Beauty Boxes (monthly subscription) DISCUSS HERE

Options

Comments

• EMJ2
    EMJ2 Posts: 214 Forumite
    Options
    I've only just discovered these boxes exist and am quite excited! I can't decide whether to try the Glossybox (and hope it's better than some of the reviews now it's merged with Carmine) or the Amarya box which looks great too. I like the idea of the full sizes and organic products etc. in the Amarya but also like the idea of the variety of products in the GB!

Are there any current codes around for either? The Glossybox2012 one doesn't seem to be working anymore.

Em xXx
    :D Mummy to two gorgeous LO's and always in search of a bargain!!! :D
  • dippydooda
    dippydooda Posts: 419 Forumite
    Options
    this one saves postage, someone had posted it earlier in the thread
    GLOSSYWELCOME1
  • Spamolio
    Spamolio Posts: 6 Forumite
    Options
    I am still a beauty box virgin, I went to sign up for Carmine and found out about the merger.
    I have only heard bad things about GB, that high profile bloggers get the really good things and others just get random rubbish.
    Lux box looks good and I reckon they will have a great start, but will it carry on?
    2012 Wins: 12 Month Taste Card, L'Oreal Colour Riche Lip Stick, Vera Wang Lovestruck Gift Set, Max Factor Lip Tint, Lancôme Skincare Travel Set
    Amazon Vouchers 2012: £5 x2 - £10 x1 - £15 x1 - £20 x2
  • purplebutterfly
    Options
    When you read the FB page for Glossybox, the main complaint seems to be that they take absolutely no notice of the profiling section of your account.

That, to me, says everything about their regard for their customers. I mean, if you plan to just send whatever you feel like, don't bother having the profile. Simple.

I also dislike the fact that people get different items. If everyone is getting a face cream, everyone should get the same cream - or at the very least, the same monetary value equivalent.

It is up to Glossybox to pass the information on to the PR companies who secure their sample items - they need to be passing exact numbers in order to satisfy demand.

If, for whatever reason, Glossybox CAN'T obtain enough samples of one item, then it is up to them to apologise and make up the difference to boxes without that item.
    Living with Lupus is like juggling with butterflies
  • purplebutterfly
    Options
    I've jsut ahd an email from Latest In Beauty - if you pick up a copy of the Mail On Sunday tomorrow, you can claim a beauty box for £8.50 (+£2.50 p&p) that they say is worth £70 in ml for ml value.

It's not exactly worth £70 - you can get it up to £70 ml for ml value if you take the highest prices etc but don't buy it just for the sake of it unless you actually want to try the items :money:

youbox.jpg
  • Rose80
    Rose80 Posts: 297 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks Purplebutterfly, looks like a really good deal I think.

Wonder if it will be a code in the magazine? If anyone is going to get it and post it on here that would be brilliant, I won't be able to get out tomorrow. Hopefully we'll get to see more on the items too. :)
  • purplebutterfly
    Options
    I honestly don't know if it will be a code or a coupon. I'll get my step-mum's copy from her in the afternoon but won't know until then whether you need a physical copy or not
  • veggieblob
    veggieblob Posts: 637 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Here is the link to the anti-ageing box from YOU mag

http://www.latestinbeauty.com/youaa/

no code required

hth someone
  • purplebutterfly
    Options
    veggieblob, thank you so much for that link.

928861.gif
  • marchen
    marchen Posts: 85 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    the latest in beauty box is fab, fab, fab! received it promptly this morning and will be working on reviews over the coming weeks.

if latest in beauty would drop that silly 'pay per sample' thing they've got going and just do a monthly flat rate box it would be wonderful.
    :j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport