❄❄ Let It Snow ❄❄ :: Christmas 2012 Chatter Thread

Options

Comments

• moneysavingmumofone
    Options
    kayandy wrote: »
    I need help I've just looked through my Xmas stuff & realised I only have 3 stockings one is mine with name on one is bf's with name on && one that lights up which is my little brothers!! I need one for my sister so where can I get a nice cheap stocking from for her? Any ideas?

Halfcost has a pink one for 50p, obviously only worth it if youre getting other stuff! 99P store/Poundland always has nice ones too. :)
    It was on the hut. There is a 15% off code on somethings, and then there is another offer with certain jackets, jumpers and hoodies where you can get a really decent designer tshirt for free as well.
    I spent £14.99 on a jumper that should of been £54.99
    Got a tshirt that should of been £24.99 for free.
    Then got 15% off a lovely berry coloured slightly xmassy patterned zip up jacket by brave soul, It was £11.99 but prices everywhere else are between £25-£30.

The only problem I find with the hut is that there prices and offers change constantly, which i why i took the plunge and ordered straight away because last time i waited the prices when way, way up!
    All the stuff i got is this season and I have seen two of the items in the trafford centre recently at full price so I am really really pleased.
    It's been despatched already too :j

I have that book :D It was 49p in Home bargains about 15 months ago! I bought a few as stocking fillers for people and kept one for myself.. I can't tell you what's in it though :naughty: I have to keep my evil plans to myself :D
    Thanks Ill take a look! OMG Im so jealous!! Its £7.43 on Amazon!! :eek:
    So much to catch up on, will have to try over the weekend

Little Lexie finally made an appearance on tues evening at 11.52pm in a very quick labour, sadly she has a little heart condition (like her sister) but nothing too complicated, finally came home this morning, she weighted 6lb11.

Am very happy and tired!!!! Thanks for all your well wishes, will pop a photo on over weekend if I can!!
    HUGE congratulations on your new addition! :) What a gorgeous name! Cant wait to see a picture. :) xxx
    'They only had one cow!'
  • whitesatin
    whitesatin Posts: 2,088 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Own_My_Own wrote: »
    Cath Kidston has her Christmas range out :xmastree:

http://www.cathkidston.co.uk/c-1110-christmas.aspx

I've got a CK voucher that I got for my birthday. I might just take a trip to St Albans in the week and see what I can find.
  • bossymoo
    bossymoo Posts: 6,924 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Congratulations on the new arrival!
    Bossymoo

Away with the fairies :beer:
  • Cake4brains
    Options
    Hi everyone, not posted in absolutely ages. Spent a couple of nights in hospital worried about babies (theyre both fine and still 'cooking' btw!) and came back to a gazillion pages to go through, ok so Im 61 pages behind but might as well be a gazillion!

Just wanted to say thanks to whoever mentioned the reindeer throw and cushions in Primark. I had to buy some..... I absolutely love them!

I agree that tinsel is tacky. However, I use gold tinsel that I have cut up into satsuma size pieces that i scatter in the branches and they look really good twinkling in the lights. I also do a nigella and have lots of soft fairy lights around my kitchen. Teehee I cant wait for Christmas now, though Im wondering if I will have the time/inclination to decorate how I usually would as I will have 2 little babies to look after !!!

Anyway, I'll get back to reading. Dont think I will ever catch up!
    :j:T Gorgeous twin girls born 1st Nov 2012 :T:j
  • Dollypop_2
    Dollypop_2 Posts: 257 Forumite
    edited 11 October 2012 at 9:40PM
    Options
    Ooooh Yankee addicts..Scented candle shop have some new christmas tarts...snow in love,cranberry ice,apple and pine needle...and Sugared apple...reckon that last one will be delish.(to smell of course..lol).Ordered them and will certainly get me more in the mood :-)

Sugared Apple is lush, just finished mine after burning regularly for about a year! I'd also highly recommend the Warm Sugar one! The fragrances of both are fab! :D
  • Own_My_Own
    Own_My_Own Posts: 6,098 Forumite
    Xmas Saver!
    Options
    whitesatin wrote: »
    I've got a CK voucher that I got for my birthday. I might just take a trip to St Albans in the week and see what I can find.

Can you use it online ? Just found out that you can get a free bag if you spend £35, but only available online

.http://www.cathkidston.co.uk/t-free-gift.aspx.

Could make a great free Christmas Gift :snow_laug
  • riskyb
    riskyb Posts: 246 Forumite
    Options
    kayandy wrote: »
    I need help I've just looked through my Xmas stuff & realised I only have 3 stockings one is mine with name on one is bf's with name on && one that lights up which is my little brothers!! I need one for my sister so where can I get a nice cheap stocking from for her? Any ideas?

Hi Kayandy, i got one in poundland last year. most of the big department stores reduce their stockings nearer xmas so u wld get a really nice one if you wait till about 2 weeks before xmas.
    RB
  • riskyb
    riskyb Posts: 246 Forumite
    Options
    OK I've gone through 113 pages so far and can't find the post where someone has posted what they have put in the Xmas Eve Hamper/Pamper Hamper and Night In Hamper. Does anyone know who it was and I can then filter through their posts. TIA XXX

see this amazing hamper thread for peoples hamper ideas and pictures. lots of inspiration for you
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=1175727
  • Own_My_Own
    Own_My_Own Posts: 6,098 Forumite
    Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but there are rumours on here and Mumsnet that the Sainsburys Half Price Toy Sale is NOT happening this year. :(

It IS only a rumour, but it is quite well spread.:(
  • Nanamia
    Nanamia Posts: 1,603 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    edited 12 October 2012 at 8:49AM
    Options
    Great news will-be-debt-free enjoy plenty of cuddles with your new little princess:) can't wait to see her photo. And I agree with all the previous best wishers Lexie is such a beautiful name :)
    The secret of Christmas
    It's not the things you do at Christmastime
    But the Christmas things you do
    All year through

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business