Frump to Fab 2018 - Fabulous Dahhhhlings

Options

Comments

• sashybo
    sashybo Posts: 4,503 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Haha I remember those days, I used to feel like Sisyphus from the Greek myth - doomed to an eternity rolling a boulder up a hill! :rotfl:

:rotfl: dandy I’m just picturing you pushing a pram up a hill with a wee boulder sitting in it now. :rotfl: That’s actually what DS feels like sometimes, can’t believe how strong he’s made my arms. :rotfl:
    sukeyboo wrote: »
    sashybo - I had my first attempt at the beginners yoga with Adriene last night - I felt good after it but I definitely need to improve my flexibility :eek:

Glad you enjoyed it sukeyboo. :) It really is amazing how regular yoga practice helps your whole body. How did you find the video? I found Adriene a lot clearer & slower than other instructors when I was beginning. I also found the videos she has on each separate pose quite useful (usually only a few mins long) as she breaks it down in a more detailed way if you’re not sure exactly how you should be positioned.

I can remember when I was acting as my grandson's childminder and in order to take my own son and grandson around snug and safe I would ferry them around in a Silver Cross pram. It was donated to me and so much better for them than a double buggy. They could both fit into it lying down as there was so much room, but it was heavy even for me to push on an even pavement. I lived in a maisonette and pulling that pram up the stairs soon had my stomach and arms nicely toned. There is always a silver lining :D

I’m impressed sugarbaby the big Silver Cross prams are really heavy. :eek: maman they look lovely but are very pricey & I think they would be very difficult to manoeuvre in & out of shops etc and not great if you had a car and wanted to take the pram with you. As you say, not so practical for a lot of people. sugar I hope your daughter is feeling better soon & you can get your ESA sorted.

Ruby DS is a bit better thanks. He is still quite snotty & is teething again now though, so still quite disrupted sleep. :( Hope your DS1 is feeling better & sleeps better tonight - it’s a horrible feeling when they are so miserable and you’re feeling exhausted.

Floss nice dress and a great price too. :T
    Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts. Car loan 1 £14,073, Car loan 2 £16,000, 0% CC1 £195. Debt Free Diary to try & keep spending in check.
  • Floss
    Floss Posts: 8,249 Forumite
    Options
    I had a Marmot coach-built pram for my boys, 30+ years ago, with a shopping tray under and a seat on top for DS1 when DS2 was born. It was heavy with a boy (or 2!) in/on and shopping in the bottom, but was very easy to push and I walked for miles (often with a cat following or riding with the baby). People then were much happier to open doors when you had a big pram as they were still quite common in Warrington where we lived in the late 80's.
    2021 Decluttering Awards: ⭐⭐🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇 2022 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
    2023 Decluttering Awards: 🥇 🏅🏅🥇
    2024 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
  • sashybo
    sashybo Posts: 4,503 Forumite
    Options
    Hi all,

:rotfl: Floss I like that you had a boy or 2 plus a cat in the pram. :rotfl:

Yoga was challenging last night, half splits (standing one leg balance) was one I was really struggling with, felt it in my hip a lot. It was a 40 minute practice rather than the usual 20 too but I managed it and felt good afterwards.

I’ve been looking into the use of evening primrose oil for hair loss as my DH is really thinning on top and feeling very self-conscious about it. Have read a few things and it sounds promising so may get some for DH to take, can’t really do any harm.
    Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts. Car loan 1 £14,073, Car loan 2 £16,000, 0% CC1 £195. Debt Free Diary to try & keep spending in check.
  • lessonlearned
    lessonlearned Posts: 13,337 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Hello lovely ladies

Sorry not able to read all your posts. Will catch up when I get back.

It’s 2pm Brazil time. Just crossed the equator. Kissed the fish.....apparently it’s a nautical tradition you have to kiss a fish to appease Neptune......:rotfl:

Hmmmmmmm.........

It’s extremely hot, so I am Keeping to the shade this afternoon.

We enter the mouth of the Amazon tomorrow morning. So excited....

Having a great time.

Still feeling the after effects of my fall but gradually getting better. Having Physio every other day. I have had so many treatments in the spa they are giving me a free facial tomorrow. Still it’s been worth the money to get better quickly. Another man who suffered from the same injuries refused to pay for treatment and now cannot move his arm at all and is in agony.

Formal night last night. Wore my posh pale gold lace fishtail dress and got lots of compliments.

Our cabin boy treats us like queens. :D

Talk soon.

Hope should all well and keeping up the fabbing.
  • sugarbaby125
    sugarbaby125 Posts: 3,335 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hello Ladies,

LL lovely to hear from you and it is great that the physio is working for you and you are having a really good time.

Lovely dress Floss

I had a free ticket to see The Johann Strauss Gala at The Royal Festival Hall this afternoon and it was such a fantastic show. :T I was expecting classical music from a live orchestra, but we also had 2 soloist, a tenor and a soprano and the Johann Strauss dancers, who were all very talented ballet dancers. We had polkas and waltzes and other dances. It was just non stop fun. The conductor was a delight, he was so confident and passionate. :D
  • savingfortomorrow
    Options
    after a rocky start to the fabbing this year, i bought two new dresses a hobbs and petit precis: and a few new skirts. I went to the hair dresser, a much different one to the last one who made me feel like dirt. This one was so nice and didnt pressurize me, it was lovely to just to deal with professionals who were really nice. I will definately be returning there.

i wore make up today and tomorrow also. each step foward.
  • sugarbaby125
    sugarbaby125 Posts: 3,335 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hello Ladies,

I had a quiet Sunday as I was feeling tired. I am hoping that I will not keep on suffering from insomnia now that my eldest daughter is making tiny steps of recovery. She has been allowed home, with her feeding tube, as the other tests she needs to have can be done in out patients clinics. My daughter has lost 4 stones in weight since she first became ill. :eek: I was shocked speechless when she told me. She still can not eat solid food, that is why she needs sustenance through her feeding tube. :(

I went to a film preview yesterday. I really enjoyed the film and found it really fascinating.:D It was a tense and taut film. There was a Q & A session with the film's Director straight after the end of the film which was really interesting. :) I am not allowed to talk about the film until it is on general release. I also had a voucher to get a standard size bucket of popcorn when I bought a drink. I took a zip lock freezer bag and poured most of the popcorn into the bag and took it home for my children to enjoy.

I had a lot of joint pain, muscle pain and pain around my heart last week, so I am hoping this week will be easier for me.

I am going to Karaoke tonight. I had to give it a miss last week as I was just not feeling up to it.

I am so glad the weather is much milder here in London today.
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,591 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    after a rocky start to the fabbing this year, i bought two new dresses a hobbs and petit precis: and a few new skirts. I went to the hair dresser, a much different one to the last one who made me feel like dirt. This one was so nice and didnt pressurize me, it was lovely to just to deal with professionals who were really nice. I will definately be returning there.

i wore make up today and tomorrow also. each step foward.

Wow! That's fabbing and some. Good for you!

It's great to have a good hairdresser. I followed mine around various salons for years until he finally moved abroad. Now I use the same stylist that my DD uses and I'm even happier with her. Which reminds me I need to make an appointment.

I called in at the Benefit counter again last week as I needed some moisturiser. I got them to do my eyebrows again. It's amazing what a professional make up artist can do. I really need to keep practising.

I'm going to have my nails done again today. I love the look of shellac. They've not chipped at all but have grown out a bit. :(

Also made an appointment with the chiropodist. Although I've been really good at creaming almost daily, it's good to have my feet looked after properly. I buy a 6 session block which saves a bit although its still really expensive. Summer time I'll switch to the (cheaper) pedicure at the nail shop.

I'm still using up products including perfume. I've promised myself when these last two bottles are gone I'm treating myself to Jo Malone. I always have a spritz when I'm in the city centre. The trouble is that I had virtually settled on Grapefruit but now I'm fancying the Basil, Lime and Mandarin. Decisions!!

Sorry this has been a bit me, me, me this morning. I hope you are all well. It's grey and damp here but as sugarbaby said much warmer.
  • sugarbaby125
    Options
    Hello Ladies,

My daughter was not allowed to go home, as the hospital had concerns about her maintaining her feeding tube at home. She is really upset, which leaves me worried.
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,591 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hello Ladies,

My daughter was not allowed to go home, as the hospital had concerns about her maintaining her feeding tube at home. She is really upset, which leaves me worried.

Sending you a big hug sugarbaby.:) I can understand her being upset as we're all happier in our own home and our own bed.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure