£21,000 to pay off -but we will do it this time.

Options

Comments

• Northern_Lassy
    Options
    Afternoon, I wish the weather would make up it's mind, we havn't had the storms that were promised, it's just warm and overcast, keep getting little bursts of rain, I want a really good downpour to clear it and then I can get some washing dry, I've had the same load coming in and out all day :mad:.

Went shopping to ald1 this morning and spent £60.73, which takes me just about to my max on my grocery budget, also spent£4.50 in pets at h0me on GP food (this comes out of separate budget) and £3 on loom bands for the kids.

Another item sold on ebay whilst out, so £4.62 gone to over payment pot, almost hit my target there as well:j, any more money made will be put towards extra groceries as I still have another 10 days until payday and although there is quite a lot in I know I will need some fresh bits next week.

This afternoon a very kind mse person dropped off some items for my DD:j, a huge massive thankyou to you (you know who you are) you are so kind.

You have a lovely family, you must be very proud xxxx
    'Forget injuries, never forget kindnesses' - Confucious

• pennywisepoundstupid
    Options
    Hi NL that's very sweet thankyou, yes I am very proud of them (m0st of the time :rotfl:).
    Mortgage Jan 2023 9yrs 11mths £61,389 Mortgage overpayment £1867/£3600 Mortgage Jan 2022 11yrs 6mths £69.996 Mortgage overpayment £3132/£3600
  • pennywisepoundstupid
    Options
    Well today has been a funny day, DC have gone off with grandparents and OH is also out, so I thought I would get on with housework but it's not happened :o. Spent the day watching various bits that I had recorded and not got around to watching, they have now been deleted so at least I can say I've sort of decluttered:D.

Small sale on ebay of £1.99, but I got an email from 'Here for a pound' that they had scented loom bands, so I bought DD a pack and DS some camo ones, didn't have to pay postage as I had a free delivery code as I had signed up for emails.
    Link if anyone is interested:
    http://www.hereforapound.com/300-loom-bands-scented

Tea tonight is garlic chicken sauteed pots and salad, have made some cupcakes so they will be good for pud.

Managed to get all the ironing done last night but now have another huge pile to tackle as I have managed to dry 3 loads today.

Have just 3 days to go at work and then freedom for 6 weeks, very excited :j.

Hope everyones ok.x.
    Mortgage Jan 2023 9yrs 11mths £61,389 Mortgage overpayment £1867/£3600 Mortgage Jan 2022 11yrs 6mths £69.996 Mortgage overpayment £3132/£3600
  • Polly_Wolly_Doodle
    Options
    Well done on the uniform fund:beer:, is DD quite emotional about leaving school?
    Enjoy the countdown to the holidays xx
    Weight: need to lose 71lbs - lost to date 0lbs
    One Poll: £3.20
    My Survey: £0.00
    Ebay: £0.00
  • pennywisepoundstupid
    Options
    Hi PWD, DD is quite up and down. She is both excited and apprehensive but is going to the same school as 4 of her friends and they are getting on the same bus together so at least they will have each other for support.
  • DebtFree2012
    DebtFree2012 Posts: 3,573 Forumite
    Options
    Ho pwps - well done on getting all your ironing done - I too know what it's like to get it done then have more to do - so annoying!

Sounds like you're doing well, keep going.

My kids break up on Wed - let the mayhem begin - I'm only off for 2 weeks of it tho lol
    xx
    Debt - CCV £3792
    CCB £1383 (took a hit for a holiday)

Loan 1 £1787
    Loan 2 £1683
    Total £8601 Was £39302
  • brizzledfw
    brizzledfw Posts: 7,302 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    hope you have a good week PWPS
    MFiT-T4 Member No. 96 - 2022 is my MF goal :D
    Winter 17/18 Savings Rate Goal: 25% [October 30%] :T
    Declutter 60 items before 31.03.18 9/60 ** LSDs Target 10 for March 03/10 **AFDs 10/15 ** Sales/TCB Target 2018 £25/£500 NSDs Target 10 for March 02/10 Trying to be a Frugalista:rotfl::T
  • pennywisepoundstupid
    Options
    Good morning and it's finally the school holidays :j:j:j.

It's been a crazy few days but now we have 6 glorious weeks off before the madness begins again and I'm going to enjoy the break, especially if this wonderful weather continues :D.

So DD had her leavers ceremony yesterday and there were tears all round, I was extremely proud of her, I was also taken aback by how much she is loved and cared about from the younger members of the school. She is still in bed and is having a long lie in, I think she is exhausted from the excitement and emotion of the last few days.
    DS is full of beans and was up bright and early this morning watching cartoons and chilling as he calls it, I don't think it will hit him until September that his sister will no longer be at school with him.

HOw lovely it was for me this morning to get up, throw on shorts and a T and just potter, animals have all been fed and watered and I'm just going to spend the day doing little jobs around the house/ garden, I've decided kids are not having friends around until the end of next week and we won't be meeting up with people until then either, I want the first week to be just me and the kids spending time together, playing games, going for walks and just having fun. They are both growing up so quickly and I want to be totally selfish and have them all to myself for a few days, by week 6 this might have totally changed and I will be willing to give them to anyone that will take them :rotfl:.

I've a Asda order coming today, which will be around £80:eek:, ok so the grocery budget has been blown out of the water, I will try harder next month I promise.

ON the money topic i have received £4 from cr0wd0logy and redeemed £3 from my surv3y.

Off to hang out some washing and check for surveys.

Take care.x.
  • sweetpea26
    sweetpea26 Posts: 831 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Rampant Recycler
    Options
    Enjoy the break Penny...relax, that's what the summer holidays are for. :)
  • pennywisepoundstupid
    Options
    Thanks sweetpea.

Bit of a mad morning so far, had to get DH ready and out of the house and dropped up at pick up point at 9am (can't remember if I said he was off on a boys outdoor adventure weekend) it was more stressful than the school run, making sure he had everything and packing lots of food so that he is not tempted by expensive motorway services or pubs.

Had to nip to Sainsbugs as I had forgetten to put toilet roll, toothpaste and washing up liq on the shopping delivery, what on earth do kids dowith toilet roll.

Planning a few frugal days at home whilst DH away, lunch today is falafel burgers that I've just made and kids can have pizza for tea, going to go and take DD for a ride this evening it's just too hot to go during the day. We also need to take dogs for a walk but that again will wait until later after tea, they are currently flaked out on the hall floor as it's stone and nice and cool.

Checked banking and there isn't much left, payday next week but we have no bills to pay and shouldn't need fuel and cupboards/freezer is full, I have hit 2 targets so no more TT until next month and I'm not even going to comment on grocery budget but do think I need to increase it next month especially with kids being at home, I also need to think of some targets for next month.

Hope everyone is enjoying the sunshine, take care.x.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure