Sashybo - Back Again

Options

Comments

• sashybo
    sashybo Posts: 4,503 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Hi Bob :hello: just on my break at work.

Back isn't feeling too bad so far today. Going to go on the cross trainer when I get home & maybe do a bit of yoga. Think I'll have a bath & hopefully that will help my back as well.

Yeah other people's obsession with the size of my bump is a bit weird - think it's mostly just a way of showing interest in the pregnancy but some people get a bit personal I.e. You look huge! Well gee thanks for that. :eek: Don't mind when they say I look neat though. :o:rotfl:

Got a good bit of tidying done last night & a washing done & hung up. Got the uniform shirts to stick in the wash & iron later.
    Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts. Car loan 1 £14,073, Car loan 2 £16,000, 0% CC1 £195. Debt Free Diary to try & keep spending in check.
  • sashybo
    Options
    Well I was good & went on the cross trainer when I got home from work today - not long off it actually. :) Only 15 mins but better than nothing and I do feel better afterwards. Think I'll leave yoga until tomorrow and just have a bath soon and hope it eases my back.

I ordered a long bolster type pillow from Groupon last week for £12 which just arrived today so I can use that to help support my back in bed and on the couch if needed. Already have a V shaped pillow as my neck is always sore and have been using a normal pillow between my knees at night to keep my hips & back aligned when lying on my side. I'm going to be surrounded by pillows in bed - poor DH. :rotfl:

Did a bit of online shopping last night and ordered 8 pairs of kids pyjamas & 2 kids t-shirts for £25 including postage. :j We put money away every month for birthdays & Christmas so the money for these will come from that account. They will do birthdays throughout the year as we have 4 nieces, 2 nephews and various friends' kids to buy a small thing for. I'm the boring auntie that always buys clothes & books. :rotfl:

One of my cats is sitting next to the keyboard and keeps tapping my arm with his paw because I'm not petting him enough. :D User. :rotfl:
    Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts. Car loan 1 £14,073, Car loan 2 £16,000, 0% CC1 £195. Debt Free Diary to try & keep spending in check.
  • Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Those pillows for in bed are amazing. I can't recommend them enough.
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • sashybo
    Options
    Bob, I was very comfy last night with the long pillow behind my back and my back hasn't felt as sore today either. :)

Had a horrible shift at work, very busy & stressful with everyone wanting me to do something different at the same time. :mad: I just had to say "I'm only one person!" in a slightly manic way and carried out my primary role first of all before even looking at the other issues. The problem with my job is that it's mostly reactionary and there's only so much you can do at once. I'm afraid that I can't answer 3 different phones, several people's questions, make a phone call to request something, record information, fix other people's mistakes & look at the main programme we use to send out info all at once. :eek: Oh and as quickly as you can because everyone is waiting on you doing these things. :cool:

That's just the way my job is some days - when something goes wrong, it goes wrong and it can be in several different areas at once. Got there in the end and then had several emails to send with issues that had made my job harder. Didn't get some paperwork done but can do that tomorrow so not going to worry. At least I can walk out the door and leave my job behind (mostly). Had a bit of a rant to DH as we work in the same industry, although in very different roles.

DH on late shift tonight so he had made a late lunch/early dinner when I got home and we at least saw each other for a couple of hours before he had to head to work.

I've ironed and hung up the uniform shirts so just going to relax for a while. Might do some bedtime yoga later to relax myself a bit more.

The cats think they're due their dinner as they saw DH & I eating earlier. :rotfl:
  • boxofpaws
    Options
    sashybo wrote: »
    . :mad: I just had to say "I'm only one person!" in a slightly manic way

That's me, all the time!

Congratulations on being 'neat' :rotfl:
    Debt Jan 2017 = £42k
    May 2022 = £15k
  • Bobarella
    Options
    Sounds like a bit of a difficult time at work. Maybe the yoga is a good plan.

• sashybo
    Options
    :rotfl: Thanks Bop.

Just had a nap & chilled out with the cats Bob so was a bit lazy & didn't do the bedtime yoga.

Work was busy today but nowhere near as bad as yesterday so that was ok. Had another 65th birthday on our shift so got them their helium balloon, card & cake and just gave them the cash to do what they'd like with. The same person is retiring at the end of May so we will have a bigger collection then and buy them something nice as a keepsake. Well I'll try to sort something out before the baby decides to arrive. :cool:

Went straight onto the cross trainer when I got home today - knew if I sat down I wouldn't get back up again. :o Did 15 mins on there and then 20 mins of yoga. Feeling the yoga in my back now, hope it's helping and not making it worse. :eek:

Only 3 more 5am alarms to go then off work for 5 days. :j DH on lates the rest of the week but at least seeing him for an hour or so when I get home before he goes out to work.
  • sashybo
    Options
    Back up to £5.45 on 0nepoll so far, just remembering to check it every day.Need to do more surveys to try & get to payout before the wee one arrives.

Paid more bagged up coins into the bank on my break today, so £10 to loan 1 & £16 into the savings for baby stuff. Loan no 1 will soon be in the 2300s. :j I'd love to pay it off by the end of the year but that's probably a bit ambitious when I'm going on maternity leave in May. :o

Looks like we'll be going ahead with another loan to get a second hand car for DH & get rid of the car that's costing £275 p/m.:eek: The loan payment will save approx £50 p/m and hopefully we'll be in a position to overpay at some point. Still think I'll try & clear loan 1 first as that will be £153 p/m we don't need to find.

Will have a re-think of my sig & maybe have the car loans separate from loans 1 & 2 so I don't completely depress myself about how high the debt total will be. :(

It's a lovely sunny day here today, feeling tired though as didn't get a great sleep last night.
  • sashybo
    Options
    Have been busy today - went for a cut & blow dry after work as my hair has been getting so thick & long. Much better now the hairdresser has cut 2 inches off, cut in some layers and thinned it out a bit. :) Cost £35 including tip which I think is pretty reasonable.

When I got home I did some cleaning, then put ingredients into the bread maker for a half rye/half white loaf. Also stuck a washing on so will hang that up soon.

Went out to the greenhouse to check on my sweet pea seedlings & they have shot up. :j Have moved them into small pots - three to four a pot as they are still small enough. Will let them get quite a bit bigger before planting in the front garden. I love the smell of the sweet peas when they are flowering and so nice to smell when opening the front door and getting in/out of the car. :)

I think I'll plant my tomato seeds this weekend and DH will probably start his chillies & sweet peppers. :j

Have also done another 15 mins on the cross trainer and a wee bit of stretching to try and help my back as it's niggling away again. Might need to self-refer to the maternity physio as well as continuing to see my chiropractor.

Cats are hanging around moaning for their dinner and need to make my own soon as well. Little cat is pretending to be my best friend, purring away and sitting on my shoulder (she thinks she's a parrot :rotfl: luckily she's a very small breed of cat so not too heavy :eek:).

Have also done a couple of short surveys as well as 0nepoll, now up to £5.70. :T
  • Bobarella
    Options
    How lovely to get a bit of pampering in. Bet you feel like a new woman :)

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure