People --- BE AWARE OF RSA E CHOICE...

Options

Comments

• katiedog
    katiedog Posts: 134 Forumite
    Options
    Quentin wrote: »
    Most helpful.

But being able/unable to get into the website won't be the reason Which? says they don't recommend us to use morethan for our car insurance!!!

Perhaps if you bothered reading some of the previous threads you would realise i was just addressing the question of logging in the website from a previous poster had. I dont think this is an issue as i dont there is an issue of logging in.

You may be right about WHICH not recommending echoice and it may have helped people more telling them about that.

I can only tell you that i havent any problems with them.
  • digital
    digital Posts: 212 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 9 April 2012 at 10:58AM
    Options
    I have been trying for two days now to change my insurance to my new car. The website accepts the new details and then tells me 'Our site appears to be having a few problems, but don't worry - we're working hard to fix it. Please try again soon'.

Their Customer Service Centre is closed for the Bank Holiday yet I need to change the insurance at midnight on Bank Holiday Monday. So the car isn't going to be insured until I can get through to them at 09:00 on Tuesday.

Appalling, and I won't be renewing.
    digital
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,387 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    digital wrote: »
    I have been trying for two days now to change my insurance to my new car. The website accepts the new details and then tells me 'Our site appears to be having a few problems, but don't worry - we're working hard to fix it. Please try again soon'.

Their Customer Service Centre is closed for the Bank Holiday yet I need to change the insurance at midnight on Bank Holiday Monday. So the car isn't going to be insured until I can get through to them at 09:00 on Tuesday.

Appalling, and I won't be renewing.

It is not uncommon for website maintenance to do done out of working hours. I am doing a bit of work today and have found several sites down for maintenance. Frustrating but they have to do it sometime.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • brianblessed
    Options
    Well I can finally say I have now successfully ended my ordeal... or at least I hope so! I have been assured on the phone that they will not debit my account or renew my insurance when it expires in a weeks time. I have such little faith in this company though that I am bracing myself for more drama! Oh and GET THIS.... they sent me a letter telling me it will cost £25 cancellation fee to cancel my policy with them (although the chap on the phone claimed that they will not actually charge me as the policy is coming to the end of it's 12 months).... If I do get charged I will make it common knowledge on here and other websites before contacting the Ombudsman!

RSA = dog sh 1 t! PPPPPPPLEASE be warned - they are utterly and completely RUBBISH!

:o
    Well you ended your policy in December so why would you need to change your policy details .The website is fine.
  • digital
    Options
    dunstonh wrote: »
    It is not uncommon for website maintenance to do done out of working hours. I am doing a bit of work today and have found several sites down for maintenance. Frustrating but they have to do it sometime.
    But with car insurance it's essential that at least one contact route is left open. To update a website, and have Customer Services closed at the same time, is unacceptable. To update the website outside of the usual 02:00 - 05:00 slot that most responsible companies use just makes the situation worse
    digital
  • brianblessed
    Options
    But with car insurance it's essential that at least one contact route is left open. To update a website, and have Customer Services closed at the same time, is unacceptable. To update the website outside of the usual 02:00 - 05:00 slot that most responsible companies use just makes the situation worse

yes thats true but the website was ok yesterday and its ok now. NO ISSUES HERE.
  • digital
    Options
    yes thats true but the website was ok yesterday and its ok now. NO ISSUES HERE.
    For changing the car on the policy, the website was broken yesterday and today.

For cancelling the policy, the website is broken today.

There are issues here.

By the way, the use of CAPITALS is regarded as shouting...
    digital
  • brianblessed
    Options
    For changing the car on the policy, the website was broken yesterday and today.

For cancelling the policy, the website is broken today.

There are issues here.

By the way, the use of CAPITALS is regarded as shouting...

Well i managed to change my policy online yesterday.

Im new to computers so i didnt know about the capitals thing so i appeciate you pointing my error out. However i did think you ill mannered to repeat my mistake.
  • digital
    Options
    Well i managed to change my policy online yesterday.
    That's fine, but I didn't. The website was broken on Sunday, Monday and again today. I have spoken to eChoice and they have confirmed that there are problems and have thanked me for reporting them to them and have opened a case with their IT department.
    Im new to computers so i didnt know about the capitals thing so i appeciate you pointing my error out. However i did think you ill mannered to repeat my mistake.
    Nothing 'ill mannered' at all, simply ensuring that you understand the convention.
    digital
  • tj1234
    Options
    Beware of this scamming organisation. Like many other people on this site, I became a victim to these fraudsters. I did a insurance search on Go Compare and RSA came up with the cheapest quote so I stupidly went with them but what a mistake. When I sold me car I tried to cancel my policy but couldn't as it is done online and there site has apparently been having the same problems for years where they will not close your policy and refund your owed balance. They never answer the phone and when you do get through to them, they tell you that you will be refunded in 10 days. After that they tell you it was not done by mistake and to wait another 10 working days. It has now been 4 months and they keep putting off the payment. Just imagine how many people they have done this to and the amount of money made through this scam over the years. I am currently in the process of taking them to court and also having them shut down. I now have enough evidence of their fraudulent activity so avoid like the plague is all I can say to everyone out there!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure