Reclaim lost Amazon music

Options
Former_MSE_Charlotte_Deals_Hunter
Former_MSE_Charlotte_Deals_Hunter Posts: 107 Forumite
Holiday Haggler I've been Money Tipped! Best Buy Bear
edited 13 August 2013 at 9:10PM in Music MoneySaving
As you may or may not know, Amazon has launched a new cloud player app for PC and Apple products, which allows you to access an unlimited number of tracks from music you’ve previously purchased from the online retailer and upload a further 250 from outside sources for free.

Quite simply you can download or stream anything you've bought from it (not a third party seller) since 1999. The great thing about this is, it's not just for MP3s you've downloaded but also CDs or vinyls you've bought the hard copies of.

]If you've lost or damaged any CDs or vinyls (let's face it, their pretty delicate), you'll be able to retrieve the music.

We at MSE HQ found loads of music from our past that we’d forgotten about– some golden oldies and some terrible, causing tirades of “what were we thinking?”.

Just find Amazon Cloud Player, sign in with your normal amazon username/password and let us know if you found anything and how good or bad your musical history is.
There's more detail in our

Reclaim Lost Amazon music note

If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply. If you aren’t sure how it all works, read our New to Forum? Intro Guide.

[threadbanner]box[/threadbanner]

Hi, my name’s Charlotte Burns… …and I’m a deals hunting, coupon-loving glitch addict. Before joining MoneySavingExpert, I used to hunt for deals in my spare time – now I get to do it and get paid. Talk about landing my dream job! Read my Deals Hunter blogs to see what I'm on about. If you have any tips for me to look into tell me on the Forum or on Twitter #DealsHunter.

Comments

• Jennysi
    Options
    Awesome find! It automatically added 180 songs from albums I've bought over the years, including ones I'd bought for relatives, dating back to 2008. I did actually expect more, must have used play.com more than I realised!
  • mjm3346
    mjm3346 Posts: 46,922 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Jennysi wrote: »
    I did actually expect more, must have used play.com more than I realised!

This has been going for several weeks, it doesn't add everything, only items which are available for their auto-rip service.
  • fallen121
    fallen121 Posts: 900 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Some great music, but also some very dire stuff bought as presents for maiden aunts, etc. Fortunately there's a "delete" button!!
  • RainbowDrops
    RainbowDrops Posts: 4,674 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Is there a way of manually recovering any albums?
    A few have popped up in the cloud, but there are a few more albums that I know I bought off Amazon that aren't in my cloud.
  • thegolddisc
    Options
    I got an email last week telling me there was 258 albums available for me to download.... We Love Music

Gold Disc Dave
    Resident Music Lover
  • Polly
    Polly Posts: 898 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I found 7 albums including a Jeff Buckley album I didn't even know I'd bought! This has just made my day - thanks MSE!
  • debbiecj_2
    Options
    Bob Newhart, Rumer and Pop Party 9!!!
    Excellent - didn't know this facility existed.
    Thank you!
    :T
  • 2cats_2
    2cats_2 Posts: 49 Forumite
    Options
    Hi, Does anyone know if this is the same for Amazon.com and .ca as my husband has bought loads of cd's from them too?
  • gerf
    gerf Posts: 51 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    how did darryl get back 13 years? i know i bought cds that long ago but they don't show up. how do you retrieve old orders?
  • barbiegoth
    Options
    Got back 111 songs going back to 2005
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills