Flight Overbooked - No reply from Wizz Air

Options
To cut a long story of a nightmare days travel short; I was due to fly from Luton to Ljubljana with Wizz Air in July. They overbooked the flight, and even thought we had checked in online the day before and were at the front of the queue in the airport, were denied boarding because there was no spare seats.

The only way to contact them is through there online web form so I sent them all the details, claiming 400 EUR in compensation for each of the two passengers and an additional £490 in booking a last minute flight with EasyJet so we could still go on holiday.
40 days later they have still not replied. I have rang there "Customer Services" phone number twice, which costs £1.10 a minute and keeps you waiting in the queue for ages and they did not help. Saying that this is dealt with by a different team that does not accept phone calls in or out...

What can I do?

Comments

• DrA_Harrogate
    Options
    This is of course 'denied boarding' and compensation is due. So download Vauban's guide (google), read it at least twice, and work out your best line. Since WizzAir is based in Hungary you may need to use the European route. 'Resolver have a UK address for them:

Postal address The Coliseum
    Watchmoor Park, Camberley
    GU15 3YL

Phone Number: 0844 249 2075

Also put your flight details into a nwnf website
  • JPears
    JPears Posts: 5,086 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    And you should also claim a refund for your unused tickets.
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
  • Ian011
    Ian011 Posts: 2,432 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Usage of an 0844 number for after-sales enquiries and issues is a breach of regulation 41 of the Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013, effective 13 June 2014. http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2013/3134/regulation/41/made

Check their website for a compliant number starting 01, 02, 03 or 080 else be prepared to exercide your right to a refund of call costs under Regulation 41(2).
  • boyceuk
    Options
    Thanks for the info.

JPears - We are currently claiming for;
    1) EU compensation
    2) Cost of additional flight with another airline to our destination, as Wizz Air were unable to provide us with an alternative.

Are you saying we should also be including;
    3) The original cost of our unused ticket?
    I didn't include this as 2) was more than 3)
  • JPears
    Options
    If you are claiming expense for alternative flights, then no don't claim refund. But if they refuse, and this could be more difficult to enforce, they cannont deny you a refund.

• zaax
    zaax Posts: 1,910 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    If you paid by card they are liable as well (see http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/shopping/consumer-rights-refunds-exchange )
    Do you want your money back, and a bit more, search for 'money claim online' - They don't like it up 'em Captain Mainwaring
  • Vauban
    Vauban Posts: 4,736 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Pretty sure this site doesn't allow advertising or self-promotion, Arnie. Though if you'd like to offer folk here insights or advice, I'm sure that would be welcome.
  • Arnie_Becker
    Options
    Well there's enough free publicity for Bott and Co
  • JPears
    Options
    Because they are a known, trusted firm who have been involved in and championed the passengers rights, including taking forward several Supreme Court cases over the years. Regulars here only recommend them because 99% of the time they do the job effectively but have no finanical or business connection with them.

• leylandsunaddict
    Options
    Well there's enough free publicity for Bott and Co

Your company seem to be trying to make up for it by spamming TA where advertising isn't allowed either :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure