Be a Stunner for Summer - Slimming World support thread 2017

Options

Comments

• Mad_with_money
    Options
    Hi all
    sts for me this week. I did go over syns so got off lucky. Really want to break past the current lb barrier as have not got lower for a looooong time. Today's plan

B - Special K heaped with fresh raspberries, strawberries and banana
    L - jacket potato with garlic mushrooms and tomatoes
    D - Beef stew lots of speed in and alongside.

Syns - small cake 5 (Mums birthday) and an options 2

Have a great day! X
  • HorseyKaz
    HorseyKaz Posts: 45 Forumite
    Options
    Some great losses coming in - very inspiring :T

Fairly good yesterday - mostly as planned but had a sweet biscuit with morning coffee and one of the pm crackers turned into a choc roll :o - still ~13syns total so happy with that.

Denise - re the crackers - am having them plain for just the reason you gave - I find it way too easy to munch my way through half a packet of 'nice' cookies, so am going for plain, dry crackers in an attempt not to over-indulge - hoping can have a couple with a cuppa when get in from work and they won't do too much damage :D

Plan for today - toast (HEB + 5 for butter/jam - should have checked butter syns first - will be having just jam in future!); spaghetti with tom salad, apple; x2 crackers (4); BNS and goat cheese risotto (6); Milk (HEA) in drinks.
  • wizkid1
    wizkid1 Posts: 1,833 Forumite
    Options
    Maman, I was lazy with the curry, I didn't make it .it was a pk of curry mix :D
    Swartz I think. Thanks for the recipe I will try it sometime .:)
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,589 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    :T on your half kathrynha. It's in the right direction and proves you can lose despite the restrictions.
    Today's plan

B - Special K heaped with fresh raspberries, strawberries and banana
    L - jacket potato with garlic mushrooms and tomatoes
    D - Beef stew lots of speed in and alongside.

Syns - small cake 5 (Mums birthday) and an options 2

Have a great day! X

Not sure what sort of Special K this is. I don't think they're all HEBs.
    wizkid1 wrote: »
    Maman, I was lazy with the curry, I didn't make it .it was a pk of curry mix :D
    Swartz I think. Thanks for the recipe I will try it sometime .:)

Nothing wrong with lazy wiz. I've got 4 packs of Aldi Lamb Rogan Josh in my freezer.:D Schwartz slow cooker curry mix is 3.5 and the one for chips is 5.5. You could still use these (syns not too bad if shared with MrWiz) and add veg. It's not only healthy but it's mse too as you don't need masses of meat.

I'm feeling relatively slim at the moment but I need to time my next WI carefully. I'm going to hang on in there until as close to my holiday as possible but I can't risk being out of range and then going away. I need to check my diary.

Very pleased with the BoB milk we've been having lately. It's 50 ml more for a HEA and tastes every bit as good as semi-skimmed although it's 1%. What's frustrating is that we have 2 little local Co-ops (one each end of my road). One sells it and the other doesn't. Crazy! It is 30p less than Sainsbury's though which is unusual as Co-ops are usually stupid prices.

Today's EE plan:
    B: NAS grapefruit, baked beans, HEB toast, HEA milk for drinks
    L: veggie (mushroom, spring onion, tomato) omelette with beetroot and cornichons
    D: SW spaghetti Bolognese
    Syns: may need some for Parmesan (depending how many cuppas I have) and possibly half a Crunchie at the football tonight.
  • curl_girl
    curl_girl Posts: 4,622 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Is there a rough guide on this site for syns or do I need to buy the books?

I'm more used to counting calories and syns are double dutch at the moment.

Tia.
    curl girl with a space - even though there is no space in my cupboard!!!
  • maman
    Options
    curl_girl wrote: »
    Is there a rough guide on this site for syns or do I need to buy the books?

I'm more used to counting calories and syns are double dutch at the moment.

Tia.

There is a very rough rule of thumb that 1 syn is 25 calories (I think from memory).

Most people who don't go to a group find out syns by googling or asking on here. Those of us who go to groups have access to the SW website where we can find out syns.

If you went to a group just once (£10) you'd get the books (and the introductory talk about the plans). The books have the basics of syns for well known foods but not all the various brands.

HTH
  • curl_girl
    curl_girl Posts: 4,622 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    maman wrote: »
    There is a very rough rule of thumb that 1 syn is 25 calories (I think from memory).

Most people who don't go to a group find out syns by googling or asking on here. Those of us who go to groups have access to the SW website where we can find out syns.

If you went to a group just once (£10) you'd get the books (and the introductory talk about the plans). The books have the basics of syns for well known foods but not all the various brands.

HTH

Thanks for replying.
    That makes more sense now.
    I will learn as i go along. :)
    curl girl with a space - even though there is no space in my cupboard!!!
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,560 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Back home now so rest of day is going to be SW friendly. Breakfast was not - it has cost me all my syns as my sister didn't have any WM bread!

B - 2 large slices toast (white bread) with butter (15 syns:eek:)
    L - boiled eggs; 2 WM bread
    D - sausages (1); mash; veg. May also make some onion gravy if I want some otherwise DH can have gravy granules:rotfl:

HEA - milk
    HEB - bread
    Syns - toast & butter 15; sausages 1

So over syns again today but never mind. Will see what I weigh on my scales in the morning and then decide whether or not to weigh! The joy of being at target (even if it is only just!).

Denise
  • Top_Girl
    Top_Girl Posts: 1,211 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    It's 20 calories per syn, if there is no free food allowance.

I always round up to the nearest half syn to protect my losses.
  • maman
    Options
    Top_Girl wrote: »
    It's 20 calories per syn, if there is no free food allowance.

I always round up to the nearest half syn to protect my losses.

Thanks for that topgirl. I obviously didn't remember correctly. It's not something I use myself as I have access to synsonline and would willingly look up values for those going it alone.

Hope you really enjoyed your Indian meal denise. That's infuriating about the white bread.:mad: I don't even like the taste of it. What a waste!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure