PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weight Loss the Old Style Way! Part 8. Please read posts 1 and 2 before posting.

Options

Comments

• sparrer
    sparrer Posts: 7,547 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    To add-

Dinner - chicken drumstick (skinned), little jacket, mange tout, carrots, petit pois, runners, a hint of cheese sauce (can't resist it with chicken :o), hm gravy

Tea - Sandwich, 2 slices WW Danish spread with yogurt, sliced tomato and a touch of rf grated cheese. Stewed rhubarb with a teaspoon-sized scoop of vanilla ice cream.

Snacks - nectarine, pear, pineapple. I know I shouldn't with arthritis but it was huge and only £1, and I love it so it just had to be bought

Excercises - went much better than I thought, didn't feel too well last Tues pm but feel fine today.

Have a sunny afternoon, I'm going to have a siesta :)
  • WelshWoofer
    WelshWoofer Posts: 5,076 Forumite
    edited 26 June 2012 at 6:37PM
    Options
    Afternoon all - not a bad day so far.....

Breakfast - cereal bar (100 cals)
    Mid morning - small bag of sultanas coated with yoghurt (95 cals)
    Lunch - Wholewheat seeded wrap (180 cals), spinach (20 cals), quorn ham (40 cals), 2 satsumas (50 cals), grapes (100 cals), 1 rice cake (38 cals)
    Tea - gnocchi (250 cals), passata (80 cals), onion and pepper (50 cals), bit of grated cheese (will have to work out cals)

So thats 1003 cals plus cheese

There's some strawberries in the fridge for a bit of a snack later.

So should be well within the 1400-1500 cals I'm allowing myself.

Exercise - only dogwalking today as the hamstring is still a bit dodgy.

ETA - weighed 30g of cheese (not much is it?!) and clocked up another 115 cals
  • sb88_2
    sb88_2 Posts: 194 Forumite
    Options
    Hii!

Haven't posted in a few days! We got a rescue dog on saturday and she has been keeping me busy! Happy but busy! Lots of walks :) That should help with the weightloss!

So I've lost 1lb ! :)

Looking forward to lots of walks with my new dog Roxy :)

Breakfast: Oaty bar
    Lunch: Salad from the garden! cous cous, cucumber, tomato, avocado
    Dinner: Pasta with tinned tomatoes and herbs
    Snacks: Areo chocolate bar, the small ones, oaty bar. 1/2 bag of chips at the beach.

Well done to everyone losing weight :) and all those trying to x
    Weightloss: 18lbs/28lbs (Start weight: 11st, Current 9st 10)
  • Rose_Wood
    Rose_Wood Posts: 867 Forumite
    Options
    Evening All,

It's been lovely weather here today. I've got DGD staying as DS and DDiL have gone away for a couple of days. We've had a busy day with a visit to the park and lots of playing in the garden with a ball whilst the sun shines.

B: Raspberries with Greek yoghurt
    L: Cheese and spinach omelette. Tinned pears in pear juice.
    D: Chicken in a mushroom and creme fraiche sauce with grated courgette and peas. I also did a small jacket potato and had the skin, whilst DGD had the inside mashed up with her meal.She has the same as us and really enjoys her food. She asked for second helpings of courgette and mushrooms and almost scraped the pattern off her plate scraping up the cremefraiche sauce. HM dark chocolate mousse.
    Snack: Handful of pistachio nuts.

Exercise: 30 minutes exercise DVD - Level 2 of Ripped in 30. Walk to the park and back and to DS's to feed the cats so about 2 miles in total plus lots of running around the garden.

Rose
    Weight Loss Challenge 5/7/19 10st 6lbs
    Target 8st 12lbs

Daily Steps Challenge 16,000
    Average daily steps: January 19,317, February 19,449, March 20,330, April 22,026, May 20,412 June 15,690
  • minicooper272
    minicooper272 Posts: 2,131 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Welcome Mrs CD! That book sounds really interesting, I shall hunt it on Amazon.

My food day:
    B: muesli with yoghurt, wedge of melon, 1 ryvita with jam
    L: cheese and salad wrap
    D: Pasta with passata and veg sauce and 1tbsp of parmesan + roasted aubergine
    S: apple, banana, snack a jacks, ice lolly, 3 grapes and 3 potato croquets (didn't cook enough pasta)

Not much exercise today, but joined the gym yesterday and aim to go at least 3x a week. Took my measurements today and I've lost nearly an inch all over, though the weight hasn't really gone down to match...
  • savesummore
    savesummore Posts: 1,132 Forumite
    Options
    Ragz- Thats so true regarding people already trying to lose weight will be the ones watching. The Sugar Blues book is quite 'hard going' at first but worth it

Welshwofer- no 30g cheese is nothing size wise- its shocking really as id pop a peice not much smaller than that as a quick fridge snack before dieting :o

SB88- :j for your dog. Id love a dog but OH says no :(

Rosewood- your DGD sounds like a :A eating all that good 'grown up' food
    O/S weight loss 2.5 /10lbs (11st 8.0- 08.02)
  • ragz_2
    ragz_2 Posts: 3,254 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Rosewood - could you bring me some homemade dark chocolate mousse please? I have been really good for two days and that is just what I need!

Had leftover sausage, veg and egg bake for breakfast, more for lunch with beans, chicken and salad with cheese and mayo about 4pm (not a lot) and then turkey and cauliflower thai red curry for dinner. With half a naan, as I had been very good. Could have done without it though, I ate it last with the sauce and I wasn't actually hungry for it, so bit of a fail raelly!
    June Grocery Challenge £493.33/£500 July £/£500
    2 adults, 3 teens
    Progress is easier to acheive than perfection.
  • Mint1955
    Mint1955 Posts: 685 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I need help!!! I am 57 and until this year have always been thin and 9 stone. I have never been one for excersise as such but was always on the go with physical or stressful jobs. I gave up work in september and I am now 10 stone and rising and my belly and hips particularly looks awful and wobble. Also my clothes are all tight and I am exhausted seemingly doing nothing. I dont eat any different and I am walking and doing a few rides on my bike but I havnt a clue where to really start with trying to lose some of this fat. Doc says I am healthy apart from high cholesterol and osteoporosis for which I am on medication.
    Is it just getting older ? Can it be shifted at this age or am I going to have to get used to it?
    Living the dream and retired in Cyprus :j

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5105296
  • minicooper272
    minicooper272 Posts: 2,131 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi Mint 1955! I don't think you're alone there! Start making a note of what you eat and your daily exercise, post it on here and there will be lots of people who can suggest a few things. You're not stuck with the weight no matter what age you are!
  • Rose_Wood
    Rose_Wood Posts: 867 Forumite
    Options
    Recipe for Dark Chocolate Mousse (Low Carb)

1 large bar of dark chocolate (I used Lidl's 74% Cocoa Solids)
    1 pot of double cream (300 ml)
    1 egg
    Knob of butter
    Small spoonful of instant coffee (I use Gold Blend)

Heat cream till nearly boiling. Stir in coffee, butter and chocolate (broken into pieces). When all chocolate is melted and cream is cooler, whisk in egg. Refrigerate and then eat - you only need a tiny helping to be satisfying so it lasts ages and gets more solid the longer you leave it.

I had bought 2 pots of double cream! Unfortunately, DGD (aged just 2years 4 months) was helping to bring in the shopping from the hall. She picked one pot up by its lid and it emptied all over. She then brought the dripping pot along the hall and into the kitchen to show me saying 'Oh no, what a mess!' Fortunately, most of the pot went on the doormat so I could take it outside and swill it down. The trail of droplets, her dress and feet still took a while to clear up though!!

Rose
    Weight Loss Challenge 5/7/19 10st 6lbs
    Target 8st 12lbs

Daily Steps Challenge 16,000
    Average daily steps: January 19,317, February 19,449, March 20,330, April 22,026, May 20,412 June 15,690
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure