have paid in Milton Keynes.

Yoga tomorrow morning, which I'm enjoying more than I thought I would.

I was naughty though and popped into the supermarket for Ryveta Minis (and wine - bad Satchmo)

The gardening project seems ideal for Mr SA, fresh air, exercise and a visible improvement for your property. It also has the advantage of having a back up with the gardener if Mr SA loses momentum. Mr SA might even work alongside the gardener at some point?
    What would you get if all you got was what you were thankful for?
  • Sun_Addict
    Options
    Satchmo he asked the gardener for a job! Bless him! The gardener said he prefers working on his own.

Ordered some block pavers to be delivered Saturday for the next stage of the garden project. I'm going to let Mr SA have a go before involving the gardener. I've had no acknowledgement from the payment I sent him, not even a received with thanks. Bit miffed about this to be honest. Mr SA has had a fall today, he's been a bit rambling and his speech is more slurred than usual. Hopefully he's not overdoing it in the garden, can't see much evidence of things moving that fast though, I think it's going to be a very slow process. It's costing a fair bit and the money only stretches so far so can only do it a bit at a time anyway. The current project is paving round the pond then we move on to stage 3 which is the bit between the pond and the bottom patio. A new shed is involved in this stage as the old one is well past its best. ££££££££
  • Bubblesmum
    Bubblesmum Posts: 1,710 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hello.... Back from hols and caught up.....

OH gardening sounds great, and will be doing him good in more ways than one, garden sounds lovely, I'm outside rescuing plants, house sitter was watering but lots are very poorly !

Diet and Exercise plans seem to be going well, I replaced my lost misfit with a jawbone on holiday, and really liking it. Came back 1lb heavier which doesn't sound bag, until cough I admit to 12 Stone, so since setting foot in Blighty I have stuck to protein and low fat dairy the attack stage of the Dukan diet... I am hoping to last on this stage til Mon/Tuesday ! Keep going,.. We will feel so much better !

Grrr to managers .... I am glad I'm my own boss now !
    As a dear MSE friend says “keep plodding” or
    What does the saying say.... When life hands you lemons, crack open the Gin......
    Or as my Mum would instil, brush yourself down, tomorrow is another day or
    Fake it, to you Make It

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5681736/dancing-through-the-rain-with-a-smile-and-good-cheer#latest
  • satchmo1
    satchmo1 Posts: 2,750 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Sun_Addict wrote: »
    Mr SA has had a fall today, he's been a bit rambling and his speech is more slurred than usual. Hopefully he's not overdoing it in the garden, can't see much evidence of things moving that fast though

Oh dear. I wonder if Mr SA has been forgetting to drink whilst he's been working on the garden project, and is dehydrated?
    What would you get if all you got was what you were thankful for?
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,292 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Hope Mr SA is ok.
    Enjoy your weekend.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure