manual assessment at Jag/Land Rover

Options

Comments

• punk84
    punk84 Posts: 245 Forumite
    Options
    To answer a few question. I had my interview about 3 weeks ago. Got the very same Email. I told them i had a holiday at the end of aug for a couple of days. The very day after my holiday ended ( just a weekend away, wouldn't have been working it anyway so should have just kept my mouth shut! ) i got the call. I got told they are looking at people who have no holidays booked etc and no notice to give on other jobs. Guys, keep the faith, my friend has told me they are still interviewing people, and as far as i am aware, the online assessment is still up on the website.

Also, thanks for all the supportive messages. I'v had a real crappy year. A part of me almost doesn't want to believe it, almost seems too good to be true. After sending out 1500 applications, for various jobs, to get something A) I would enjoy, B) Pays well) C right on my bloody doorstep!
  • JustD
    JustD Posts: 38 Forumite
    Options
    I got told they are looking at people who have no holidays booked etc and no notice to give on other jobs.

worrying since I told them I have to give a weeks notice.. I try not to burn any bridges in life but maybe that has cost me?
    Has anyone who had to give notice been given a job?
  • punk84
    Options
    JustD wrote: »
    worrying since I told them I have to give a weeks notice.. I try not to burn any bridges in life but maybe that has cost me?
    Has anyone who had to give notice been given a job?

I may be completely wrong, as other people have heard different things!
  • S.Wood_2
    Options
    Congratulations to all the ones that have passed, i just have the interview to go but as im only 19 and been in education up until now i have never had a interview for a job, so i have no idea what to expect, heard they ask you 18questions ? Confidence is a problem dont have much of it when it comes to speaking to someone in a formal manor. Can any1 help me out on some tips and possibly what kind of questions do they ask.

Thanks
  • punk84
    Options
    S.Wood wrote: »
    Congratulations to all the ones that have passed, i just have the interview to go but as im only 19 and been in education up until now i have never had a interview for a job, so i have no idea what to expect, heard they ask you 18questions ? Confidence is a problem dont have much of it when it comes to speaking to someone in a formal manor. Can any1 help me out on some tips and possibly what kind of questions do they ask.

Thanks

I'l stick to my word and help people now i have a reply.

The interivew i will try and set out for you. basically there will be about 6-8 of you, you get taken up to this room and fill out the usual forms around a table. You are then taken one by one ( depending on who finishes the forms first) for your interview. Basically all interviews take place in one room, so you will be able to see other people being interviews. CONCENTRATE ON YOUR OWN don't worry about what other people are saying or doing or how quick they finish. I was the first one in and the last one to finish!

The interview itself is relativly simple. They will ask you questions based around "tell me of a time when........ " That's as much as i can give u on specifics, as it wouldn't be fair to others. try and relax, google some questions regarding teamwork and answer them in your head, youl be suprised at how you can fit certain situations to a question.

Don't be afraid to stop and ask them to repeat the question, they are there to help you, try and keep to the point, if you find yourself waffeling stop, ask them to repeat, and then bring yourself back to the point. Don't be afraid to smile, let them know you are at ease in stressfull situations. Don't be offended of they are short with you, as they are looking for specifics to write down, don't worry about what they are writing, just answer the question to the best of your ability.

OK NOW IMPORTANT!

As someone who interviewed people in my last job, and has been on and passed the jag interview this is very very important. APPERANCE.
    I was shocked at how some people dressed to the interview. unkept hair, non ironed shirt, shirts not tucked in, dirty/scuffed shoes, the list is endless.

Wear a suit, and one that fits well if possible, and a nice formal shirt. ironed trousers and shirt, polished shoes. and a suit jacket. You have to remember this is a formal interview, and you have to potray the correct image, this is the only chance where they will meet you as a person, after this, they will either reject you, and you will be forgotten or you will get the job and become just another number. So this is your moment, and you want to give yourself the best possible chance. Don't let yourself down by doing silly things like chewing gum, ( It's fine until you enter the reception) Also, ensure your mobile is switched off, thats not on silent but OFF. You won't miss anything that important trust me!
    How to come across,

When some one introduces themselves to you, shake their hand firm, but not aggresive, smile, look into their eyes, or just above,on forhead but don't stare. speak loud and clear, you don't want them to have to ask you to speak up etc. sit upright and firm, like your paying attention. show your interested! show them you want this job! There are a million other people applying why should they hire you? Also, and just as important, think of at least two questions you want to ask them, you will get the oppertunity, it shows your intrested in the position and the company. Questions to avoid.

Money.
    and promotions ( some may disagree on this one)
    Anything regarding the company and where it's goals are and where they see themselves in 5 years or something like that.

if i think of anything else i will post it, sorry for rambling on, hope this helps. also excuse my spelling, done via phone!
  • dwclarke
    dwclarke Posts: 4 Newbie
    edited 5 September 2012 at 3:26PM
    Options
    no holidays planned or any notice to give so hopefully i will hear very soon about a start date with a bit of luck. The whole process for me only took 16 days from the 1st online assessment to the formal interview so lets hope it doesn't take weeks b4 i hear. thanks for response guys and good luck to the ones still in the early stages :)

I also forgot to ask. was it by email or phone call you received your start date?
  • jacko321
    Options
    does anybody no what the look for in the drugs test?, im a bodybuilder you see?
  • mjw071284
    Options
    Hi lads, just came across this thread on google and was wondering could someone answer a few questions for me. I'm an electrician and applied online for the skills trades position last week. Got an email today to do the online test and another email asking to schedule a date for an assessment event. It says on their website that the assessment centre consists of

A behavioural interview
    A technical interview
    A role play
    A group exercise
    A presentation
    Ability testing (e.g. verbal, numerical and diagrammatical )

Has anyone attended one of these centres after applying under the skilled trades position and do you have to preform these tasks for the electrical job or do the tasks differ for different positions.
  • bimma
    bimma Posts: 133 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    i start on monday 10th sept

7am

this is to anyone who has started espacially comb who started on 3rd

congrats on getting the job

any chance you put some info up on the thread regarding what your first couple of days were like what they entailed

did they ask you to bring in details of bank account / sort code anything to do with p45/payroll?

any tips/problems you encountered

thanks
  • simond224
    simond224 Posts: 73 Forumite
    edited 6 September 2012 at 12:12PM
    Options
    bimma wrote: »
    i start on monday 10th sept

7am

this is to anyone who has started espacially comb who started on 3rd

congrats on getting the job

any chance you put some info up on the thread regarding what your first couple of days were like what they entailed

did they ask you to bring in details of bank account / sort code anything to do with p45/payroll?

any tips/problems you encountered

thanks

Hi mate when did you get your sucessfull email ? and how long did you wait before you got the phonecall ? its been 2 weeks today since my interview so 2 weeks tomorrow since I got that email...

Also does anybody know if the castle brom plant is a 24hour operation?? I read somewere that the halewood plant is?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure