Amazon fail to deliver item on THREE occasions and repeatedly LIE to me.

Options
Let me try and explain this situation here. Apologies in advance if this thread is in the wrong place.

I ordered a 20,000 mAh battery pack that can charge a mobile phone and in my case when I ordered mine earlier this year to charge my helmet camera when I am not riding it.

I ordered this pack for a friend on Thursday 22nd September 2016 and was surprised when I received an email from Amazon stating my package will be delivered on Tuesday 27th September. I waited and waited for them, at 14:44, I received another email from them saying they tried to deliver my package but was unable to access the security door. And I was waiting in all day for them and not once did I hear my door knock or my intercom ring. I called them and they assured me that it would be delivered on Wednesday 28th September.

I waited in all day again and still no delivery. I called them again and was assured I would get it today Thursday 29th September.

Once again, same thing, no delivery.

This is now out side of thier contracted delivery estimate of Tuesday 27th - Thursday 29th and thus in my view breaches the Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982 under section 13.

I have been on the phone to them tonight and only ended up more frustrated and annoyed. They are now saying that I have to wait until 1st October for my item because of some fabricated "delay". I find it odd that they managed to "fail to deliver" on the Tuesday as described above.

This is a shambles! What is my next step?

Comments

• wealdroam
    wealdroam Posts: 19,181 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 29 September 2016 at 10:57PM
    Options
    This is now out side of thier contracted delivery estimate of Tuesday 27th - Thursday 29th and thus in my view breaches the Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982 under section 13.

No it is not.
    You say it yourself - the delivery dates given were estimates.

That is before we even consider that those parts of The Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982 relating to consumer contracts were superseded by The Consumer Rights Act in October 2015.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    What is my next step?

Wait for the items to arrive and never order from the internet again.
  • bod1467
    bod1467 Posts: 15,214 Forumite
    Options
    Or you cancel your order for a full refund.
  • basill
    basill Posts: 1,391 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    They always try to deliver when I`m out. So if I`m in a hurry and/or the thing won`t fit my letter box I use Amazon locker or a collection point.
    B
  • neilmcl
    neilmcl Posts: 19,460 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    basill wrote: »
    They always try to deliver when I`m out. So if I`m in a hurry and/or the thing won`t fit my letter box I use Amazon locker or a collection point.
    B
    ^^This.

Cancel the order or use an alternate delivery option, such as an Amazon locker.
  • thetriggerhappypwner
    thetriggerhappypwner Posts: 457 Forumite
    edited 30 September 2016 at 10:37AM
    Options
    The problem I have is that they have given me so many false promises that I have lost count!

ON every occasion I have been promised a delivery on each of the last 3 days (Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday) and nothing has shown up. I waited in ALL DAY on aall of them and nothing turned up.

Even now, it still says "Expected 29th September" and it is now 30th of September. I will post a trail of emails from them so you can see how frustrating this is getting...

Recieved: Tuesday 27th September @ 11:50.
    We’re going to deliver your package today.

If nobody’s available to accept the delivery, we’ll leave it in your preferred safe place, if you’ve set unattended delivery preferences. Otherwise, if possible we’ll post the package through your letterbox or leave it with a neighbour.

You can review or take action on your order in Your Account.

If there are other items in your order, they'll be dispatched according to the delivery estimates listed in the order details.
    At 14:44, I received this email from Amazon:
    We tried, but failed to deliver your package today because we couldn’t gain security access to the address given, or the delivery was attempted outside of business hours.

To provide us with an access code or safe place to leave your package, please click on the yellow 'Track Your Package' button, below. Once you've signed in, click on 'Provide delivery instructions' where you'll be able to select an option to add an access code, to leave the package at a specific location nearby or to have it delivered to a neighbour. Once you provide this, we’ll try again on the next delivery day. Your tracking ID is ************.
    I waited in all day for this package and it was not even attempted on delivery. I phoned them and after a long talk, I received this email from them @ 23:21 on Tuesday night.
    Hello ******,

Thank you for contacting Amazon.co.uk.

This is Jonelle, a Supervisor from Amazon returning your call.

We’ll be happy to arrange another delivery for you.
    On Wednesday morning at 11:44 and after another call to Amazon, I got this email..
    Hi ******,

This is John from Amazon, As per our phone conversation

One of our supervisors have contacted the depot to ensure that the request is upheld for receiving your delivery today,

The estimated arrival date on your order is as it states an estimate and as the depot has been contacted you will be given the information received by the supervisor I contacted.

I have also included the delivery notes for the driver to call yourself on delivery attempt so as no further problems occur,

I hope this helps towards getting your delivery to yourself,
    I've submitted your request to Amazon Logistics and they’ll reschedule your delivery for Wednesday, 28 September 2016.

I'm sorry, we're not able to provide you with a specific delivery time.

Amazon Logistics deliver up until 21:00. If your delivery address is a business, they’ll deliver up until 17:00.

It may be helpful for you to know that you can select additional delivery preferences during checkout if you think you might not be at home at the time of your delivery. On the review your order page during checkout, you’ll see a ‘Tell us where to leave your package’ link under the heading ‘What if I am not in?’.

Please click on the following link for more information on this feature:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201131960

To track your delivery at any time, please visit your Orders, then click "track Package" next to the order, via the following link: {removed}

I hope this helps.
    I still did not get anything on Wednesday even after waiting in all day...

On Thursday I received this email @ 21:58
    [FONT=&quot]Hello ******,

I'm sorry to hear that your order #026-0534424-0005940 isn't with you yet.

I've checked and it appears that your parcel has been delayed by one to two days due to delays in carrier network.

Please be assured that our transport team are working hard to eliminate these issues and continually monitors instances like this.

If you haven't received your parcel by 1 October 2016, please contact us again by replying to this e-mail and we’ll assist you further. We ask you to wait until then because this order may reach you before a replacement order would. Creating a replacement order at this stage may result in you having to return one of the items.

If the order arrives later than required and you’d like a refund please refuse delivery, or visit our Returns Support Centre to create a personalised return label to send it back for a refund:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/returns

You'll receive a confirmation email once we've received your return and afterwards when your refund has been processed. Please allow your bank 5 to 7 days to process the refund.

We appreciate that this incident reflects badly on Amazon.co.uk and the feedback you've provided will be used in reviewing the service provided by Amazon Logistics.

I hope this helps. We look forward to seeing you again soon.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]

Sorry, but I don't believe this for one second. They had a "delivery attempt according to them" so it cant be far away can it... They are making out like it is coming from somewhere like Australia or somewhere in the USA. It is not far away I am sure of that.

This is getting very silly now. They have made me wait in all day for 3 DAYS and I have had enough. I can assure MSE users that after this farce, I am going to close my amazon account and not use them again, EVER! This is not the first time this has happened. It's not as though I am in the middle of nowhere and difficult to find is it? My address is in the middle of a major city and they cannot use this as an excuse. I just don't understand why they repeatedly lie to customers and then make out that the customer is at fault. Is this some sort of "get out clause" or am I missing something?

I am sure that someone on here has made similar complaints and had similar experiences with them at some point or another.

What gets me more enraged is the fact that they use ignorant, arrogant and adamant individuals who are based overseas who deliberately and maliciously annoy people and repeatedly lie to us. This is the WORST EVER customer service I have EVER EXPERIENCED and I am in two minds weather to take them to court over this farce! This is an utter disgrace, I have had better service from eBay and far far far better service from DPD and Royal Mail. "Amazon Logistics"? PFFT! More like "Amazon Take The Liberty Logistics"

[FONT=&quot]**EDIT** After talking to them again [FONT=&quot]they are now saying that it was "damaged" and "[FONT=&quot]undeliverable[/FONT]". Now this is[FONT=&quot] an interesting development isn't it[FONT=&quot]?[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT] They said I would get it for the last 3 days (now on day 4) and now the[FONT=&quot]y fabricate this nonsense... What are they up to? Remember, they still have my £22.99.[/FONT]
    [/FONT]
  • marliepanda
    Options
    Those emails make no difference. Your options are cancel for a full refund, or wait.

What do you want us to say? You're entitled to a free charger? You're entitled to a £100 gift card because of their WORST EVER customer service?

Get a refund, or wait. You could ask for a gift card due to the delay but you are in no way entitled to it. It would be goodwill from Amazon.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Remember, they still have my £22.99.
    As I said earlier, perhaps shopping on the internet is not for you.
  • fleshandbone
    Options
    Why do people buy online if they are never in? and then they moan whinge and cry when they have missed the delivery.

Get your item delivered to the place where you will be ie. your work place.

Problem solved.
  • thetriggerhappypwner
    thetriggerhappypwner Posts: 457 Forumite
    edited 30 September 2016 at 11:40AM
    Options
    I was in all day!!!!!!!

I actually missed several appointments because of this farce.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure