PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Is your heating ON or OFF?

Options

Comments

• ariba10
    ariba10 Posts: 5,432 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Bedroom window open at night, summer quilt on bed and back door left wide open all the morning so far today.

No thoughts of heating on in this part of the country yet.
    I used to be indecisive but now I am not sure.
  • muffin_man_7
    Options
    mrsr wrote: »
    Not a nice day today,heat will stay off for as long as i can stand it.We are using about £1.42 awk in gas and from £5 to £6 in electric .Theres no heating on electric but i just can't get it any lower,dread to think what it would be like to heat by electric.

Thats really low for gas and electric
    Id be interested to learn how you got it so low i've got our electric down from £30 a week to £15 over the last 6 months and im hoping to get it even lower

my gas is just under a £1 a day average i would like mine to be much lower like yours even some of the time
    2nd purse challenge no040£0 Sealed pot challenge ???? £2 trolley find not counting small coins till end year
  • Justamum
    Justamum Posts: 4,727 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    It's that time of year when it's really difficult - it starts off chilly, but gets warm and sticky during the day. At least it means the washing should dry anyway.
  • Chipps
    Chipps Posts: 1,550 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    It's lovely and warm (albeit a bit dull) here today, so heating is not even a thought in the back of the mind!
  • Hobsons_Choice
    Options
    Lovely in Worcestershire - as it was yesterday. Sun is shining and it's amazingly warm. I have a sinus infection (legacy of a cold) so am sitting outside in the sunshine as much as poss., it's easier to breathe in the fresh air.
    Can't believe that a few days ago I was in fleeces and socks, putting the heating on for an hour in the mornings. OH was cold as well, so it wasn't because I was ailing.
    Sorry if this upsets others sitting in the chilly, damp and dark weather - it'll be our turn again soon, I'm sure but, at the moment, happy days!
    Normal people worry me.
  • CH27
    CH27 Posts: 5,531 Forumite
    Options
    spike7451 wrote: »
    I've had my heating on & off for the past couple days,just to warm the place up a bit but mainly a quilt does the same job,especially as my Gout has flared up which I've only started suffering from since I had a TAI Stroke last month.

Hope you're ok hun.

It's lovely,warm & sunny here.
    Freaky weather:D
    Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud.
  • mrsr
    mrsr Posts: 476 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Thats really low for gas and electric
    Id be interested to learn how you got it so low i've got our electric down from £30 a week to £15 over the last 6 months and im hoping to get it even lower

my gas is just under a £1 a day average i would like mine to be much lower like yours even some of the time

Hi muffin man

I'm pleased you think my usage is low.
    I have gas Ch ,the boiler for hot water goes on once at tea time for about 45 mins.We use the gas hob as much as poss for all cooking and boiling the kettle,as the Gas board have rated the boiler as D i don't surpose £1.40 is to bad.
    With electric i swich everything off at plug apart from internet,sky box, fridge freezer which is high energy rateing and stoped using the oven and bought a halogen oven and use that as little as poss.The TD,DW dont get used apart i may use Dw once in a blue Moon.The washing is done on a cold wash,the WM has a large drum so when i do need to do hot i can do all in one go,then there's all the usually like energy saving lights bulbs.No matter how i try i can't get it any lower, if we didn't use the telly i could lower it ,it's surprising how the monitor shoots up when it's switched on the prob is OH would leave if he didn't have his telly he puts up with all the other Ms stuff but not losing his telly:rotfl:
  • spike7451
    spike7451 Posts: 6,944 Forumite
    Options
    CH27 wrote: »
    Hope you're ok hun.

It's lovely,warm & sunny here.
    Freaky weather:D

Thanks,I had an MRI scan yesterday & have a Doppler Corotid Scan on 20th Sept,getting better but the tablets make me feel lousy.
    Medical next week with the Veterans Agency for a War Disability Pension as well.
  • CH27
    CH27 Posts: 5,531 Forumite
    Options
    spike7451 wrote: »
    Thanks,I had an MRI scan yesterday & have a Doppler Corotid Scan on 20th Sept,getting better but the tablets make me feel lousy.
    Medical next week with the Veterans Agency for a War Disability Pension as well.

Good luck with it :)
    Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud.
  • Hobsons_Choice
    Options
    All the best Spike7451...but keep taking the tablets even though they make you feel grot!
    Normal people worry me.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure