Compensation for post traumatic strwss

Options

Comments

• photome
    photome Posts: 16,362 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    Loisreid wrote: »
    The captain scuba dived down to retrieve what was left of the body.

And he was arrested 5 hours after the incident by this time we were taken too and left in a marquee full of Syrian refugees who had just been pulled from a boat coming into turkey.

That reads like a very tall story
  • Loisreid
    Options
    Because the papers are not interested as we don't know who we hit, one newspaper wanted to put that we hit someone on holiday ( tourist ) another one was a Syrian refugee.
    Out of respect for the man who died and his family when we don't even no who he was or where he come from as hotel wouldn't tell us I didn't feel it was fair to plaster it over the papers
  • Loisreid
    Options
    Why would boris be in turkey?

Is this some sort of joke to you?
  • photome
    photome Posts: 16,362 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    Options

If it really happened it's not a joke

But the captain of your boat scuba dived to retrieve what's left of the body just doesn't sound plausible!

Any links to any news items anywhere, there must be something
  • Loisreid
    Options
    Yes the engine had sliced him, it was like a shark attack in the water and I will never get that image out of my head.

Yes it was a water sports team, we was on a scuba diving trip at the time.

Believe me I have googled it many times but hotel is so popular they didn't want anyone knowing

Turkey has lost so many customers as it is and the sheer panic of their face when it happened you could tell they were definetly worroed
  • Bogalot
    Bogalot Posts: 1,102 Forumite
    Options

Your story is rather elaborate. Scuba diving body picker uppers, Syrian refugees, a hotel that wants to hush everything up yet are not concerned about what you claim to know. And a body seemingly disposed of ... well, who knows how!
  • Loisreid
    Options
    It does seem that way I agree but it happened end off.

They offered us a £200 voucher for another holiday as a sorry I told them to stick it where the sun doesn't shine as would never want to return back to the resort of use the travel company again.
  • greenface
    greenface Posts: 4,871 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Keep away from the press FOREVER there is no gain . contact legal people to advise you . Don't speculate to anyone and wish you never posted here TBH . Keep it calm and don't be rushed .horrible thing to witness but need to be investigated asap if not sooner .
    :cool: hard as nails on the internet . wimp in the real world :cool:
  • meer53
    meer53 Posts: 10,217 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I was on holiday 4 weeks ago and myself and my partner hired out a boat from the resort water sports team ( a captain ) was driving. Coming back into the resort the boat hit someone in the water and killed them. We have both been signed off sick for a minimum of 4 weeks with post traumatic stress due to the lack of customer care ( none of it ) from both the travel company and the hotel.
    We have lost 4 weeks of income and unable to pay rent. What can we do?

I would try my best to get back to some normality, going back to work will help with this, you can still have counselling but if you are unable to pay your rent or bills, you need to try to move on. Who would you expect to receive compensation from ?
  • PeacefulWaters
    Options
    meer53 wrote: »
    I would try my best to get back to some normality, going back to work will help with this, you can still have counselling but if you are unable to pay your rent or bills, you need to try to move on. Who would you expect to receive compensation from ?

Suing a sole trader who probably doesn't have any liability insurer or significant assets would be a waste of time.

Your post makes a lot of sense.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport