PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

OS Daily Tuesday 24th January

Options

Comments

• monnagran
    monnagran Posts: 5,284 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I'm hopping about in a frenzy this morning. I've received an offer on my mainland house, Waay below my bottom line but I'm so fed up with it all and I reckon that a bird in the hand........
    I'm not counting my chickens, (been here before) but I do feel encouraged.:j

So sorry.....Good morning everyone. I was too excited to remember my manners.:o

The rev is away for 2 days so I have been through the house like a dose of salts, knowing that it will stay that way till she gets back. A friend has just rung and said let's go out to lunch, so I don't even have to cook. A boiled egg will do me for tea.
    Am planning on emptying a few kitchen cupboards and throwing out things that I know we'll never use, have to take the opportunity while there is no-one here to say in horrified tones, "What are you DOING?"

esmf: for goodness sake REST. You don't sound as though you should even be out of bed.

JC: Well done on the weight loss. I know how hard it is and admire you muchly. Hard luck your DS though. These boys! when do we stop worrying about them?

Miffy: Fingers crossed for your DH. I do hope that the arrangements for the funeral go ahead smoothly. It's such a difficult time for you all.

Well, that's enough for now. I'll doubtless be back to see how you are doing.
    I believe that friends are quiet angels
    Who lift us to our feet when our wings
    Have trouble remembering how to fly.
  • jools27_2
    jools27_2 Posts: 1,155 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Have done 3 loads of washing, taken son to Dr's and printed off £47.50 worth of forgotten clubcard vouchers, very handy the day before payday, so am now off to Mr Ts to buy something yummy for dunner, no clue what yet though!
    RIP Iain
    13/11/63-22/12/12
  • Catmom
    Catmom Posts: 109 Forumite
    Options
    Helloooo :wave:
    Pleasant morning so far, its OH birthday and he had arranged the day off work, so I treated him to breakfast/cards/prezzies in bed. Plenty of Good Girl points earned there :D He's disappeared now to do something with his Golf Clubs, think its the driving range.....
    BM and WM on, Living Room lovely and sparkly clean, paperwork competed for Energy Supplier switch, not only saving £250 and getting £40 Cashback, but they've also given me a £40 voucher for Virgin Wine :beer:
    Might have to have a little looksee at their website in a bit.
    Still need to tackle the ironing after sorting out OH wardrobe/floordrobe, but I suppose its not going anywhere, might do HH today and tomorrow, that should make good inroads into it.
    Enjoy the rest of the day, and if you need/want a hug, have one of these :grouphug:
    Don't put it DOWN, put it AWAY! ;)
    You can't expect to Fly if you're still wearing your pyjamas! :j:j:j
  • notjustlaura
    Options
    I want to find out about any groups local to me that I could attend: craft, reading, any old thing really - just to make sure I don't lose touch with all human beings - any ideas? Our library is about 20 years out of date!

Have you looked at meetup.com?
    Household: Laura + William-cat
    Not Buying It in 2015
  • NoahsPennilessMummy
    Options
    not here much at the mo, but worried about the hens vent lol.
    is it just the lower part of her vent or has her oviduct prolapsed? If there is still some of it prolapsed it needs some purple spray on or the others may peck it as they are conditioned to peck at anything red....she may need separating if this happens?:o
  • uolypool
    uolypool Posts: 1,207 Forumite
    Options
    My lovely ladies , I have missed you all. Have had erratic internet over the past few days (which felt like an eternity). Ds is nearly mended, hand still in plaster but his face is doing well, swelling has gone , still very tender on that side but he is managing to eat normally again. We went to the police station to look at the photos , ds couldn't pick anyone out so he was gutted and left feeling very deflated. The police have been great with him, as have school. So unfortunately no closer to catching the bas***d who did it. :mad::mad:
    Wet and chilly here today, Heating kicked in at 6 this morning haven't wanted to turn it off yet:o. Wm is on, dw been on , Beef casserole in the slow cooker. House nice and tidy .

Dd gave me a letter this morn, the pe dept at school are running a trip to Austria £800:eek::eek::eek: there is no way on earth I can afford that , then spending money , passport and ski wear etc .So she is not a very happy girl at the moment.Feel sorry for her but she just has to understand that I just don't have that kind of money to splash out .
    She is going to Butlins in the Feb half term with one of her aunties so hopefully she will forget about it .....................ok ok not quite the same as 12 days in Austria but hey ho.

Right , am going to go back and do LOTS of catching up as have missed loads. Hugs for everyone :)
    Paul Walker , in my dreams;)
  • bargainbird
    bargainbird Posts: 3,771 Forumite
    Options
    Afternoon

Miffy - Thinking of you and yours xx Hope DH does well too
    JO - Hope you've got the tooth sorted x
    JC - Well done on your WL :T:T:T
    Uolypool- 800 :eek::eek:
    Bramble - Hope your feeling brighter xx

Been MIA we've tiled the front room :eek:, the mess was horrific but ordered has now been restored :T. No changes here.....have had a headache for the last 3 days think its stress/money worries :o.

Wet and orrible here today

Have good ones xx
    You know your getting old when you
    go to the pub sit outside
    and admire the hanging basket :cool:
    Is officially 48% tight :D
  • Swampmonster
    Options
    RosyRed wrote: »
    Morning :wave:,

Hope you get your tooth sorted JackieO.
    Esmf- poor you,panic attacks are horrible-hugs to you.
    Get better quick vibes to poorly people.

The beef stew is in the slow cooker.I'm doing the same as you Redruby,there is all sorts in there,lentils,pearl barley,veg,spuds you name it,to s t r e t ch it out.:rotfl:I made a carrot cake yesterday,plenty of that left yet.

DH and DS still have no work so Dh has gone off to the car auctions to see whats around,we need something cheaper when ours has gone.Glad he's gone out actually-it does my head in when they're all in all day :p-never get any peace.Might shut myself in my sewing room later :D I could make a top to cheer myself up,I have plenty of material stashed away.

We had a lovely few hours with DGD last night,DS2s ex dropped her off as she was going s'where with her Mum,who often just stays with her here to avoid to -ing & fro- ing,so we had her to ourselves :jShe had a play,then we bathed her,put pjs on and DS gave her her bottle,she had a little sleep and woke up with a big smile on her face ready to play again.

Going to make some bread rolls to have with our stew,better get on,
    hugs to anyone who wants one xx

Can I have your slow coker beef stew recipe please?

Just bought my first ever slow cooker and its still in the box three weeks later as I haven't got a clue what I'm doing!
    So your beef stew recipe will be fabulous as you tried it out for me!! ;)
    Thanks! :T
  • nannygladys
    nannygladys Posts: 3,080 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hi everyone
    Been MIA the last few days no real reason, just work and not felt like going onto the computer:( just been sitting at home feeling sorry for myself:(

Feeling a bit more positive now, I get like this sometimes dont know why and it doesnt happen that often, anyway less of me and I really hope all you posters are feeling well and positive and those who arent I hope you feel better very soon.

Its very cold and miserable here today and I had planned on going out and walking to the shops and CS to take some stuff in, but its thats horrible fine rain and Im sat here all wrapped up with the curtains closed and fire and candles on:)

Anyway have to think what Im having for dinner, so Ill love you and leave you
    Jxx
    2024 is going to be a positive year for me, and it's starting now!! 
    Buys: All budgeted and paid by cash!
    Jan - fridge/freezer
              Hoover
    Feb - milk frother, curtain pole x2, roller blind - bathroom, toilet seat, bath sink taps, kitchen sink waste unit and an extra double electric socket.
    March - raised bed for garden, bathroom cabinet, roller blind - kitchen
    April - nothing
    May - 
  • camelot1001
    camelot1001 Posts: 6,029 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Afternoon All
    Welcome to the new folk, it's good here!
    JackieO that tooth sounds painful, had the same thing myself last year and I feel your pain - both literally and financially!
    Hope those feeling poorly and/or down feel better soon.

Busy day at work today, non-stop children who couldn't get out to play as the weather was too wet. Woke up to snow this morning but it soon went with the rain. Finished the scarf I was knitting for DS2, will take it to him on Sunday when I visit - we are apparently going to a car boot sale!

Stir fry prawns for me tonight and baked pot for DD. Will just stay in and knit tonight as it's cold, damp and miserable. Did manage to clear blocked gutters earlier but my poor hands were frozen and that was with rubber gloves on!

Take care. XX
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport