LBM in 2003.. What have I been doing since??!

Options

Comments

• PinotGrigio41
    PinotGrigio41 Posts: 4,213 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    :j:j Yey to the bonus Mrs B, I somehow missed that bit in my last post !! Amazing news, am soooo pleased for you. :j:j

Yes one day our diaries will miraculously be in sync and we will meet over yummy cocktails.

One day when I am DF I will organise that big party for all of our lovely friends in the box that I have threatened to have for the last two years. It will happen !! xxx
    LBM July 2011 - Finally took control Nov 2011 DFD Sometime in the distant future ! :eek:
    Total debts Nov 2011 [STRIKE]£96796.75[/STRIKE]:eek:
    Total Debts JUL 2020 £00.00
    Cleared Jul 2020 £96796.75
    :T
    Emergency Fund / Rainy Day - £5500 . DMP Mutual Support Thread 428
  • peaceandfreedom
    Options
    brizzledfw wrote: »
    Meal planning is working a treat. OH did a freezer inventory as well to convince ourselves we had loads of ingredients and stockpiled meals (and of course we do!) and it seems to be working. He also stretched the chicken to 3 main meals (each serving 4 or even on Sunday and this eve, 5!) which is a result. He was rather pleased with himself. The JO recipe book came out again, yesterday was chicken risotto with loads of spring greens and broccoli for bulk. Apparently it was yummy.

Impressive! A chicken in our house would do 1 meal (for five) and maybe a few scraps for one person's lunch the next day.

I often cook meals with the aim of saving some for lunch the next day only for DH to saunter over to have seconds .... and then thirds .....:rotfl:

We eat too much it seems but it must be said none of us are overweight. It's just that a meal isn't a meal for DH/DS unless it has a large quantity of meat.
  • tattycath
    tattycath Posts: 7,175 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Impressive! A chicken in our house would do 1 meal (for five) and maybe a few scraps for one person's lunch the next day.

I often cook meals with the aim of saving some for lunch the next day only for DH to saunter over to have seconds .... and then thirds .....:rotfl:

We eat too much it seems but it must be said none of us are overweight. It's just that a meal isn't a meal for DH/DS unless it has a large quantity of meat.

Mr tc used to do go and help himself to more, so to combat that I serve the meal and the leftovers go straight into plastic containers with lids and are put out of sight to cool. He doesn't bother looking for any more to eat now-I think they just do it out f habit as opposed to them being hungry. :)
    GE 36 *MFD may 2043
    MFIT-T5 #60 £136,850.30
    Mortgage overpayments 2019 - £285.96
    2020 Jan-£40-feb-£18.28.march-£25
    Christmas savings card 2020 £20/£100
    Emergency savings £100/£500
    12/3/17 175lb - 06/11/2019 152lb
  • HappyNow
    HappyNow Posts: 1,558 Forumite
    First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped! Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Wow Brizzle, well done. I am so proud of you :):T xx
    LBM Dec 2011. Aimed, but failed, to clear all unsecured debt by Feb 2019. Finally free of unsecured debt 21st May 21!

Debt Dec 11: Unsecured £69,579 + Mortgage £59,948 = £129,527
    Debt May 21: Unsecured ZERO! ZILCH! Mortgage £22,332
  • brizzledfw
    brizzledfw Posts: 7,302 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Hi everyone :wave:

It was a 2.1kg chicken folks, but our trick is to serve lots of potatoes, (or carbs), and veggies to bulk it out and no-one feels like they are missing out. Same with the chicken pie and risotto.

Thanks Happy! Great to 'see' you..sorry I haven't popped into your diary for a while..how are you?

Quiet day today. Am working but just about to check account and do some TTs. Dinner is already defrosting in the fridge for this evening.

May be a LSD today..need a bus fare plus OH ordered a spare part today for a lamp. Good news is that via the JL website/ Customer Service peeps (they are very good!) we were pointed to the manufacturer and they are sending us a replacement. Much cheaper and more environmentally friendly than an entirely new one :)

Counting the days to the end of March but still haven't reworked the budgets. Next week's job, I guess
    MFiT-T4 Member No. 96 - 2022 is my MF goal :D
    Winter 17/18 Savings Rate Goal: 25% [October 30%] :T
    Declutter 60 items before 31.03.18 9/60 ** LSDs Target 10 for March 03/10 **AFDs 10/15 ** Sales/TCB Target 2018 £25/£500 NSDs Target 10 for March 02/10 Trying to be a Frugalista:rotfl::T
  • jwil
    jwil Posts: 19,120 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    T'would be lovely to have a big meet one day. It's such a shame especially as you, p&F and I are all practically neighbours :D
    "If you can dream it, you can do it". Walt Disney
  • peaceandfreedom
    Options
    jwil wrote: »
    T'would be lovely to have a big meet one day. It's such a shame especially as you, p&F and I are all practically neighbours :D

Indeed, I believe we are all Somerset/West Country people. :)

It'd be funny if it turned out we knew each other in real life. Unlikely but not impossible. :D
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,296 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Great news for you :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • brizzledfw
    brizzledfw Posts: 7,302 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Thanks beanie!

Hadn't realised that P&F! Knew about jwil but not your good self. I suspect we will have people in common..round here it's like that isn't it??! ;) yes, let's have a party when we are all DF:D

A quiet day. Spent some cash. Bottle of nice wine for my ILs to say thanks for babysitting and a lemon tart for them to have for dessert. Also heeled 2 pairs of new shoes as a precautionary measure (£20..eek) and got a dress mended (£19)... It certainly all adds up but has to be done. Throwing away a dress for the sake of a new zip would be plain wrong and the shoes will last much longer this way :)

Looking forward to a NSD tomorrow..here's hoping. The dishwasher is keeping on going..just..so maybe someone is on our side:)

Updated my sig as a little boost to myself too ;)

Hope everyone is OK.

Brizzle
    MFiT-T4 Member No. 96 - 2022 is my MF goal :D
    Winter 17/18 Savings Rate Goal: 25% [October 30%] :T
    Declutter 60 items before 31.03.18 9/60 ** LSDs Target 10 for March 03/10 **AFDs 10/15 ** Sales/TCB Target 2018 £25/£500 NSDs Target 10 for March 02/10 Trying to be a Frugalista:rotfl::T
  • AlexLK
    AlexLK Posts: 6,125 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Well done for the work bonus. :)

I have to admit I do not get this idea of reusing and reusing food items that seems popular on here. Mrs. K. and I take it in turns to cook and whilst we have invested in (and use) a slow cooker for purely lazy reasons, I cannot face buying cheap cuts of meat (not even to throw in the slow cooker :o).
    2018 totals:
    Savings £11,200
    Mortgage Overpayments £5,500
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family