E.on Warm Home Discount Scheme

Options

Comments

• Anthorn
    Anthorn Posts: 4,362 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Don't worry Anthorn. All of our customers who qualify for Warm Home Discount in 2017/18 will receive £140. This is whether qualifying through the Core or Broader Groups. This won't change for 2017/18 regardless of how many successful applications we have. All these customers will receive £140. We paid a similar amount to all our customers who qualified for last year's scheme (2016/17).

Still problems. Sorry and all that.

First, I asked that since the details of the 2017/18 scheme have not been finalised what if the amount of the WHD is increased. Will customers who have already registered get the new amount or the old amount they applied for? You have answered that all customers who have applied will get £140 and you have also said that it won't change for 2017/18. How do you know that when the details have not been finalised.

Secondly, customers do not know for sure which group they are in - core or broader - because the DWP have not yet sent out advice and will not do so until the Autumn. Usually this takes the form of a letter "You do / do not qualify for automatic payment of the WHD". It is that advice which energy suppliers except E.ON are waiting for. It does appear that E.ON is usurping the advice of the DWP and substituting their own unique rules of qualification which are distinct from the rest of those energy suppliers which provide the scheme.
  • fredandwilma
    fredandwilma Posts: 1,251 Forumite
    Chutzpah Haggler I won, I won, I won! Rampant Recycler Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    In 2017 Utilita are opening their Broader Group application process to customers on Monday 14th August. Please refer to the website on this date where you will be able to complete an online application form.

The Application Process for 2017 will be closing on Monday 18th September. They will not be accepting any further applications after this date. For any further questions regarding the Warm Home Discount scheme is 2017/2018 please refer to their ‘FAQs’ section.

https://utilita.co.uk/save-energy/warm-home-discount

Hope this helps someone.
    Fred - Where's your get up and go?

Barney - It just got up and went.

Carpe diem
  • fredandwilma
    Options
    It does appear NPower are now accepting applications for the Warm Home Discount:

https://www.npower.com/spreading_warmth/home/warm-home-discount/

Hth

f&w

Carpe diem
  • fredandwilma
    Options

Carpe diem
  • Rachel222
    Options
    Have been trying to get one of these for someone who hasn't got a computer. I emailed the helpline one week ago and no response (other than they'll get back to me). Then been on hold for 30 mins at customer service centre. Is there a link to one on the EON website that I can print off for them to complete?
  • Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc
    Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc Posts: 6,558 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Rachel222 wrote: »
    Have been trying to get one of these for someone who hasn't got a computer. I emailed the helpline one week ago and no response (other than they'll get back to me). Then been on hold for 30 mins at customer service centre. Is there a link to one on the EON website that I can print off for them to complete?

Morning Rachel and welcome to the Forums.

I'm sorry you haven't had a reply yet to your email and have been kept waiting on the phone. If you drop an email with the details to the address in my Profile, I'll be happy to sort out a paper application for the current Warm Home Discount scheme.

Look forward to hearing from you Rachel.

Malc
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • fredandwilma
    Options
    My Warm Home Discount application has been approved.

Many thanks to E.on. :A

Carpe diem
  • Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc
    Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc Posts: 6,558 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    My Warm Home Discount application has been approved.

Many thanks to E.on. :A

Nice one fredandwilma. As I mentioned to poppasmurf on another thread, we'll start making payments under the Broader Group from September 17 with a view to making them all by the end of March 18. Provided, that is, you don't change your electricity supplier or move home before we can pay you.

If I recall, you've already checked out the other ways we look to support our more vulnerable customers. Just a quick reminder, as well as Warm Home Discount, there might be help available to help save money be saving energy through the Energy Company Obligation (ECO). There's more details on our website.

Glad your application for Warm Home Discount was successful fredandwilma.

Malc
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • fredandwilma
    edited 18 August 2017 at 7:33AM
    Options
    Provided, that is, you don't change your electricity supplier or move home before we can pay you.

Malc

Good to see you, Malc. :hello:

The chances of that happening are zero. E.on are always very prompt with payment and we are almost into September. Although, it's now the final countdown, only 11 months remaining on my tariff. :cry:

Be positive - I still have 11 months remaining, on my tariff. :D

I don't want to have to leave E.on. It suits me to have a stress free energy supplier, for which, I may have to pay an extra £10 a month. Cheap v reliable? There's no avoiding the increase from pre brexit rates, for me. But who knows? Next summer is probably as good a time as any, for switching or changing tariffs.

The Governments website is now updated:-

https://www.gov.uk/the-warm-home-discount-scheme

https://www.gov.uk/the-warm-home-discount-scheme/eligibility

Carpe diem
  • SpotlandRules
    Options
    Just had confirmation from Malc that my WHD has been approved.

Awesome, as I missed out on it last year with OVO.

Thank you, you have taken a massive weight off my shoulders.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure