How Much Will You Spend In 2017? Challenge

Options

Comments

• Miss_D_Meanour
    Options
    Getting into practice for recording my spending. Am trying to record it on the notes section of my phone as I go along. I've decided I don't really have a phone, I have a small computer that happens to make phone calls. Still remember how liberating getting my first analogue mobile phone was. We have come soooo far.
    Happy weekend everyone
    LBM- June 2009 - 15 year plan started, Dec 2018 - time to review & refocus
    SPC12 #33 £210. Xmas 2019 - #15 £365 / £365 ... PAYDBX 2019 #23: £0 / £3,400
    MFW2019 #2: £6,999.67 / £8,000 MFiT-T5 start £95,352.52 - target £40k

No matter how far you go, you always take yourself with you
  • I_Love_comps
    I_Love_comps Posts: 2,295 Senior Ambassador
    First Anniversary Photogenic I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Name Dropper
    Options
    Getting into practice for recording my spending. Am trying to record it on the notes section of my phone as I go along. I've decided I don't really have a phone, I have a small computer that happens to make phone calls. Still remember how liberating getting my first analogue mobile phone was. We have come soooo far.
    Happy weekend everyone

iphones are brilliant only had mine since May. That notes section is good for shopping lists .
    I am a Senior Ambassador on the Competitions Time Board and the Old Style MoneySaving Board.
    If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators.  Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

My Diary Link My Frugal Year 2023 My Frugal Year 2023 — MoneySavingExpert Forum

My Challenges
    Make £2023 in 2023. £3.16/£2023 Make £2023 in 2023 — MoneySavingExpert Forum
    Compers Challenge 2023 0 Wins Compers challenge 2023! — MoneySavingExpert Forum

• I'd like to join please :)

I really would benefit from keeping track of where my cash disappears too!!
  • I_Love_comps
    Options
    I'd like to join please :)

I really would benefit from keeping track of where my cash disappears too!!

Welcome squirrelgirl, you are No 13

Yes it is amazing how money disappears!!!!!
    I am a Senior Ambassador on the Competitions Time Board and the Old Style MoneySaving Board.
    If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators.  Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

My Challenges

• PoorGuyNextDoor
    Options
    I really wouldn't like to know what I have spent in 2016!! I've just been closing my eyes when the credit card bill comes through ha ha!! - In budget though and always paid off in full, I'd just really like to save much more by cutting out all of the rubbish I buy - I could start my own shop with all of the meaningless, unnecessary and comfort purchased I make!

Good luck every, and thank I love comps!

Can totally relate to this! I buy some amount of tat its annoying when i look back!! Iv cut out a few things from my budget already so im going into next year positive il have a realistic budget to stick to.
    Can now be found in the Millionaire Challenge thread :beer:
  • cybertortoise
    Options
    Can I join please? I plan on recording all spending in 2017 as I generally suck at tracking for more than about a week.

I'll be using YNAB on my laptop and phone as I already have it so no extra outlay.

My main areas of spending are trips to the local shop to buy junk food, averaging £4-£5 almost every evening, and poor meal planning resulting in running out or having to throw stuff away. I'd love to buy a camper van so I need to start saving, but I have over £12k of debt I need to be paying off.
    Restarted my journey toward financial stability on 1st September 2021 - I will succeed!

Total debt - £39888.13 @ 31.08.21

Current debt - £21270.51 @ 29.12.2023
    Paid to date: £18617.62

DFD: Aiming for end of 2028
  • I_Love_comps
    Options
    Welcome cybertortoise. You are No.14

My Challenges

• angelicious
    Options
    Can I join please? Would love to know exactly how much money I spend in a year.
    Save £12k in 2024 - £0/25,000
  • focus888
    focus888 Posts: 1,483 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi, please can I join as well? I was thinking just yesterday this year i want to keep a record of how much I spend daily/monthly/annually in 2017. I wanted to do this at the end of 2015 but never did it. Defo want to start this tomo :) I wont be including any bills or fixed expenses like internet. Just on my daily spending, which is normally grocery/toileties other odd bits here and there which has definitely gone out of hand this last few years. Hopefully this challenge will help me realise where I am going wrong. I know i do spend alot on junk food which has to stop especially as i also want to slim down in 2017. Theres alot i want to do :p
  • I_Love_comps
    Options
    Can I join please? Would love to know exactly how much money I spend in a year.
    Welcome to the challenge angelicious. You are No.15

My Challenges

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure