Survey Stashing: Valued Opinion hints & tips

Options
1161718192022»

Comments

• AprilLady
    AprilLady Posts: 932 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Thanks! That was probably the one place I didn't look! :)
  • Wizzbang
    Wizzbang Posts: 4,716 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Rampant Recycler
    Options
    Hi,

Can anyone tell me if the Valued Opinions John Lewis rewards are eVouchers or physical vouchers? They can't be bothered to reply to my email! 0_0
    Minimalist
    Extra income since 01/11/12 £36,546.45

• supersonicgirl
    Options
    Not impressed, stayed in to take part in an online panel, logged in regularly from 19.00 onwards ( was due to start at 19.30) and just got taken to main valued opinions page, then at 19.23 it took me a page to say the online panel was full? What a joke 😡
  • jenniewb
    jenniewb Posts: 12,836 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 31 August 2017 at 5:47AM
    Options
    Just found out that I've had my account perminantly deleted from the panel! I've no idea why- I was told it was a "discrepancy" in my answers....I don't know where or what because they aren't telling me this. I'd been a member for years and years (possibly more than 10 years) and had always been honest with my answers even though it often meant being screened out. I had taken part in many surveys from them over the years, most for less than £1 (I never seemed to be able to pass the screening for the higher paying ones).

Just a note of warning- there was no note or email to my account being permanently suspended and I had been able to log in but just had no surveys. I'd not chased them for a long time (months) until now and had to send a few emails to get a response, it was a short response telling me due to "indiscrepancies" my account had been "permanently suspended". No warning before then, no note after it apparently happened, no nothing.

I used to think quite highly of this site as they always seemed fair enough and would usually credit for surveys taken, yes I would get screened out of more surveys than I was accepted for (the down-side to being honest with my answers!) but that's just what happens when you are not a marketers ideal candidate (too poor, too old, not spending enough money or whatever) but I understand this and this has always been the case. I knew to expect this. I just understood this is how things worked.
    But the way this has all ended for me has made me think twice. I know this is just my experience alone and others will have only good experiences but I just wanted to report/post here what had happened to me in case it happens to anyone else and in case you were left wondering why you had not been getting their emails- they don't seem to warn or let you know when this happens.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    jenniewb wrote: »
    Just found out that I've had my account perminantly deleted from the panel! I've no idea why- I was told it was a "discrepancy" in my answers....I don't know where or what because they aren't telling me this. I'd been a member for years and years (possibly more than 10 years) and had always been honest with my answers even though it often meant being screened out. I had taken part in many surveys from them over the years, most for less than £1 (I never seemed to be able to pass the screening for the higher paying ones).

Just a note of warning- there was no note or email to my account being permanently suspended and I had been able to log in but just had no surveys. I'd not chased them for a long time (months) until now and had to send a few emails to get a response, it was a short response telling me due to "indiscrepancies" my account had been "permanently suspended". No warning before then, no note after it apparently happened, no nothing.

I used to think quite highly of this site as they always seemed fair enough and would usually credit for surveys taken, yes I would get screened out of more surveys than I was accepted for (the down-side to being honest with my answers!) but that's just what happens when you are not a marketers ideal candidate (too poor, too old, not spending enough money or whatever) but I understand this and this has always been the case. I knew to expect this. I just understood this is how things worked.
    But the way this has all ended for me has made me think twice. I know this is just my experience alone and others will have only good experiences but I just wanted to report/post here what had happened to me in case it happens to anyone else and in case you were left wondering why you had not been getting their emails- they don't seem to warn or let you know when this happens.

This happened to a lot of member's of E-rewards who are part of the same group as VO. I along with lots of others stopped receiving survey invites for a while, logged in only to find my account was suspended for "discrepancies", seemingly taking my £23 balance with them. After several weeks of me moaning at them via Facebook and asking them what these discrepancies were they eventually re-instated my account and balance.

Hope you manage to get it sorted, it's not on that they close accounts without explanation. I'll be keeping an eye on my VO account too.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure