Textbroker - Writing for money (not vouchers)

Options

Comments

• movingon
    Options
    I think it is a pity we can't rate instructions retrospectively. I too have had problems with revisions that don't bear any relation to the original requests, and I think it is because the requesters think we can read their minds and do not make the requests specific or clear enough.
    It can be very frustrating but it's all in the game. :j
  • Catriona_P
    Options
    But I did say, 'well, I could write an extra paragraph for you to insert, if you send me a DirectOrder for another 120-150 words'. :cool:

Haha love it! I didn't know they couldn't ask for 2 revisions! It's a bit annoying as the new instructions have meant I've had to rewrite the whole thing from scratch. Not a mindreader me!

Rating the instructions would be a nice idea, movingon.
    "Why, this is hell, nor am I out of it."
  • AppleSue
    Options
    Just had my first five articles reviewed by TB, and while two are 4*, three are 3* so I stay at a lowly rating. :o

However, I got marked down on three things:

Commas - they love commas! Stick a comma in wherever you can. They were, in my humble opinion, far too many interrupting the flow of the copy, but he who pays the piper etc...

Cap up 'internet' - as in 'even though the Internet isn't a brand name or a title they still want it written as Internet'.

Don't cap up anything else - I put a word in caps for EMPHASIS and got marked down in it. My fault, I should have used italics.

Thought this may help anyone else trying to up their rating.

The commas thing is purely personal, and I've seen it mentioned by people on here before, but I wish I had known about Internet as it stopped me getting a 4* rating.
    On the plus side, there is still £20 in my Paypal account that wasn't there last week, all for writing about PPI claims and cash for gold websites. :beer:
  • nhoneymonster
    Options
    I was a bit confused by that as well, so just added a byline to the title: "Whatever it was about", by 'MacsReturns real name'. Worked out okay.

It will be rated, rather than accepted/rejected, your rating after that will depend on ongoing work.

I emailed them and they said you only have to put your name if the article has been published elsewhere, but the instructions say not to use one that has been published elsewhere! Just added my name at the end to be on the safe side.

Have written 5 articles now so have to wait for them to be rated before I can do any more.
  • MMO_3
    MMO_3 Posts: 56 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Can I ask how much they pay for new people signing up to write an article (500 words)? Thanks.
  • MacsReturns
    Options
    MMO wrote: »
    Can I ask how much they pay for new people signing up to write an article (500 words)? Thanks.

It depends on the star rating for the article - 4* is paid at 1.5c per word, so a 500 word piece nets 7.50 Euros. Lower stars obviously mean lower rates, and you can't take on pieces that are above your own rating.
    A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone - Thoreau
  • MMO_3
    MMO_3 Posts: 56 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks for the info. So about £6 if you are 4 star-rated. Not bad.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,101 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I'm only a 3 star writer (unfortunately), but have managed to get on tonight in time to get one article wrote and posted back and another one reserved for after dinner.

Thanks guys!
  • SarahCarer
    Options
    Is it just a case of keep checking back? I'm 4 star but haven't been given any work, check about 3 times a day...
  • MrsSurvey
    MrsSurvey Posts: 10 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks to everyone on this thread for making me give Textbroker another go! I signed up a while back, but I felt disheartened by the lack of any jobs. I also felt that my 3* rating might see me blocked out of a lot of the jobs on offer, hence my leaving Textbroker to lay dormant for a while.

After reading about everyone's trials and tribulations here, I decided to log in this morning; and to my delight, there was one job available to me! Ok, so it's not a brilliant topic, but it's a start - one I thought I'd never get. Furthermore, because I feel a bit hacked off with Vivatic at the moment - no jobs, and yet they seem to be continuously recruiting - I need something else to get stuck into.

Any more tips for good income writing sites will be welcomed!

Thanks again.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport