I've mucked up. Really badly.

Options
12345679»

Comments

• ohbumstoitall
    Options
    Two things listed on ebay. Both of them have hurt deeply, I'm so attached to "things".

Ralph Lauren Handbag (I really want to press cancel this auction) and an Osprey handbag. I'm back from my working away trip so once my OH has gone to work tonight I'm going to crack open the cupboard of doom (where I put things I buy and forget about them)
  • gemini12
    gemini12 Posts: 391 Forumite
    Options
    Good luck with your cupboard of doom. Keep strong with the handbags and let them go. In the great scheme of things it is just stuff.
  • ashe
    ashe Posts: 1,554 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Look at listing things on Shpock, Gumtree, Preloved etc as well, its a pain but they have no fees so can save you a lot on large volume of sales when Ebay arent doing offers.
  • ohbumstoitall
    Options
    I’ve looked at depop for makeup but think I might have more success with eBay. Was up til 4am last night and that was Just doing toiletries!! Still haven’t finished the makeup
  • Kennylou
    Options
    Hi! I've just read through your post and was worried that recruitment agents are telling your OH will never be able to get a job in HR without doing a master's...I have worked in recruitment for 7 years and have helped people with all sorts or weird and wonderful backgrounds get into careers they want to. Has your OH thought about getting a job in a recruitment agency? This is where I started and have worked my way up into an internal recruitment team which sits within HR. Once you get to that point it is quite easy to transition away from the recruitment into a more generalist HR position if you want, although recruitment is really fulfilling in itself :) in agency you also have the opportunity to earn extra comission which would definitely help get things paid off quickly. Let me know if you want any advice or extra info about it and I would be more than happy to help!
  • Sncjw
    Sncjw Posts: 3,509 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    You said your studying earlier on. What do you mean but this.

Also you said your good at doing a budget but given your scale of debt I don!!!8217;t think you are. Sorry

In regards to food budget could you go down a brand level like if you for branded go for home brand stuffs

Maybe meal plan for a while and use what you have in the house to minimise spending.
    Mortgage free wannabe 

Actual mortgage stating amount £75,150

Overpayment start date 1/3/23.

Starting balance £66,565.45

Current balance £63,787.16

• ohbumstoitall
    ohbumstoitall Posts: 85 Forumite
    edited 18 February 2018 at 6:16PM
    Options
    Sncjw wrote: »
    You said your studying earlier on. What do you mean but this.

Also you said your good at doing a budget but given your scale of debt I don!!!8217;t think you are. Sorry

In regards to food budget could you go down a brand level like if you for branded go for home brand stuffs

Maybe meal plan for a while and use what you have in the house to minimise spending.

No I can budget, we as a family don!!!8217;t overspend. It!!!8217;s ME who overspends even though I have a budget for say toiletries. Instead of waiting 4 months to buy something I buy it straight away. I do see your point and know What your sAying but the debt hasn!!!8217;t accrued from not being able to afford everyday expenses it!!!8217;s purely self indulgence.

Initially it was due to a bad breakup in 2009 and just spiralled

I!!!8217;m already down on brands, I!!!8217;m not a brand snob I get what!!!8217;s cheapest. We!!!8217;ve meal planned for this week from the freezer and have bought a shop to last Until the end of the month from Asda which Was £60.
  • ohbumstoitall
    Options
    Kennylou wrote: »
    Hi! I've just read through your post and was worried that recruitment agents are telling your OH will never be able to get a job in HR without doing a master's...I have worked in recruitment for 7 years and have helped people with all sorts or weird and wonderful backgrounds get into careers they want to. Has your OH thought about getting a job in a recruitment agency? This is where I started and have worked my way up into an internal recruitment team which sits within HR. Once you get to that point it is quite easy to transition away from the recruitment into a more generalist HR position if you want, although recruitment is really fulfilling in itself :) in agency you also have the opportunity to earn extra comission which would definitely help get things paid off quickly. Let me know if you want any advice or extra info about it and I would be more than happy to help!
    We hadn’t thought about that, I work in a recruitment company but in a operational role. Oh doesn’t have much confidence So not sure a salesy role would suit BUT he’s never going to know until he tries
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure