Countdown to Freedom

Options

Comments

• apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,711 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    I didn't want to post and steal your 10000th post thunder!!
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I've been researching photovoltaic panels and how to use them without sending anything back to the grid. What a mine field this is.
    It sounds like you're having a wonderful time Tilly (though I'm sorry to hear of the prospect of weeping on the floor, even if it is clean :kisses3:) but getting your own PV panels and keeping the elec for your own needs is very interesting to me too - I'll watch along with interest.
    Tilly, your thread has reached 10k posts! Awesome!
    :j:j:j
    Save
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • brizzledfw
    Options
    Hope alls OK Tilly and you are enjoying September xx
    MFiT-T4 Member No. 96 - 2022 is my MF goal :D
    Winter 17/18 Savings Rate Goal: 25% [October 30%] :T
    Declutter 60 items before 31.03.18 9/60 ** LSDs Target 10 for March 03/10 **AFDs 10/15 ** Sales/TCB Target 2018 £25/£500 NSDs Target 10 for March 02/10 Trying to be a Frugalista:rotfl::T
  • Tilly_MFW_in_6_YRS
    Options
    Hi Brizzle, having a brilliant month. Tons of plans in the making.

I'm not sure where the month has gone.

Food shopping this week £15 :j:j

For people wanting to grow veg - broad beans and garlic can be planted in October. Definitely sow some salad leaves and basil seeds popped into pots in the house will germinate and grow on a sunny window ledge.

Just about to roast 1/2 a chicken, with a platter of roast veggies. I'm poaching the other half and using tomorrow night in a pasta bake. Project use up in the pasta/rice cupboard is under way. Noodles on Tuesday - probably in an Asian soup. Lasagne for Wednesday. Sushi rice (making veggie sushi rolls) for Thursday with salad from the garden. By Friday all the 'bits and pieces' will be finished and HM pizza is on the menu for dinner. I'm going on a bread making course :j

DD and DS are both happy, settled and Mr T and I are having fun being a couple again. Loving it :T:T

Off on holiday in a while and booked to go to Portugal for Christmas.

Hope everyone is enjoying their journey- keep the Tilly Tidies going xxxx
    2004 £387k 29 years - MF March 2033:eek:
    2011 £309k 10 years - MF March 2021.
    Achieved Goal: 28/08/15 :j
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Life sounds lovely :) Glad DD & DS both settled :)

xx
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • Tilly_MFW_in_6_YRS
    Options
    Hi GreenT, how are you doing? Will pop over to visit your diary and catch up.

We've had a bit of sad news - a house we wanted to buy has been snaffled up by someone else :(. However, on a happier note we have tracked down the original architect for our house abroad and are meeting him in October. As he managed the build he will know tons about the house already. YAY will make life much easier and he's well known by the local council (in a good way) which will be helpful too.

Bit of a rocky day yesterday due to the house news but our DS is getting on well and loving his new life. Great to hear him talking about it. DD failed her driving test though (2nd) time. Proud that she is cracking on and taking more lessons and booking another test.

Project use up is going well, lasagne saved for tonight - huge salad last night. I'm off to see my mum today and we are going to a nearby garden centre. She is doing brilliantly and I hope I'm still as active at her age.

I've been thinking of dieting for months but I've finally knuckled down. 6lbs off for me and 9lbs for Mr T - only another *** to go :rotfl:

Sun is shining, dogs are having a cuddle - on the bed :eek: It's bed changing day so I don't mind.

Best wishes Tilly xxx
  • Watty1
    Watty1 Posts: 4,930 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Your last post was like a sunny day. All sounds so good - although sorry the house got snaffled another better one will turn up :)
    Made it to mortgage free but what a muddle that became

In the event the proverbial hits the fan then co-habitees are better stashing their cash than being mortgage free !!
  • gallygirl
    gallygirl Posts: 17,228 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options

We've had a bit of sad news - a house we wanted to buy has been snaffled up by someone else :(.
    Aw rats :(.

Good news on architect though :T.
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort
    :) Mortgage Balance = £0 :)
    "Do what others won't early in life so you can do what others can't later in life"
  • brizzledfw
    brizzledfw Posts: 7,302 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Me too.. So sorry to hear re the house but glad you're picking yourselves up about it. Sounds fab re the kids, and that you're not suffering in the least from empty nest syndrome!

£15 on food shopping is awesome...well done too.

I am indeed keeping up the TTs Captain Tilly....:)

Over and out

Brizz xx
    MFiT-T4 Member No. 96 - 2022 is my MF goal :D
    Winter 17/18 Savings Rate Goal: 25% [October 30%] :T
    Declutter 60 items before 31.03.18 9/60 ** LSDs Target 10 for March 03/10 **AFDs 10/15 ** Sales/TCB Target 2018 £25/£500 NSDs Target 10 for March 02/10 Trying to be a Frugalista:rotfl::T
  • Tilly_MFW_in_6_YRS
    Options
    Morning, project use up is going well. I'm almost at the point of opening my 'carb' cupboard and smiling. In case anyone thinks I'm mad - I fully appreciate that it means we will open more pasta, rice etc but I won't be looking at odds and sods which have been left behind :rotfl:

I have kept this morning aside for financials :eek: I've Tilly Tidied 66p to a new savings pot - architect fees. Truly not sure whether an architect is required for a Reno but because we want to move walls - significantly on one side of the house - we both think he can probably conjure up more storage capacity and make it flow better than if I was drawing on a napkin :rotfl:

I'm not sure we have a lodger, we never see him. He arrives around midnight, leaves early, stays 3 nights and we get paid £100 per week. What a joy.

Mr T and I are spending time next week mind mapping what we've got going on. Our heads seem full of noise and we did a high level one a few weeks ago, it's time to take it down to another level of detail. On a happy note, I know what type of hob and extractor I want in the Reno - nothing like being distracted by fripperies :)

Best wishes Tilly xx
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills