Walk 2000 miles in 2017

Options

Comments

• MallyGirl
    MallyGirl Posts: 6,627 Senior Ambassador
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    wow - well done. Injury issues are still slowing me a bit but I am on plan for 1000, just not going to make the 1500 I originally hoped for.
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Pensions, Annuities & Retirement Planning, Loans
    & Credit Cards boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.
    All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Kantankrus_Mare
    Kantankrus_Mare Posts: 6,104 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    88.14 miles to add for two fitbit reports. I'm sure I am missing one but will have to make do with that as I can find it.

That moves me up to 869.49 miles.

Need 43.5 miles for each of the next 3 weeks to be on target.

Hmmm I'll start making an effort tomorrow.
    Make £10 a Day Feb .....£75.... March... £65......April...£90.....May £20.....June £35.......July £60
  • bugslet
    bugslet Posts: 6,874 Forumite
    Options
    Rain...when is it going to stop. I've normally done a couple of miles by now, think it could be measured in yards this morning.
  • SplanK
    SplanK Posts: 1,152 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    My alarm went off at half 5.... opened my ears, listened the rain bouncing off the conservatory roof and went back sleep until 7 haha

I think I am going to end up chewing into my lead this week at this rate. Looking at the forecast I may go Ikea this evening instead of a 2hr strole.... in fact if I did a few laps I could get a few miles in!!
  • bugslet
    Options
    SplanK wrote: »
    My alarm went off at half 5.... opened my ears, listened the rain bouncing off the conservatory roof and went back sleep until 7 haha

I think I am going to end up chewing into my lead this week at this rate. Looking at the forecast I may go Ikea this evening instead of a 2hr strole.... in fact if I did a few laps I could get a few miles in!!

Half 5, so late:p. I got up at 5.15 as susual, thought maybe it's better in Salford....it wan't.

Gemini? I'll see you for some meatballs later then, it'smy only chance as well!
  • Wizard_of_Id
    Wizard_of_Id Posts: 5,512 Forumite
    Options
    bugslet wrote: »
    Rain...when is it going to stop. I've normally done a couple of miles by now, think it could be measured in yards this morning.

I must be daft then, I have just continued to walk the dog pretty much as normal. Although I have taken him out fewer times, we have covered about the same amount of distance.
  • SplanK
    SplanK Posts: 1,152 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    bugslet wrote: »
    Gemini? I'll see you for some meatballs later then, it'smy only chance as well!

Yep, ended up there last night picking up a bed for my 4 year old! Sods law the rain stopped though and I missed out on a good evening to build up this weeks miles.

Managed to avoid having meatballs, but did end up having a chippie!
  • bugslet
    Options
    I must be daft then, I have just continued to walk the dog pretty much as normal. Although I have taken him out fewer times, we have covered about the same amount of distance.

No wiz, you aren't. If it was the weekend I'd be out, but my dogs come to work and walk in the morning - thereby missing the rush hour - and walk at lunchtime. I'd end up wet, and so would they. Office is not geared up for wet walking, and Tbh, the dogs don't like it really.
  • bugslet
    Options
    SplanK wrote: »
    Yep, ended up there last night picking up a bed for my 4 year old! Sods law the rain stopped though and I missed out on a good evening to build up this weeks miles.

Managed to avoid having meatballs, but did end up having a chippie!

Chippie, now you tell me.

Never actually had meatballs from IKEA!
  • indesisiv
    indesisiv Posts: 6,359 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    62.8 miles run this week: Total of 15,440 ft of ascent too :)

Brings me up to 918.2 miles for the year.
    “Time is intended to be spent, not saved” - Alfred Wainwright
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport