Cheery's buttling diary: tea in one hand, plant pot in the other, running shoes on

Options

Comments

• Cheery_Daff
    Cheery_Daff Posts: 15,764 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    It was indeed good :D Not sure how far it got me :o but it did clarify that this new amount is based on my CURRENT salary, which I'm relieved about because it means it *should* go up when I get my payrise, which is next Monday.

Of course I'm also NOT pleased because right at the start broker said building society had agreed to base it on salary increase, and did both the decision in principle and full application on that basis - but either he was lying or building society has backed down and he has no negotiating skills :mad:

Hey ho. They have supposedly agreed to instruct the valuation in the meantime and I will send proof of payrise next Monday. Sadly I suspect I am being fobbed off and nothing will actually happen til next Monday anyway, but unfortunately there's very little I can do about that :(

More deep breaths required I suspect.

Anyway, had an email today with a bonus from a survey from Prolific - takig total to about £13 now I think although a couple of quid is waiting for approval. Think I'll wait til £20 and cash out for free.

Unusually had TWO secret surveys in one day the other day :eek: so once they've both been approved I can cash £10 out of there too :j

Not much spending to report. Bought an M&S skirt for £1.50 amd a shirt for £3.99 from the charity shop yesterday. Contemplated a pair of boots but came home without them, but think I'm going to get them tomorrow as current pair are really scruffy and I'll wear them every day for work. Will see.

Dug foldy bike out to trek to old job tomorrow, but have NO idea where waterproof jacket amd trousers are and it's currently belting down out there :eek:

Family visits today, most cheery :) Tired now though...
  • Cheery_Daff
    Options
    Evening chums :hello:

£10 cashed out from secret survey site - should be with us in a few days :j

Been shopping :o Bought the boots I saw yesterday and a new bra :o Feel very spendy :o

But had a nice tea of lentil and veg pie that I made the other day :D

Nothing else to report I don't think...
  • Cheery_Daff
    Options
    So, let's talk about that 'nice lentil and veg pie that I kade the other day' - and which sat out on the side for several days (not
    one) before being eaten by me, and several hours later, the dregs being made into soup by Mr Cheery.

Let's talk about how a couple of hours after that, I started to feel distinctly queasy, and commenced, er, losing the entire contents of my stomach on the hour, every hour, for the next few hours until there was nothing left.

And let's talk about how Mr Cheery's stomach rebelled against said pie in a similar fashion - exactly the same number of hours after eating as mine did...

:o

Don't ever believe (as I so often do) that being vegetarian means you can't give yourself food poisoning! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Still, it's been a frugal few days :rotfl: spent Tuesday unable to move from the sofa. Wednesday I went back to work (delicately) and today I've felt pretty normal (although still quite feeble and still not really hungry). What a palaver!

On the plus side it's given me a nice rest from fretting about the house, which goes from farce to farce - the valuation has now been done and come back at £0 :eek: Solicitor assures me this is straightforward (ish) to deal with, broker hasn't even bothered to get in touch (today i'm giving him the benefit of the doubt and thinking maybe he's working behind the scenes to sort it out although in reality I suspect he's just hiding and hoping I'll go away and get a new broker...)

Leaving that all til Monday now and focusing on feeling like a human again :o

£10 received from secret survey site and I'm up to £14 odd on prolific now - will cash out at £20.

Nowt else to report. Should probably go to sleep!
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Oh good grief! Cheery! Thats a hard way to learn the lesson, poor thing! Hope you're feeling better still today.
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • Cheery_Daff
    Options
    I am indeed thank you (although I'm still not hungry - certainly not for my own cooking! :o :rotfl: ) Will try something other than cereal and toast tomorrow and hopefully build back to normal over the weekend.

Good day at work today, got lots of things ticked off :j Nicely satisfying :T

Just did YNAB (as purse was so full of receipts that I could barely close it :o ) Didn't actually have to put anything in the budget fiddling category for once! :eek: :o :rotfl: Except one thing temporarily that had gone through paypal, but on investigation I found out what it was and it had its own category anyway :D

Slight overspend when I bought new boots and bras the other day :o but that's been absorbed by moving things around from other monthly spending categories so as long as I take it easy for the next couple of weeks.

Payslip has arrived, clearly demonstrating new payrise :j :j Has been duly dispatched to mortgage broker and hopefully at least *that* palaver can be put behind us... Plenty more left to deal with though! :rotfl: I'm not thinking 'We're moving house' any more, rather 'we're playing this elaborate game of Bureaucratic Nonsense - let's see if we can win!'

Hey ho, nothing will happen over the weekend anyway so I can concentrate on tidying up a bit - housework has been sorely neglected while we've both been feeling a bit off colour...
  • Pippilongstocking
    Options
    Hey there huge hugs for the not feeling so great and eating stuff which I have to admit I would probably eat. Although I must confess ot having donated half a pot of rice to the birds that I tucked into the fridge last Tuesday night and found this Tuesday - yes it looked OK and it had been in fridge but having had rice food poisoning once before I donated - hoping birds do not suffer like we do. I do hope you're feeling better - its so easily done.

Re the mortgage and the valuation and everything my heart goes out to you - its so annoying. You will I'm sure overcome!!

Charity shop spends are to be had when you find them, we all know to our costs that they disappear quickly. And, as to reductions - some good ones last night in our coop - but some belters was 2.99 now 2.57 - hardly worth the bother.

Hope you have a brighter weekend and not too choresy.

XOXOXO
    Total debt 26/4/18 <£1925 we were getting there. :beer:
    Total debt as of 28/4/19 £7867.38:eek:
    minus 112.06 = £7755.32:money:
    :money:Sleeves up folks.:money:
  • Greying_Pilgrim
    Options
    And, as to reductions - some good ones last night in our coop - but some belters was 2.99 now 2.57 - hardly worth the bother.

It can't be worth the cost of the employee time and the price of the sticker, can it?

Hope you're getting better all the time Cheery (and MrC), and have a great weekend planned - featuring nice things in addition to 'necessary' things.

Greying X
    Pounds for Panes £3,005/£10,000 - start date Dec 2023

Coins for Camping (May) -  £0/£15  (Camping TTD - £75/90)

Grocery spend May £144.39/215
    Non-food household spend May £24.01/30
    Bulk Fund May 0/£15

Knitted items for charity 1/24 (inc. Blankets 1/6)
  • Cheery_Daff
    Options
    Thank you ladies :kisses3:

I've done rice poisoning too Pippi - NOT pleasant :eek: although in my case from reheating too many times... you've reminded me we have ancient takeaway rice in the fridge too - can't see properly in there since moving everything round to sell and there's a giant cupboard in the way now that Mr Cheery got out of a skip last week - must see if we can get that upstairs today as it's doing my head in where it is now!

Do you know what's exciting? I have NOTHING that I *need* to do this weekend :j Yed, I plan to tidy up a bit and move that cupboard, but there is nothing that can't wait and no actual plans, nowhere I need to be. How unusual! :rotfl:

Might take a wander into town this morning - I want my hair cutting as Ive been doing it myself since before last Christmas and it just needs a bit of a reshape - there's a walk in place in town does it for £7 :money:

Also want a new diary - bought one in June but I"m just NOT getting on with it at all, they days are vertically in strips and I thought I'd like it cos I could see exactly when I had gaps, but there's no room for notes or anything, and every few weeks there's gaps for a monthly planner and 4 notes pages which is great - but it's hard to flick through and count how many weeks are left for things.

Got some John Lewis vouchers still left from when I left my old job (nearly 2 years ago now - eek!) So will have a see what they've got.

And I do NOT need anything else, so NO OTHER SPENDS!
  • PurpleFairy26
    Options
    Thank you ladies :kisses3:

I've done rice poisoning too Pippi - NOT pleasant :eek: although in my case from reheating too many times... you've reminded me we have ancient takeaway rice in the fridge too - can't see properly in there since moving everything round to sell and there's a giant cupboard in the way now that Mr Cheery got out of a skip last week - must see if we can get that upstairs today as it's doing my head in where it is now!

Do you know what's exciting? I have NOTHING that I *need* to do this weekend :j Yed, I plan to tidy up a bit and move that cupboard, but there is nothing that can't wait and no actual plans, nowhere I need to be. How unusual! :rotfl:

Might take a wander into town this morning - I want my hair cutting as Ive been doing it myself since before last Christmas and it just needs a bit of a reshape - there's a walk in place in town does it for £7 :money:

Also want a new diary - bought one in June but I"m just NOT getting on with it at all, they days are vertically in strips and I thought I'd like it cos I could see exactly when I had gaps, but there's no room for notes or anything, and every few weeks there's gaps for a monthly planner and 4 notes pages which is great - but it's hard to flick through and count how many weeks are left for things.

Got some John Lewis vouchers still left from when I left my old job (nearly 2 years ago now - eek!) So will have a see what they've got.

And I do NOT need anything else, so NO OTHER SPENDS!

I think the vouchers expire after 2 years so best to check so they don't go to waste. Enjoy the relax.
  • Cheery_Daff
    Options
    Ooh, good reminder PurpleFairy! These are gift cards so I hope they don't have the same rule (as theoretically Ican keep adding to them) but will check, thanks :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure