Options

Comments

• ratechaser
    ratechaser Posts: 1,674 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    badger09 wrote: »
    Hmmm

I have a printed:o copy of the TopCashback incentive applicable when I applied on 9th April. There is absolutely no mention of existing customers.

I haven't yet submitted a formal complaint to Co-op as I have only recently started the missing cashback process with TCB. I've waited 6 months already, so another month won't hurt.

Do keep us updated.

I don't suppose you would mind posting a copy of these T&Cs would you (pretty please) :o

...as I'm sure others including myself will be getting a similar letter for the April offer...

I'm certainly in a pugnacious mood over this one. Declining after it was confirmed in particular has got my back up!
  • keiran
    keiran Posts: 739 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    The t's and c's of the £105 offer are below:-

Note it mentions an OLA number - this is of no consequence - something from a previous Santander cashback offer, just copied and pasted in these vague t's and c's

"""

The Co-operative Bank - Current Accounts Cashback

No monthly fee Online and mobile banking 24/7 support Contactless card (subject to status) Overdraft can be arranged (subject to status, you must be over 18) Must be a UK resident aged over 16.

Exclusive Offer! £105.00

Terms & Conditions and other useful information
    What will stop me getting cashback?
    If the application has been generated via another site (such as a price comparison site) or advertisement, the sale will not be attributed to TopCashback and you will not receive your cashback
    This program is being monitored, any abuse of the terms in any way may result in your account being terminated
    Cashback will not be paid in conjunction with any other offer, voucher or discount code unless listed on this page, or with any other discounts such as staff or student discounts
    Using a promotional/voucher codes not posted and approved by TopCashback.
    What else is essential?
    Cashback will only be paid to customers who take out a Co-operative Bank Current Account and transfer to it as their active current account
    To ensure that your transaction tracks and to receive your cashback you must generate a new application
    Cashback will only be paid to customers who take out the product and transfer to it as their active current account with active direct debits and transfer at least £800 each month for 3 months
    Cashback will only be paid to customers who switch to a Co-operative Bank qualifying current account using the full Co-operative Bank current account switch service, which will include closure of your old account with a different provider on the day that your switch is completed
    Make sure you have third party cookie tracking enabled and you allow the confirmation page to fully load before closing the window

Good to know
    Cashback is only paid on approved applications which are completed online and within 30 days from application. Any application that needs to be followed up offline (for example, to show proof of ID in a branch) or is over the 30 day time frame from application won’t receive cashback
    The rates above include a bonus relevant to your membership level - 5% for Plus members and 1% for classic
    After submitting an application you will be given a reference number beginning with OLA. Please keep a note of this number as it will be required if you need to submit a cashback claim
    Cashback paid through TopCashback is only paid out once per customer
    From time to time information displayed here may be out of date.
    Cashback rates are subject to change both up and down.
    Recurrences on the amount of purchases that can be made while earning cashback may be limited.
    The Co-operative Bank - Current Accounts cashback can be earned simply by clicking through to the merchant and shopping as normal.
    Please be as thorough as possible when completing your details online to help avoid the application being followed up offline and becoming ineligible for cashback
    Transactions will initially track at £0.00 and uplift on validation
    Unless otherwise stated expect transactions for this retailer to appear within 24 hours. Transactions are usually confirmed within a month and should become payable within 30 - 60 days after the event date, unless otherwise indicated on the Avg Payment Speed Statistics.
    This merchant calculates cashback excluding VAT, delivery and any other charges.
    The Co-operative Bank - Current Accounts Cashback is available through TopCashback on genuine, tracked transactions completed immediately and wholly online.

What to do when
    The vast majority of transactions from merchants track successfully, occasionally a transaction may not get reported. If you believe this to be the case, please submit a "Missing Cashback" query within 100 days of the transaction, we will be unable to chase up claims older than this.
    Some merchants may not be forthcoming with untracked cashback. We endeavour to chase untracked cashback but reserve the right to halt enquiries at any time. Please do not make purchase decisions based upon expected cashback as it is not guaranteed.
    About your purchase
    To open an account you must be a United Kingdom resident aged 16 or over. To have an Account you must receive regular payment (e.g wage, salary, and pension) which you must pay into your Account

It is a condition of having an Account with The Co-operative Bank that you haven’t had any CCJs, been declared bankrupt or defaulted on any credit agreements in the last 6 years

"""
  • nervous_switcher
    Options
    I opened a co-op account recently and I have £40 cashback pending from TCB with an estimated payable time of 29 weeks. I was wondering if this is a reasonable estimate or is it likely to take much longer for it to actually be paid?
  • badger09
    badger09 Posts: 11,211 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    I opened a co-op account recently and I have £40 cashback pending from TCB with an estimated payable time of 29 weeks. I was wondering if this is a reasonable estimate or is it likely to take much longer for it to actually be paid?

I suggest you read back over a few months of this thread. Several of us had (previous TCB offers) sit as Confirmed for many months, only to see them suddenly convert to Declined, for no apparent reason:(
  • ratechaser
    ratechaser Posts: 1,674 Forumite
    Options
    Thank you Kieran!
  • Deru
    Deru Posts: 621 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Co-op Bank has completed disappeared from the TCB site.

I can't even raise a ticket as I can't select them. All other Co-op services are still there. Doesn't show under my Declined cashback list anymore either.

Anyone else got this problem now?
  • Yorkshire_Pud
    Options
    Deru wrote: »
    Co-op Bank has completed disappeared from the TCB site.

I can't even raise a ticket as I can't select them. All other Co-op services are still there. Doesn't show under my Declined cashback list anymore either.

Anyone else got this problem now?

They aren't offering cashback now for new applicants.

You should be ale to raise a support ticket as you can ask TCB any question without selecting from a list?

After 6 (long!) months the declined cashback slips off the list but its still there if you select show older transactions at the foot of the 'current' less than six months list.
  • bristolleedsfan
    bristolleedsfan Posts: 12,093 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    edited 30 October 2016 at 8:09PM
    Options
    I was wondering if anyone else has had the same 18.02 Sunday email/missing cashback claim message from TCB in response to claim submitted on 27th September

30 Oct 2016 Hi there,

Thanks for the information that you have provided with regards to this claim, however, we have noticed your claim as part of our pre-submission preparation checks and we have identified a potential problem that we could use your help with.

Can you please provide the email address that you used to make your purchase and the date you opened your account?

Please get back to us by posting a message on the conversation thread.

Thank you in advance for your time, we always feel it best that any corrections are made prior to your claim being sent over for inspection in giving it the best chance of being successfully processed.

Kind regards,
  • okydoky
    okydoky Posts: 267 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I was wondering if anyone else has had the same 18.02 Sunday email from TCB in response to claim submitted on 27th September

30 Oct 2016 Hi there,

Thanks for the information that you have provided with regards to this claim, however, we have noticed your claim as part of our pre-submission preparation checks and we have identified a potential problem that we could use your help with.

Can you please provide the email address that you used to make your purchase and the date you opened your account?

Please get back to us by posting a message on the conversation thread.

Thank you in advance for your time, we always feel it best that any corrections are made prior to your claim being sent over for inspection in giving it the best chance of being successfully processed.

Kind regards,

Yes, got this as well. Bit worried now as my TCB account in my name but Coop account is in my wife's name, will that make a difference I wonder??
  • tg99
    tg99 Posts: 1,199 Forumite
    Options
    okydoky wrote: »
    Yes, got this as well. Bit worried now as my TCB account in my name but Coop account is in my wife's name, will that make a difference I wonder??

Also got this today.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport