Student loans and pensions

Options

Comments

• Matt_C74
    Options
    If your loans are over 6 years old you need to include something along the lines of

I only found out I could make this sort of irresponsible lending complaint in [August/September 2017 or whenever you made your initial complaint]. !I understand the Financial Ombudsman will consider all my loans, including those that are more than 6 years old.
  • tibawo
    tibawo Posts: 1,189 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Has anyone had any results for loans over 6 years ?
    Go get it!
  • Matt_C74
    Options
    Update on my claims

Yesterday I got an email from Wonga saying they are still investigating my complaint (they've had it 4 weeks) and will be in touch within the next 4 weeks.

Today I received a letter in the post from Wage Day Advance saying they are still investigating (complaint sent the same day as Wonga's - 15th August) and will send another letter in the next 4 weeks with either there final response or reasons why they aren't in a position to provide one.

No update from Sunny/Elevate since their initial email saying they would reply within 8 weeks.
  • emzmommy
    Options
    Finally a little success after wonga ans pduk refusing me quickquid have been the first ones with an offer...its only a little one of £100 but as i only had 3 small loans with them i am very impressed i have taken the money and run not sure how long it will take but ive just sent the email saying thank you for the offer and i would like to accept!! Only need an email from sunny and il know where i stand!1 :o also need to send the emails to FOS for wonga and pduk but that can be done the weekend!!

Have a great thursday everyone
  • jack_1992
    Options
    Working day 12/14 for Wonga to pay out. They just love to delay things.

Have had letters from FOS to say they're investigating QQ and Sunny now and waiting for their reply so shall see what they come back with. Hoping for some good news
    Debt Free Journey
    6th April 2021 - first steps taken to becoming debt free with StepChange help

• arc2014
    Options
    I've sent emails to both Wonga & QQ but had no acknowledgement/reply. How long should I wait before resending/chasing up?
  • jack_1992
    Options
    Checked my bank this afternoon and there it is. Refund depositing on day 12 from Wonga. Such a good feeling to get something back from them.
    I have taken responsibility for these loans and I regret ever taking one but they could and should have helped me more.
    Let's hope my 2 other complaints with FOS bring more like this. What a relief!
    Debt Free Journey

• List_Maker
    Options
    Soooooooo I thought that I had heard the end of my complaints, but over 90 days from ombudsmans decision and 65days from payout Date but the loans from LS are still on my credit files. I know it can take a while to update, but getting fidgety. And I've even deleted my account to reset the report date and as of yesterday they were still on there. I have phoned to ask the q but the relevant dept have gone home.
    Any one else had anything similar to this happen to them???
  • Matt_C74
    Options
    Hey Jack

Congrats on getting your payout from Wonga, hopefully I'll be in a simple lar position soon!

Can I ask when you put your initial complaint into them?

Thanks
  • jack_1992
    Options
    My initial complaint went in June 30th. Took the full 8 weeks to respond with an offer.
    Accepted and 12 working days later finally have the money in my account and loans off my credit file.
    Good luck, stay persistent with them! It takes time but so so worth it
    Debt Free Journey

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback