Here we can all be heard for a little while. Part 3

Options

Comments

• elsien
    elsien Posts: 32,867 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I abandoned the ideas of refills after a colleague managed to cover the very new and very expensive blinds in ink at my last workplace.
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
  • Pyxis
    Pyxis Posts: 46,077 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Pyxis - did you get your inks online? I do agree about the dreadful prices, but they are a lot cheaper if you buy them a) online and b) in small bulk. I used to buy refill kits - I think you may still be able to get them - where you syringe ink into the old container. Very messy but saves loads! (Enough to get some plastic gloves, which I always forgot to wear.)

I tried the syringe thing once. Could hardly get any ink into the cartridges and it soon ran out again. Drove me mad!

I'll look online. I think I might already have done that, but I'll look again.
    (I just lurve spiders!)
    INFJ(Turbulent).

Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, Pinnacle of Peadom and Official Brainbox
    Founder Member: 'WIMPS ANONYMOUS' and 'VICTIMS of the RANDOM HEDGEHOG'
    I'm in a clique! It's a clique of one! It's a unique clique!
    I love :eek:

• Torry_Quine
    Torry_Quine Posts: 18,840 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    Faerie hope you soon feel better.

Remembered I didn't te you about my trip with my friend yesterday. We had lunch in a cafe overlooking the sea and I had my favourite cullen skink. then went to a lovely little coastal village and managed a short walk but too stony for me but just sat and enjoyed the peaceful surroundings. It was aovely day and recharged my batteries.
    Lost my soulmate so life is empty.

I can bear pain myself, he said softly, but I couldna bear yours. That would take more strength than I have -
    Diana Gabaldon, Outlander
  • SingleSue
    SingleSue Posts: 11,699 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Pyxis - we gave up buying the refills as it worked out cheaper for us to take anything we needed printing to the local print shop and have them print them out instead.

Youngest went in last Saturday to have his CV printed out, he handed them £2 and asked them to print out as many as that would cover.....he came out of the shop with a pile almost an inch think (mind you, I think he used the cute factor :rotfl:)
    We made it! All three boys have graduated, it's been hard work but it shows there is a possibility of a chance of normal (ish) life after a diagnosis (or two) of ASD. It's not been the easiest route but I am so glad I ignored everything and everyone and did my own therapies with them.
    Eldests' EDS diagnosis 4.5.10, mine 13.1.11 eekk - now having fun and games as a wheelchair user.
  • Waves_and_Smiles
    Waves_and_Smiles Posts: 5,263 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    edited 11 June 2016 at 12:05PM
    Options
    Morning all! Hope you feel better soon, Faerie! We can sit in the fort together with both our conditions flaring (whyyyyy is it so hot???).

We buy our printer ink from Asda for £10, although it is an old printer so ink is quite cheap really.

What a lovely day, Torry! So glad that you had fun!

I am a good partner! WaSp has wanted a Raspberry Pi Zero for ages. They are tiny little computers that only cost £4 but are very useful and quite powerful. It is almost impossible to find one and they sell out within literally minutes but I have been asking sites to notify if they get them in stock and I happened to be in my inbox at the time an email came through. WaSp now has one! He is going to be overjoyed!

ETA They were sold out 10 minutes from going on sale. You have to be fast with these little things!
    Until one has loved an animal a part of one's soul remains unawakened - Anatole France

If I knew that the world would end tomorrow, I would still plant apple trees today - Martin Luther King
  • elsien
    elsien Posts: 32,867 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Evening all - hope the quiet means you're all off doing something nice.

I have been to a food festival today, courtesy of groupon. Artisan gin appears to be the trend of the moment, bottles of the stuff. Shame I don't like gin.
    There was a very nice tasting herbal drink that you warm up and drink before bed to help you sleep if you're stressed/insomniac. I was tempted to give it a go but my sceptical (and cheapskate) side won out in the end.
    The mooch round the associated stately home was interesting as well.
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
  • Torry_Quine
    Torry_Quine Posts: 18,840 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    Wet and chilly here today. Forecast for tomorrow 11C but feels like 9C!
    Lost my soulmate so life is empty.

I can bear pain myself, he said softly, but I couldna bear yours. That would take more strength than I have -
    Diana Gabaldon, Outlander
  • onomatopoeia99
    onomatopoeia99 Posts: 6,970 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I got a free bottle of "artisan gin" with a case of wine (I get my vino mail order as I'm too lazy to go to the off licence :p and a dozen bottles lasts me about a year :o ). I haven't opened it yet as I'm not much of a gin enthusiast, will probably sit in my cupboard for years ...
    Proud member of the wokerati, though I don't eat tofu.Home is where my books are.Solar PV 5.2kWp system, SE facing, >1% shading, installed March 2019.Mortgage free July 2023
  • onomatopoeia99
    onomatopoeia99 Posts: 6,970 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    WaS, if WaSp ever gets a desire for a Pi model B (the original one which crashed the websites of Radio Spares and Farnell, the two biggest electronics suppliers in the UK, on the day of launch), then I have one which is sat gathering dust I'd be happy to send to you, would need a power supply and memory card to make it work and a screen that accepts HDMI connections.

I was using it as a mail server for a long time, but eventually replaced it with something else that had more processing power and memory as I wanted to do more complex things. Pretty sure it still works, but haven't powered it up in over a year.
    Proud member of the wokerati, though I don't eat tofu.Home is where my books are.Solar PV 5.2kWp system, SE facing, >1% shading, installed March 2019.Mortgage free July 2023
  • jobbingmusician
    jobbingmusician Posts: 20,343 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Intrepid Forum Explorer
    edited 12 June 2016 at 9:45AM
    Options
    Oh wow, ono, that sounds like a WONDERFUL offer - WaSP will be over the moon! Happy to be an intermediary if you wanna send it here to protect WaS details*.

*This is not an offer to steal the pi, honest! If you trawl back through these threads, you will see that a couple of times we have sent WaS a hamper for special occasions. I've assembled the stuff here and she has received it, honest! In fact the posts are very happy reading - hold on, I'll see if I can post a link :)

Here we go. http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=67122032&postcount=7230 onwards.
    I was a board guide here for many years, but have now resigned. Amicably, but I think it reflects very poorly on MSE that I have not even received an acknowledgement of my resignation! Poor show, MSE.

This signature was changed on 6.4.22. This is an experiment to see if anyone from MSE picks up on this comment.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback