Back in debt but not out

Options

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    He thoroughly loved it :) unfortunately they grounded the cadets here but they still do a different type of gliding....can't remember which one.

DS has always got on well with structure, so I think it will work well for him.

In other news food shopping done, need to dye my hair, do the ironing and make dinner. Remembered last minute that DS has a birthday party at the local skatepark, so quick trip to the card shop and £10 drawn out.

I'm sure there's other stuff I need to do but can't remember.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 9 October 2016 at 9:24PM
    Options
    Hair dyed (look less like a witch now), ironing done, dinner sorted and eaten.

In a panicky feeling regarding work, DH can only help me so much, love him lots for everything he has/is doing, but I need to be realistic, I'm helping out with this project until the end of November then that could be 'it', I can't risk that so close to Christmas and I feel annoyed that I put myself in this position because my hands were in effect tied...I had no option IMHO, so tomorrow I need to ring the agencies that have helped in the past and left them know of the changes, I have a new one that I can ring and they have my cv so will add them to my list.

DH has said Christmas is ok because of what we have saved and he's got bonuses coming through, but I'm worried, I've never ever been in this position and now I feel like crying. I couldn't sleep last night and I feel restless.

Really hope that something does happen and that my silver lining isn't just a dud.
  • MrsSave
    MrsSave Posts: 1,817 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Sorry you're feeling so down. I'm sure things will sort themselves out, but I know it is such a big worry. I don't have a job once I finish my maternity leave and I'm already worrying about that (even though I haven't even started my maternity leave yet!!!).
    Starting a new debt free journey
    Starting Debt: £5,250
    Current Debt: £4,995.50
    Amount Paid: £254.50 Percentage Paid: 4.84%
    Emergency Fund: £350
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    MrsSave wrote: »
    Sorry you're feeling so down. I'm sure things will sort themselves out, but I know it is such a big worry. I don't have a job once I finish my maternity leave and I'm already worrying about that (even though I haven't even started my maternity leave yet!!!).

Thanks Hun x
  • debtaghh
    debtaghh Posts: 1,794 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Really hope you find a job soon x
  • monz
    monz Posts: 4,129 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Debt-free and Proud! Stoptober Survivor
    Options
    Just take it one step at a time. Easier said than done but look how far you have came <3 xx
    Debt (1/9/14) £6,702.11 Debt free (30/11/2016) mortgage port- £70,077.82 and mortgage £126,517.39 o/s currently
    Debt - £17,190.83 (29/7/22) now (19/8/22) £16,688.80
  • Thistle-down
    Options
    It's hard not to worry when you are so unsure what will happen once this job ends. Be firm in believing that no matter what happens, you will get through it, you will survive and it probably won't be anywhere near as bad as you have imagined. These situations usually turn out to be blessings in disguise. :grouphug:
    :happylove
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Thanks debtaghh, Monz and Thistle-down xx
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 11 October 2016 at 12:35PM
    Options
    So I have got my 2017 Goals together now.
    • Pay £3k off CC minimum - £250 pm – keep monthly tally
    • Declutter properly – eBay/Amazon/Charity shop – anything sold, transfer money over to budgets
    • Decorate both kids rooms - A must if we are going to put the house up for sale
    • No alcohol days/months
    • No spend days/weeks
    • Save the change towards Christmas
    • Wombling – Need to master this one :)
    • Set up budget for – Car (insurances, taxes, services)/Water/Council Tax/Home/Gas/Electric/Birthdays - £70pm???
    • Lunches to work as much as possible
    • Avoid the pub – this is a must
    • Need to build up an emergency fund – 3 x DH's monthly salary?? PADing??
    • Walk 10,000 steps per day
    • Keep to meal plan, try to reduce grocery/alcohol spends
    All of which I'm sure can be doable. The main thing is to find a job and that is in hand.

• Thistle-down
    Options
    That's a nice list of goals, achievable things that will make a difference. You've inspired me to get working on my list - I've been saying I'd get it done for at least a month now... :o
    :happylove
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport