Keighley Trade Centre

Options

Comments

• Lum
    Lum Posts: 6,460 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    TamA wrote: »
    How can that business survive? Legally anyway...

I'm glad I'm not the only one to have had that train of thought.

Don't really want to allege anything on a public forum though.
  • 1540phil
    1540phil Posts: 90 Forumite
    Options
    Well I had booked the day off tomorrow to go and look at a nice BMW 545i, but I have surprisingly changed my mind!
  • p.m.adams
    Options
    1540phil wrote: »
    Well I had booked the day off tomorrow to go and look at a nice BMW 545i, but I have surprisingly changed my mind!

That's probably the wisest car buying move you will make this year! :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
  • Flyboy152
    Flyboy152 Posts: 17,118 Forumite
    Options
    1540phil wrote: »

You've had a lucky escape. ;)
    The greater danger, for most of us, lies not in setting our aim too high and falling short; but in setting our aim too low and achieving our mark
  • SAD_FART
    Options
    A Salutary Tale - do your research first!
    I bought what seemed to be a good car from KTC; it lasted 2 days! I had to pay for its return to the garage, they said they would repair it - didn't. Accused me of misfuelling it (fortunately the one time I filled it was on video and was NOT the case). They kept the car and did nothing. Fortunately I had paid some on credit card (Tesco/RBS) who dragged their feet and refused to pay anything after 5 months - no explanation. Went to financial ombudsman who 3 months later re-presented the case and 2 months after that Tesco/RBS paid up :j after a year to the day with car hire costs almost as much as the car cost me in the first place. Dissembling from KTC and very poor Section 75 response from Tesco/RBS. Getting next car from a local reputable dealer!

I would echo most other posts - avoid at all costs unless you are a highly skilled mechanic and have your own garage!
  • mc63080
    Options
    Why? Please read below:

I tried purchasing a 2007 3 Series M Sport from Keighley Trading Centre 2 weeks ago and was corned into parting withmy deposit of £200 and still in the process of getting a refund when the car failed RAC Inspection.

Due to distance from where l reside, l had to result to RAC to do a 'Comprehensive Inspection' on the car before travelling down to pay and pick it up from KTC but RAC discovered a lot and see below some excerpts from RAC Report:

1. Rear Left Chassis Support Brace - Bent/Damaged (Fouling Fuel Tank)
    2. Left Rear Tie Bar Bushes - Excessively Play / Worn
    3. Right Rear Tie Bar Bushes - Slight Play / Worn
    4. Front Right Carpet - Torn
    5. Right Seat Right Cloth - Torn
    6. Right Front Door Weatherseal - Torn / Split
    7. Gearbox Right Seal - Leak Evident
    8. Differential Pinion Seal - Leak Evident
    9. Left Door Roof / Door Fron Right Bonnet - Chip / Rust Spot
    10. Both Front Brake Pads - Slightly Lipped /Worn
    11. Both Rear Brake Pads - Partially Worn
    12. Front Windscreen - Chip / Crack
    13. Bodywork - Numerous chips, scratches and dents evident

With some of the faults listed above, l'll advise you look elsewhere as you find their prices are marginally low compare to other cars on the market, but trust me, a few hundred quid (with patience) will buy you a decent car and trouble / worry free as l discovered. I've now bought another '07 reg from a reputable garage and the difference is just about £400.

My advice to anyone parting with their hard earned cash are:

a) Personally inspect the car
    b) DON NOT PAY ANY DEPOSIT UNTIL YOU HAVE SEEN THE CAR YOURSELF
    c) Call in professionals to inspect things like Engine, Road worthiness
    d) Perform an HPI (Data) CHECK - l found out the car they're trying to sell me is still under FINANCE, so it failed the HPI Check
    e) Verify that the mileage id genuine (I was told 3 different mileage until RAC discovered the true mileage on the car. 115000, 153000 then 165000)
    d) If you know the Registration of the car you intend to buy plus the V5C Document Reference, you can check the MOT History personnaly without any cost by visiting VOSA website.

I hope these information listed above is helpful to all innocent souls out there and also to some of these Trading / Auto Companies to get their acts together.
  • crashD_2
    Options
    the most dodgy motors on planet saw this honda insight 09 plate, went there to find the attitude and cars same crap! dodgy motors, cars were not at all like on the picture. stay away from them ppl there are not worth wasting your time on.
  • englisho
    Options
    Believe me.. this place is well dodgy
  • BillTrac
    BillTrac Posts: 1,869 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    What I find strange is how many of these high priced cars are seemingly treated like crap by their previous owners.

If I spent 50-60-70k on a car I would like to think I would look after it.

Why would anyone spend this sort of money on a high-powered, high-priced car and let it basically rot?????
  • mkirkby
    mkirkby Posts: 279 Forumite
    Options
    BillTrac wrote: »
    What I find strange is how many of these high priced cars are seemingly treated like crap by their previous owners.

If I spent 50-60-70k on a car I would like to think I would look after it.

Why would anyone spend this sort of money on a high-powered, high-priced car and let it basically rot?????

I guess it depends how a individual came about such a car and what they do for a living.

No accusations of course...Just saying that's all :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure