PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

REALLY Stubborn limescale!

Options

Comments

• Gingernutmeg
    Gingernutmeg Posts: 3,454 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Just an idea, but maybe you could soak some kitchen roll in some white vinegar and press it into the door runners? If you left it for a while it might soften some of the crusty bits so you could get something like a toothbrush in there and have a good scrub.
  • apinnyon
    apinnyon Posts: 32 Forumite
    Options
    I had the same problem when I moved into my house. I used a product called Kilrock. It comes in a small bottle with a yellow label and has a brush in the lid. It's a thickish gel that you paint on and is easy to work into nooks and crannies. I worked brilliantly and I've only had to use vinegar since. I think it was 2.99 in Wilkinson.
  • lostinrates
    lostinrates Posts: 55,283 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Well, I've been trying venegar all day....but its barely touching it (vinegar is my cleaning agent of choice but this limescale is REALLY bad!) so I'l try the Kilrock stuff! Thank you :)
  • Baileys_Babe
    Baileys_Babe Posts: 5,587 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Kilrock also do a liquid for kettles showerheads etc. Make sure you buy the kilrock gel.
    Fashion on a ration 2024 66/66 coupons remaining
    80 coupons rolled over 0/80 coupons spent - using for secondhand purchases

One
     income, home educating family 
  • Penelope_Penguin
    Options
    Hi there :beer: I second Kilrock - I bought mine from Lakeland.

I'll add this to the existing stubborn limescale thread to keep ideas together.

Penny. x
    :rudolf: Sheep, pigs, hens and bees on our Teesdale smallholding :rudolf:
  • kittykat500
    Options
    Lidl do a limescale remover for 99p which I found worked well on limescale in my toilet. It's always going to be a bit of a problem to do under the rim, but perhaps just soak toilet paper with solution and stuff up there for a while.
  • janb5
    janb5 Posts: 2,619 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Thanks to all of you who recommended Kilrock gel which I got in Lakeland but has anyone seen where I can buy the Kilrock spray( or is that not as good?)

Shower screen looks much cleaner!

Jan

xx
  • tweetyshells
    Options
    Ok got a fair bit of limescale on the draining board. What can i use to get rid of it?
  • tomterm8
    tomterm8 Posts: 5,892 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    put white vinegar on a cloth, wrap it around the bit that needs cleaning and leave it for an hour. The limescale will come away easily.
    “The ideas of debtor and creditor as to what constitutes a good time never coincide.”
    ― P.G. Wodehouse, Love Among the Chickens
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport