What small DFW things will you do this week - W/C 20 Nov?

Options
When we start out on the DFW trail we do loads of "big stuff" that makes quite a difference to our situation. These include having our lightbulb moment, cutting up the credit cards and cancelling Sky and the gym.

But once we have done the bigger stuff, we often feel that we are not making the same amount of progress, when in fact the small steps are helping us form good financial habits and helping us get closer everyday to staying in control and becoming debt free, or staying debt free.

Examples could be hanging washing out instead of using the tumble dryer or leaving your purse/wallet at home to avoid the risk of spending.

So be proud of those small steps, they really are important :money:
Make £25 a day in April £0/£750 (March £584, February £602, January £883.66)

December £361.54, November £322.28, October £288.52, September £374.30, August £223.95, July £71.45, June £251.22, May£119.33, April £236.24, March £106.74, Feb £40.99, Jan £98.54) Total for 2017 - £2,495.10

Comments

• FatVonD
    FatVonD Posts: 5,315 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Morning all, hope I haven't cross posted with anyone and that everyone is quiet because they're off having fun somewhere!

I have a week off this week, I can't believe I have accrued holiday already but I have so I should put it to good use. I did make some tentative enquiries about doing a weeks freelance somewhere but nothing came of it and I'm quite glad :D After being freelance for such a long time I feel really guilty not working or at least trying to work.

I have a package to drop this morning and I need to get back to Amazon (again) about my lost stock, enough time should have elapsed now for me to be reimbursed plus it's having all sorts of knock on effects.

My mum has given me 50+ pairs of shoes to sell on eBay so I should start listing those, I might just sort them into brands today to streamline the process a bit!

I plan on hitting two big towns this week for Job Spotter, I have just over £8 at the moment but want to do a final big push this week to get some more Christmas presents sorted.

I need to do a bit of a shop as we're nearly out of cat food and I begrudge having to buy it at the inflated prices in the local shop. I notice Mr T have removed lots of their value range pre Christmas again and I forgot to stock up on stuffing mix this year, I will have to check out Sainsbugs.

Can't think of anything else, have a good day all :)

December £361.54, November £322.28, October £288.52, September £374.30, August £223.95, July £71.45, June £251.22, May£119.33, April £236.24, March £106.74, Feb £40.99, Jan £98.54) Total for 2017 - £2,495.10
  • PurpleFairy26
    Options
    Hi FVD thanks for starting us off. Hope everyone else is off doing fun things :D

My list for today:

WFH, do lots so I can hopefully have a day off later in the week
    LO HM Cornish pasty for lunch
    Make some more pastry for a quiche
    Sausage plait for tea, will throw in an apple or two that are on the turn
    Load of washing on overnight tonight to keep on top of it
    Extra jumper rather than heating during the day when I'm here on my own
    Check banking, surveys and FPL
    Write a list of what I need for DD party that is in a couple of weeks, just a few things, will go to £shop later in the week
    try and do some knitting tonight

Think that's all for now, back later. Purps.
  • Happy_Kitties
    Options
    Thank you FVD for starting us off.
    Taking it easy and just doing small bits everyday.......but I have to admit those small bits do add up:T.
    Usual cat cleaning done.
    Popped to m@rrisons first thing for cat litter and stuck within my budget.....still buying the odd item for DD for uni but factor this in.
    Have been efficient and ordered some presents for next year:A Worked out I had saved over £30 alone on the toys when I was doing price comparisons. I had money off with them being an early black Friday deals plus an extra discount code aswell so got more for my money. I'm cutting back next year so well chuffed with what I bought. The only thing is they have just arrived, they are big and I'm going to have to tackle putting them into storage in a minute:eek:.
    Need to clean up DD cat who has the separation anxiety and still refusing to leave DD room despite medication:(.
    Putting off doing an email........must do this today but keep dodging it:o
    Need to save, save, save now and stick to my budgets ready for Prague next month.
    Have a good day everyone x
    Decluttering challenge 2023🏅⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ 
    Decluttering challenge 2024 🏅⭐️
  • foxgloves
    foxgloves Posts: 11,117 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Morning all, I got a bit tied up with local political stuff this morning but have done some useful frugal things:
    *Laundry done overnight on cheap tariff, followed by a quick 30 mins at 30 deg load. All on heated airer as too rainy to peg out.
    *Our lunch today was the packed lunch we forgot to take with us yesterday.
    *Rubber chicken. It did roast dinner last night. I have enough left to make a big pan of stew for tonight & fajhitas tomorrow night, plus a sandwich. Carcass in slow cooker for chicken stock.
    *Make tomorrow's packed lunch.
    *Free fitness walking the long way round to the postbox.
    *2 baths from 1 lot of hot water.
    *Re-filled vintage glass decanter with cheapo bath bubbles.
    *No heating on in the day when I"m here alone. If I'm sitting & feeling chilly, I pop a hot water bottle behind my back & soon feel toasty.
    *Continue knitting up yarn stash into items for charity market. This is now v time pressured so must prioritise it for the rest of today.
    *Cat has decided to stop being mr naughty & has eaten all last night"s dinner & today's breakfast.
    Hope everyone has a good start to the week. I think I need more caffiene so will go & put the kettle on now.
    F x
    "For each of our actions there are only consequences" (James Lovelock)"For in the true nature of things......every green tree is far more glorious than if it were made of gold & silver" (Martin Luther King Jnr)
  • FatVonD
    Options
    Felix AGAIL is on offer at Mr T, £10 for the 40 sachet box

• carrielovesfanta
    carrielovesfanta Posts: 2,978 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 20 November 2017 at 7:01PM
    Options
    Hey folks,

I'll catch up with the posts in a min. Been away with my mum all weekend. Tiring but she had a good time so I'm taking it as a win.
    Unfortunately I now have a stinking cold and a sore tummy from eating too much sh!t3 :o

Today's mission:
    • Work half day after seeing mum off
    • Early night as am shattered. I even have permission from OH to take an early night!
    • Heating off as OH accidentally left it on yesterday
    • Read
    • Meals from plan (thank goodness for healthy stuff)
    • Quick check of online banking to check nothing untoward. Feeling quite pleased that didn't spend too much while away.
    • No alcohol
    • Log cals in free app
    • Plan tomorrow's food
    • Look for mum's Christmas present
    Not much doing today

Have a good evening folks

clf x
    LBM 11/06/2010: DFD 30/04/2013
    Total repaid: £10,490.31
    Student loan repaid: 01/07/2019
    SAVINGS: £20,000
    Car final lump sum: £6113/£6113
  • DawnW
    DawnW Posts: 7,440 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    edited 20 November 2017 at 8:29PM
    Options
    Evening all :)
    Thanks for starting us off for the week FVD :)
    Busy day, but nothing very much to show for it:
    Looked after GD this morning while her mum went for a scan. New grandchild is due in 2 weeks :eek: GD is poorly again, so was hard work
    OH is still the same, so more hard work running around after him
    Walked dog x 2
    Managed to get a bit done in the garden this morning before GD arrived, forked bit of border over, and sowed broad beans, also started to cut down the autumn raspberries :)
    Post office with 6 ebay parcels, 1 more item has just sold
    Managed to list a few more things while GD was here. Will need to check the listings!
    Bought a few bits in the pound shop while I was out - new paints etc for grandchildren, plus some heart pastry cutters and an age 4 badge for GD, whose birthday is this week.Was only the pound shop, so not a big spend :rotfl:
    All HM meals from stores
    Received a 40 pack of dishwasher tablets as part of a market research thing from Ipsos :T A much posher brand than I usually use, and free :D
    And the jiffy bag they came in will be handy for ebay packaging :D
    DD brought us some eggs from her chickens and ducks :D
    Made a batch of scones, froze some :)
    A few surveys
    Popped into sales unit while out for the post office - nothing seems to have sold from there :(

So, lots of nothing much done! Must aim to achieve more tomorrow!
  • carrielovesfanta
    carrielovesfanta Posts: 2,978 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 21 November 2017 at 2:47PM
    Options
    Morning folks

I'm stuffed full of cold today. I'll live though!

Yesterday's round up
    • Work half day after seeing mum off - done
    • Early night as am shattered. I even have permission from OH to take an early night! - done
    • Heating off as OH accidentally left it on yesterday - done
    • Read - done
    • Meals from plan (thank goodness for healthy stuff) - done
    • Quick check of online banking to check nothing untoward. Feeling quite pleased that didn't spend too much while away. - done
    • No alcohol - done
    • Log cals in free app - done
    • Plan tomorrow's food - done
    • Look for mum's Christmas present - still looking
    Today:
    • Meals from plan
    • Charge phone in work - done
    • Gym if up to it but feeling a bit eurgh - went for a walk
    • Log cals in free app - done
    • Reconcile budget sheet
    • OH to do the housework
    • Crochet - paid work - will write a post about it
    • Poss have another look for the Christmas pressie
    • No alcohol
    • Early night
    Have a good one all

clf x
    LBM 11/06/2010: DFD 30/04/2013
    Total repaid: £10,490.31
    Student loan repaid: 01/07/2019
    SAVINGS: £20,000
    Car final lump sum: £6113/£6113
  • FatVonD
    Options
    Morning CLF and everyone else who follows :)

I fell asleep really early last night so I am awake and ready to Get. Stuff. Done today.

I'm going to drive to the big town to photograph for Job Spotter before I think of an excuse not to.

I still need to contact Amazon but that can wait until this afternoon.

• FatVonD
    Options
    I'm back from job spotting and have added another £16 to my balance with about another dozen submissions still awaiting approval. I had to pay for parking but I did a little Christmas shopping while I was there to make the most of it!

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure