❄❄ Let It Snow ❄❄ :: Christmas 2012 Chatter Thread

Options

Comments

• ellie9ellie
    Options
    So much to catch up on, will have to try over the weekend

Little Lexie finally made an appearance on tues evening at 11.52pm in a very quick labour, sadly she has a little heart condition (like her sister) but nothing too complicated, finally came home this morning, she weighted 6lb11.

Am very happy and tired!!!! Thanks for all your well wishes, will pop a photo on over weekend if I can!!

Hope your all doing well and little Lexie (lovely name) is OK. Love to all of you - would love to see a picture xx
  • Own_My_Own
    Own_My_Own Posts: 6,098 Forumite
    Xmas Saver!
    Options

Little Lexie finally made an appearance on tues evening at 11.52pm in a very quick labour, sadly she has a little heart condition (like her sister) but nothing too complicated, finally came home this morning, she weighted 6lb11.

Am very happy and tired!!!! Thanks for all your well wishes, will pop a photo on over weekend if I can!!

:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

CONGRATULATIONS
  • Damzel_In_Distress
    Options

Congratulations :j
    And I love the name choice, Its been in my top 3 girl names since I was old enough to think about what I would name my children! Haha!
    Hope you are all well :)
    Having a coke with you
    is even more fun than going to San Sebastian, Irun, Hendaye, Biarritz, Bayonne
    or being sick to my stomach on the Travesera de Gracia in Barcelona
  • Damzel_In_Distress
    Options
    Hi - thank you so much. I'm hoping to do a family hamper for us all, a pamper hamper for my SIL and a Night In Hamper for my IL and FIL.

A family hamper could still contain most of the things on my list, Except you may need a lot more of the sweets and pjs etc lol.
    If I were doing a family hamper I'd probably keep it mostly the same except add a bottle of wine and some pjs for me in it.
    I watch the xmas movie and eat the sweets with DS anyway and do the crafts sets and colouring with him as well so really i suppose i get enjoyment out of it as well .:)

I'm not sure DS would understand if the elf decided to leave a bottle of wine and some grown up pjs in the box though :rotfl:
    Having a coke with you
    is even more fun than going to San Sebastian, Irun, Hendaye, Biarritz, Bayonne
    or being sick to my stomach on the Travesera de Gracia in Barcelona
  • spacecadet1
    Options
    Good evening fellow christmas-lovers. Have today found out that my parents have decided to go away for xmas, and as my brother wants to spend his first xmas with his new gf & her kids, that means it will only be me, dh, dds 12 & 5, and fil on christmas day. Im kinda looking forward to a quieter christmas, but as I usually host 10-12, its going to be very different. I would like to do a special homemade dinner table thing as there will be a lot more room. I purchased a lovely black table cloth with little silver reindeer & snowflake design back in Jan sales so want to work around this. But I have no clue what i can make for napkin rings, cutelry holders or the dreade centre piece! So if any of you have seen any patterns, sites, or come across anything whilst out and about that could be suitable, please let me know. As I say, i really have no idea, im not too great at drawing so im open to any suggestions. Thankyou in advance :rudolf:

Snowflake napkin rings

http://www.dunelm-mill.com/shop/snowflakes-napkin-ring-114394?utm_source=google&utm_medium=googleshopping&utm_campaign=gshopping

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B009L20NZK/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp_sr_2?pf_rd_p=103612307&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B004DIXROQ&pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_r=0FFPGG5JXFNNW28F7T79

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4-x-Snowflake-Napkin-Rings-Christmas-Decorations-/190577204730?pt=UK_Home_Garden_Celebrations_Occasions_ET&hash=item2c5f495dfa

A lot if snowflaky ideas on here

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LUXURY-SNOWFLAKE-DESIGN-CHRISTMAS-PARTY-TABLEWARE-AND-XMAS-DECORATIONS-ALL-HERE-/290617302683?pt=UK_Home_Garden_Celebrations_Occasions_ET&var=&hash=item43aa241e9b#ht_1414wt_689

Reindeer ones like this

http://www.housetohome.co.uk/articles/news/Reindeer_napkin_rings_from_John_Lewis__435826.html
  • pinknfluffy28
    Options

CONGRATULATIONS
    Best wishes to you all, Lexie is a beautiful name, glad all is well now xx
    It's not about getting what you want, It's about wanting what you get.
  • girlinayellowdress
    Options

Well done, a lovely little family X
  • Possession
    Possession Posts: 3,262 Forumite
    Options
    Congratulations on little Lexie will-be-debt-free!
  • kayandy_2
    kayandy_2 Posts: 657 Forumite
    Options

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! Hope you && Lexie are okay big hugs!!

Congratulations :j
    And I love the name choice, Its been in my top 3 girl names since I was old enough to think about what I would name my children! Haha!
    Hope you are all well :)

Haha I have alexa && Lexie in my baby names Lexie for short of alexa
    :santa2: :rudolf:
    :D
  • pinknfluffy28
    Options
    I bought a fish bowl type glass vase a few years ago (from mr t's but lot of places like Amazon sell them). I fill it with Christmas baubles of various sizes & colours & looks really effective as a centre piece. You could fill with silver & black baubles.

I've also seen reindeer napkin holders before. Or you might find some snowflake napkin holders. Will try to remember where from. If you're any good at sewing, you could get some black material & silver material & make some napkins to alternate around the table.

Thankyou, I like the idea of the centrepeice, I have a short fat vase that should do perfectly, and i may even have black & silver baubles in the loft! Im no good at sewing so might have to buy napkins, pls let me know if you see any reindeer holders :rudolf:
    It's not about getting what you want, It's about wanting what you get.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure