No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries in January 2015

Options

Comments

• wondercollie
    wondercollie Posts: 1,591 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I'm delurking and back to give it another go.

I've been good and re-organized the stash. There is more space under the bathroom sink, things aren't piled two layers of boxes high.

I will admit to falling for the after Christmas gift pack sell off. Bought a Neutrogena set, I've been wanting to try their pink grapefruit cleansing line and managed to get all the products I wanted to in the set for less than $10. A Nivea set for $7 with four products that were all things that will be used, a bottle of the body wash runs $5.97, so a good deal. And finally, a Marcelle Vitamin C gift bag with five products and a really nice black clutch bag for $20 which would cover the cost of roughly 1.5 products.

I have cleared out a few things. An Essence khaki green eyeliner, I liked the colour and the fact that it was the twisty self sharpener and it's cheap enough to be a buy again. Three lipstick/glosses finished. Scraped the ends out and put in two separate pots. One is my favourite, now discontinued Chanel one. So that's being hoarded.

Managed to move two purple nail polishes off to my son's gf. Yay!

And I will finish the very last face wipe in my stash tonight!!!! Guess we never thought we'd see that happen. I've been looking around the drugstore (because I refuse to spend more than $6 on a packet) and found that it is cheaper to buy two travel packs of one brand than a "regular" one.
  • Pleut
    Pleut Posts: 535 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    09/01/15

IN -
    Caudalie – Vinoperfect Radiance Serum
    Stila – Lipglaze 'Glamour'
    HealGel – Intensive
    Philip Kingsley – Body Building Conditioner

Olay – Sensitive Night Cream
    Revitale – Deeply Absorbant Nose Strips
    Ofra – Eyebrow Pencil 'Universal'
    New to this money saving lark. Any tips greatly received.

No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries 2018 - Not going well!!
  • dolly84
    dolly84 Posts: 5,851 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Welcome back Kiss Prudence and Wondercollie.

Kiss Prudence - I would expect to get more than 10 applications from a 100ml tube of face mask I think 20 applications is probably about right.

I have a couple of teeny uu

2 x sachets Beautannia Brighton Shower Gel
    2x sachets Beautannia Brighton Body Lotion

I don't normally mention sachets but did with these because they were gorgeous, they smell quite a lot like Elemis Sharp Shower but salty and coastal and I can still smell the body lotion on my skin this morning.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 28/66
  • VALM
    VALM Posts: 5,846 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    dolly84 wrote: »
    Welcome back Kiss Prudence and Wondercollie.

Kiss Prudence - I would expect to get more than 10 applications from a 100ml tube of face mask I think 20 applications is probably about right.

I have a couple of teeny uu

2 x sachets Beautannia Brighton Shower Gel
    2x sachets Beautannia Brighton Body Lotion

I don't normally mention sachets but did with these because they were gorgeous, they smell quite a lot like Elemis Sharp Shower but salty and coastal and I can still smell the body lotion on my skin this morning.

They sound gorgeous dolly. You do have some lovely products.

No UUs today but have remembered to use face mask today which I need to start doing regularly. Painted my nails again last night and am wearing nude Nail Envy.
    Back for the No Buying Toiletries challenge. I pledge to only buy when I run out of a product that is not already in my stash no matter what wonderful emails land in in my Inbox or threads I read on MSE re: glitches!

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
  • rosemary54
    rosemary54 Posts: 2,495 Forumite
    Options
    still no new buys and trying to sell some bs stuff had for ages(body butter bought loads when cheap but far too many to use!)doing well with my new ventures selling flower arrangements and jewellery,got an order for wedding flowers in July,not making much as girl is on a budget but will get me known more,a girl coming today for some flowers and another for jewellery :)
  • Kiss_Prudence
    Options
    Thanks Dolly84. You are right about the face pack. The packaging said 10 applications, I know not to believe it now!

Thanks VLAM for giving me the idea to paint my nails. I don't have buckets of nail polish but I do have some. My toe nails looks nice with polish so I will do that tonight!

You guys inspire me, and I need that after Christmas.

Later..
  • Dazedandconfused
    Options
    Used up- superdrug orange shower gel - love it will prob buy again at some point

Used up - antiseptic mouthwash and just went to open my new one and it's loads out of date. Do you think it would still be ok to use?
  • Willowbee
    Willowbee Posts: 713 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    Happy weekend, everyone! :)

I'm still feeling the temptation of sales and special offers but I must be good ;)

I've finally caught up with myself, totals wise. I used up 18 things in December and that brought my total for the year (I can't remember which month I rejoined) to 278 items UU :)

Like VALM, I'm starting my count again. I have 8 UU for Jan so far:

1. Weleda Pomegrante Firming Day Cream (7ml) - WNBA. Love Weleda but this is too rich for my skin.

2. Paul Mitchell Instant Moisture Daily Shampoo 300ml - WBA. Loved this. I have another one in stock from the Regis sale in August.

3. Paul Mitchell The Detangler Super Rich Conditioner 300ml - WBA (as above)

4. NEOM Complete Bliss Moroccan Blush Rose Hand Cream (50ml) - WNBA as I had to throw this away. It had separated and gone off. Very short shelf life compared to other things I have :(

5. Bliss Daily Detoxifying Facial Toner (200ml) - HURRAH! So glad this has gone. What a LHJ. Nothing wrong with it but nothing that great either (esp if full price). WNBA

6. Sisleya Global Anti-Age Moisturiser (5ml) - fun to try something so fancy but didn't suit my skin at all. WNBA even if it was much cheaper! :rotfl:

7. Origins Make A Difference Plus Serum (15ml) - loved this but it's expensive. WBA if it was in a gift set or a GWP offer as it worked really well.

8. Origins Ginger Essence Perfume (50ml) - I adore this! WBA and have done so in the sales :j I only use this in the Autumn/Winter and the bottle lasted two years.

I'll list my INs next but I'm going to split the post or it'll be too long!
  • cw18
    cw18 Posts: 8,624 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Used up - antiseptic mouthwash and just went to open my new one and it's loads out of date. Do you think it would still be ok to use?
    Just been to find the date on mine - and it doesn't appear to have one!

But I know I've not bought any in 8 years !!!!

Been using almost daily since November, and don't think I've suffered for it :)
    Cheryl
  • Willowbee
    Willowbee Posts: 713 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    INs from December 2014 onwards

Oh my, this is a lot :o I think it's more than I bought all of last year! All will be a great pleasure to UU though and despite everything, toiletries are still the present that make me happiest.

Christmas presents first:

L'Occitane Pivone candle
    L'Occitane Pivone soap
    L'Occitane Lavender shower gel (75ml)
    L'Occitane Cherry Blossom shower gel (75ml)
    L'Occitane Almond shower oil (75ml)
    L'Occitane Shea Hand Cream (10ml)
    L'Occitane Divine Youth Oil scahet

Neal's Yard Remedies Seaweed and Arnica Foaming Bath (200ml)
    Neal's Yard Remedies Nuturing Rose Shampoo (200ml)
    Neal's Yard Remedies Soothing Bath Oil (100ml)
    Body Shop Japanese Cherry Blossom Puree Body Lotion (50ml?)

Scottish Fine Soap Company White Lily Soap (tin) (100g)
    Rituals Dragon Mud Volcanic Body Scrub (70ml)
    Aromatherapy Associates Miniature Bath and Shower Oil Collection (27ml)

Now for my sale shopping (I'm keeping you company, Dolly!)

Korres set
    Guava Body Butter (125ml)
    Nourishing Hand Cream (75ml)
    Mandarin Lip Butter stick (rose)
    Wild Rose 24hr moisturising Cream (16ml)

REN set
    Moroccan Rose Otto Body Wash (50ml)
    Moroccan Rose Otto Body Lotion (50ml)
    Revivo-Tonic Invigorating Body Wash (50ml)
    Revivo-Tonic Revitalising Body Cream (50ml)

Origins set
    Origins Ginger Essence Perfume (50ml)
    Origins Ginger Essence Souffle (125ml)
    Origins Ginger Essence Shower Gel (100ml)

REN sets (SpaceNK sale)
    Hydra Calm Global Protection Day Cream 50ml
    Hydra Calm Youth Defence Serum 30ml
    Hydra Calm Cleansing Gel 25ml
    Tonic Moisture Mist 50ml
    Max Moisture Concentrate 30ml
    Active 7 Radiant Eye Gel 3ml
    Glycolactic Radiance Renewal Mask (15ml)
    Bio Retinoid Anti-Ageing Concentrate (30ml)
    Bio Retinoid Anti-Ageing Cream (50ml)
    Keep Young and Beautiful Anti-Ageing Eye Cream (3ml)
    Resurfacing AHA Concentrate (2ml)

Space NK Daily Fix Bath Soak (150ml)

Aromatherapy Associates Instant Inner Strength roller ball
    Aromatherapy Associates Renewing Rose Body Cream (200ml), Renewing Rose Body Wash (40ml) and Support Equilibrium Bath & Shower Oil (7.5ml)
    Aromatherapy Associates Inner Strength Bath Oil (7.5ml)

My best buys were the REN skincare (my HG brand, I think) and the Origins Ginger perfume set (a planned purchase). I had been watching the Korres value set for a few months and it finally came down to £12 so I'm happy with that. The rest was impulsive...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure