Faulty PC from PC retailer

Options

Comments

• wealdroam
    wealdroam Posts: 19,181 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I also sent a copy of the letter to both emails i have for them.
    I was told if they dont collect in the 14 days to contact them and they will explain other steps i could take

But what did you tell the seller would happen if they didn't collect within 14 days?
    Looks like you have given them no incentive to arrange the timely collection.

Not quite your scenario, but this Derbyshire County Council Trading Standards document explains your responsibilities.
  • angryparcel
    angryparcel Posts: 926 Forumite
    Options
    wealdroam wrote: »
    But what did you tell the seller would happen if they didn't collect within 14 days?
    Looks like you have given them no incentive to arrange the timely collection.

Not quite your scenario, but this Derbyshire County Council Trading Standards document explains your responsibilities.
    I told him after 14 days i would sell it and changed £50 a day storage from the 15th day to the date it sells.

I think the issue why it keeps freezing is the processor, which could be easily fixed, so no idea why he listed a 12 mth RTB warranty which when i informed him of the issue and was told to open a return case in ebay, so he send a replacement, but then immediately he rejected the return case.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I told him after 14 days i would sell it and changed £50 a day storage from the 15th day to the date it sells.
    You should not threaten anything you are not legally allowed to do...
  • angryparcel
    Options
    You should not threaten anything you are not legally allowed to do...
    Citizen advice say i can, but any money must be kept and sent to him
    We would then advise that you send a formal letter of complaint to the trader giving them reasonable timescale to collect the item. We recommend you send this by recorded delivery and keep a copy for your own records. If the trader then fails to arrange collection of the computer you will be entitled to dispose of the computer, If you sell the computer you must inform the seller and keep the money for 14 days to allow them time to collect whatever money you sold it for, you could charge a reasonable fee for holding the computer until it is sold and then deduct this from whatever you sold the computer for.
    If you want to discuss this further please call us on 03454 04 05 06 or reply to this e mail

Kind regards
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    It quite clearly states "reasonable fee". You think £50 a day for storage is reasonable???
  • angryparcel
    Options
    It quite clearly states "reasonable fee". You think £50 a day for storage is reasonable???
    It is when you dont have the storage space to store it, not much room in a 1 bed flat
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    It is when you dont have the storage space to store it, not much room in a 1 bed flat

Good luck with that one...
  • wealdroam
    wealdroam Posts: 19,181 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Did you read that Trading Standards leaflet I linked to earlier?
  • angryparcel
    Options
    wealdroam wrote: »
    Did you read that Trading Standards leaflet I linked to earlier?
    Yes I did Thanks
  • angryparcel
    Options
    :o
    DavidP24 wrote: »
    £50 a day is fine if you have told him so he can mitigate his loss.

I would expect him to go to Paypal next saying you have it and he wants the money.

Clearly he is not honouring warranty
    It was Paypal you told me to return it to him to get a refund and because i showed the attempted delivery Paypal closed the case in my favour, I got the update from Paypal when i phone them as they stated they had to give him 3 days to conformed receipts of the item back and then i got email saying 30 days had to pass, so i called paypal and the guy on the phone looked at the case and checked the tracking info they had and say numerous attempts by the courier, so immediately closed in my favour which stops him from going to paypal asking for his money back.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure