warm home discount scheme

Options

Comments

• Bootsalebargains
    Options
    I applied through EON's website last December and got an email saying they had recieved it. Emailed them yesterday asking if I was going to get the money and they replied asking who and where did I apply to, as they had already paid everyone who had applied. In other words they had lost my application thanks EON. :mad:
    I applied by letter that they sent me at the beginning of september and the form said all applications had to be in by 30th September and only the first 30,000 would get it.
    september wins - toshiba laptop, timotei shampoo & conditioner, mccains games, pimms picnic blanket.
    october wins - grants tumblers, £20 petrol voucher, sega console, iphone
    novembers wins - £50 on walkers rainy day, £50 itunes voucher
    march wins - dog treats
  • Cornish_piskie
    Options
    I applied through EON's website last December and got an email saying they had recieved it. Emailed them yesterday asking if I was going to get the money and they replied asking who and where did I apply to, as they had already paid everyone who had applied. In other words they had lost my application thanks EON. :mad:

I applied via the website in February of this year and have just had confirmation that the £120 will be credited to my account. Check back through your email inbox - after submitting your application you will have received a confirmation email thanking you for your interest and letting you know that your application will be processed. If you didn't receive this email then it may be that your application didn't submit correctly - if you did receive the email then it's your proof that you did make an application :) HTH
  • spikeripley
    spikeripley Posts: 102 Forumite
    Options
    I applied via the website in February of this year and have just had confirmation that the £120 will be credited to my account. Check back through your email inbox - after submitting your application you will have received a confirmation email thanking you for your interest and letting you know that your application will be processed. If you didn't receive this email then it may be that your application didn't submit correctly - if you did receive the email then it's your proof that you did make an application :) HTH

Luckily Ive still got the email so Im hoping they might pay out.
  • peskie_pixie
    peskie_pixie Posts: 427 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Entered my meter readings online this morning to Scottish Power and the £120 credit appeared against my electricity account. (nothing showing on my account previously only when the bill was generated)

Applied for WHD online but received no email confirmation from SP that it was accepted nor any other confirmation about a payment etc
    "A bargain is something you can't use at a price you can't resist." Franklin Jones
  • Nikkisun
    Nikkisun Posts: 1,330 Forumite
    Options
    Just logged onto my eon account and the payment was credited on 21st March - I haven't received anything saying it was being paid though.
    xxx Nikki xxx
  • societys_child
    societys_child Posts: 7,110 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Simon7685 wrote: »
    If you met the criteria then you automatically qualified for the Warm Home Discount Scheme.

I met the criteria - Pension Credit

You only need to change your tariff if you were on your suppliers social tariff (EDF was Energy Assist). So in your case, if you were already on a mainstream plan, then it is like receiving a 'bonus' rebate.

Yes

However the fact that you automatically qualified suggests that you would have been eligible for their social tariff. So you have probably been paying about 15% per year more than you needed to for the last 5 or so years.

No. Please stop making assumptions. I signed up to the EDF On-Line saver 7 in Nov 2010. This was a good deal . . and gave me ~£80 cash back and a welcome bonus of £100 and a number of "goodwill payments" due to the problems they had with T&Cs and billing etc. A big saving on previous years energy costs and better than any social tariffs I could find..

late summer 2011, I switched to EDF price fixed 'till 2014 tariff another good deal and I was immune to the 2011 price hike. Done alright, really.

If you were on their social tariff, they would have moved you to a new more expensive tariff, as the social tariffs are now ending.

When you warned, in your original post, that by accepting the £120 customers would be switched to a more expensive tariff, I thought WHAT? and had to start double checking everything! This was wrong of course and I would not be moved to a new tariff.

Update: The £120 didn't appear on my latest bill, I phoned EDF who could find nothing regarding my entitlement but said they'd sort it. Received a very nice letter a couple of days later to say it had been applied to my account. :j
  • mygirllollypop
    Options
    I got mine after applying, What was the criteria I got it due to DLA I am wondering if my friends can apply for next year?

I want to change my tarrif I am on a pre-payment meter with british gas and I hate it :( Never been on one before and im constantly running out of gas & electric!

Can you get it if you change tarrifs still?
    :tongue: Learning to live with BPD & DDNOS :laugh:
    :j I no longer skinny dip, I chunky dunk :j
    :p After my op I'll be skinny dipping! :p
  • anguk
    anguk Posts: 3,412 Forumite
    Options
    I got mine after applying, What was the criteria I got it due to DLA I am wondering if my friends can apply for next year?

I want to change my tarrif I am on a pre-payment meter with british gas and I hate it :( Never been on one before and im constantly running out of gas & electric!

Can you get it if you change tarrifs still?
    I don't think it has anything to do with the tariff you're on, it's all about the benefits you receive. You can change tariffs and still qualify for the Warm Home Scheme as long as you're getting qualifying benefits.
    Dum Spiro Spero
  • Hank_Marvin
    Hank_Marvin Posts: 267 Forumite
    Options
    Turns out if your on pension credit & savings credit you don't qualify but may do so next year. According too the wonderful people on the phone at BG.
  • spikeripley
    spikeripley Posts: 102 Forumite
    Options

phoned them today took all my details etc said they had now updated my account. I am now classed as a vunerable customer and they couldnt understand why I wasnt classed as such when I filled in the application form. They advised me to ring the DWP and I did they said it was nothing to do with them phone eon which i did and am now waiting to hear from them. Dont hold out much hope tbh
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure