my non-mortgage mortgage free journey

Options

Comments

• quintwins
    quintwins Posts: 5,179 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 4 October 2012 at 10:04AM
    Options
    your diary is a real inspiration as you always seem so positive...we paid off our mortgage 6 years ago and have never looked back...good luck
    tess

Aww thanks i'm quite a positive person, well i am now things are going right for me :D i'm really looking forward to owning my own house without paying the bank any money :) and it will be the way i want it.

I had to pay my creditcard yesterday i didn't relise it was due, so i pinched some from the savings, will put it back over the next few weeks.

Our dogs due to pup soon :) (i LOVE puppies, i must remeber we aren't keeping any) but she's in with another dog at the mo, as our dogs live outside we pup outside, she wouldn't know what to do if we let in her for more than half an hr, so i need to go today and get a heat lamp, puppy food, a food bin (cause i pinched the old one for my house bin now i have no bin collection) and a grate cover, we're pupping her at my in laws they have proper plumbed with drainage down pens so alot cleaner and she will have her own pen, but there last dog eat the grate cover and if puppys fall down well.....you get the idea :(

Went shopping on tue night, hubby wanted doughtnuts so i went whoopsie shopping, didn't get much but i did get a £2 off £20 spend in sainburys which i then used in tesco, i can't find my receit so i'm rounding up tp £22 i got

4 loaves of bread
    2 packets of frying steak
    chips
    wedges
    chicke keiv's
    15 eggs
    10 custard powder
    some heart burn tablets
    some pain killers
    2 boxes of cornflakes
    2 cereal bars
    pepsi
    fizzy orange
    a small bottle of fizzy juice (for yesterdays soft play area)
    2 packets of doughtnuts (reduced to hald price)
    2 cupcakes (reduced to 20p)
    two 4 packs of cookies reduced to 17p
    fruit bag reduced to 6p
    oranges reduced to 9p
    counter ham reduces to 17p
    mr kipling fruit pies reduced to 20p
    milk
    sliced cooked chicken
    toilet roll
    scratchy sponges
    chocolate mousse
    porridge
    2 packets choccy digestives
    tea bags

i think thats it, i got a small trolley full :)

yesterday we went to the soft play area spent a total of £6, £3.75 to get in then ds had a pack lunch because he never sits long enough to eat a whole lunch so i gave up buying him, you get a voucher for a kids meal if you go in the mornings so i used it for my lunch it was £2.25 and not great :(

Off to get puppy stuff now, post off my hi life card and pray it comes back quickly, and collect my clothing order from tesco and next, first official non training day of work tomorrow :)
    DEC GC £463.67/£450
    EF- £110/COLOR]/£1000
  • quintwins
    Options
    Food spends so far £30.15
    entertainment spends so far £3.75
    misc spends so far £ 12.77

total spends £46.57 (wow it's only a few days in!!!)
    total budget this month £720

i've now decide aslong as i get everything in my budget it doesn't really matter what they are or which budget they come from aslong as we're under budget.
    DEC GC £463.67/£450
    EF- £110/COLOR]/£1000
  • ammonite
    ammonite Posts: 1,429 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Exciting for the puppies! I didnt know you can use the Sains vouchers in Tesco - that is very handy to know! Can you use Tesco in Sains?!
  • Hiddenidenity
    Hiddenidenity Posts: 5,423 Forumite
    Options
    ammonite wrote: »
    Exciting for the puppies! I didnt know you can use the Sains vouchers in Tesco - that is very handy to know! Can you use Tesco in Sains?!

Only in Ireland :(
  • quintwins
    Options
    Only in Ireland :(

Really? i didn't know that, i do it all the time i find sainburys dear for basic bits that i can't live without like biscuits :p and they don't do the wee 23p bottles of fizzy juice the kids like.

I true mse style i shopped around for my heat lamp and got it £12 cheaper :money:
    DEC GC £463.67/£450
    EF- £110/COLOR]/£1000
  • ammonite
    ammonite Posts: 1,429 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Well done for your heat lamps! I will give it a go one time despite not living in Ireland!
  • quintwins
    Options
    ammonite wrote: »
    Well done for your heat lamps! I will give it a go one time despite not living in Ireland!

Mine has a huge banner up saying they take all coupons, i used a sainburys price match one last week aswell (which wasn't mine i don't buy brands the person infront of me had left it in the till :) )

I really shud get up, i'm gonna fill my new coffee mug before i go :)
    DEC GC £463.67/£450
    EF- £110/COLOR]/£1000
  • Hiddenidenity
    Hiddenidenity Posts: 5,423 Forumite
    edited 4 October 2012 at 10:33AM
    Options
    quintwins wrote: »
    Really? i didn't know that, i do it all the time i find sainburys dear for basic bits that i can't live without like biscuits :p and they don't do the wee 23p bottles of fizzy juice the kids like.

I true mse style i shopped around for my heat lamp and got it £12 cheaper :money:

Yep really, you use to be able to use them anywhere it changed a few months ago. I bet there's a thread on here actually x

It changed October 31st 2011. Up until then we could x
  • quintwins
    edited 5 October 2012 at 9:55AM
    Options
    Wow i'm feeling sooo ill, i've been being sick all morning, it's my own fault for having chippy tea, i had my gall bladder out oer 5 years ago so i really should know better by now, not a nice start to the day tho :(

dog spends so far are

£30 in local farm shop (should have been £30.85 thats another plus of going local, b&q wouldn't let you off with 2p never mine 85p)
    £33 on puppy food, will prob need more before we're done, again very mse, we only use one puppy food we always have, pets at home had 2 small bags for £11 or a big bag for £38, big bag was 15kg, 18kg of the small bag worked out at £33 :)
    £16 on bin and grate

I also spent £2 in home bargains (it wasn't £2 but the chnage got pinched for the childs moneybox) i wasn't that impressed, of they had some ok things but nothing really worth the trip.

Whats even more impressive is the fact that i went into a tesco to collect a clothing order and came out with just a clothing order and nothing else!!!

Off now to get a metal bucket (which i also phoned around for qoutes for the cheapest aswell) and if i'm feeling up to it take the child to the libary for story time and to get new books, him grandad gave him £1 so i'll bring him to poundland dor a bag of sweets aswell.

I've come to the conclusion he's spoilt rotten, he's always either getting sweets (he doesn't eat that many we still have some left from the last bag and he shares with his brothers when there home from school) a wee toy or like the lunch box he got or wee cups ect, or we're going somewhere i seem to take him alot more places than i did the twins. but then he's sleeping really well lately because he's so tired come bedtime so i must be doing something right and that means the twins sleep better aswell :)

Sat tomorrow :) we're going to fill the car up first thing then we'll be helping my mil sort her kitchen out for the plasters coming on monday, will prob get tea there or come home for something quick, might grab a few cheapo jars of pasta sauce incase i still feel sickly later.
    DEC GC £463.67/£450
    EF- £110/COLOR]/£1000
  • quintwins
    Options
    Oh dear checked my bank and i'm £71 over drawn, so another £100 out of the savings, my overdraft is free but i don't like to sit in it, i now owe my savings £400 so my total sits at -£167 for this month :(

Went to town and spent £17 on 2 buckets and a shovel, went to the libary got new books and listened to a sorry, then took the child to poundland and he got a packet of sweets, at this point i wa sfeeling abit better so stopped in poundstretcher for some drinks, they do 4 tins for £1 so got 4, as i was paying i noticed they had toilet rolls, 18 for £2.99 or 2 packs for £5 so i got 2 packs at less than 14p a roll there cheaper than value ones :)
    DEC GC £463.67/£450
    EF- £110/COLOR]/£1000
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family