PPI Reclaiming Discussion Part 5

Options

Comments

• Squidling68
    Options
    I recently was sent a letter by Santander to notify me that a previously rejected PPI claim on my mortgage(July 2014) could be reviewed as a result of the recent Plevin case. I resubmitted and have had this rejected on the basis that I had taken out a further advance on the Mortgage (on different terms and completely separate payments) on the 18th June 2009. It seems quite strange that I opened the Mortgage and PPI on the 5th June 2002 and this was still in place after the 6th April 2008. Has anyone any advice as to whether this would be worth challenging?
    Thank you
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Ask the Bank to clarify exactly why your complaint was rejected..
  • fh2901
    fh2901 Posts: 15 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi all, I couldn't see an exact answer to my particular predicament, so I thought I'd ask on the offchance someone can advise.

I tried to claim in the early days through FSCS against a broker that has long since gone bust (I think - or they may have just wound up), but was told that because I couldn't provide evidence and because the company no longer existed, I wasn't eligible.

It was for my first ever mortgage, back in 1994, which ran through until about 2004/5. I know I was mis-sold: broker pushed me towards an interest only with endowment as he said they were best (I was only 23/24 so didn't know better). He also told me I'd need, and so I took out, at least one accompanying policy, but I can't remember whether it was accident, illness, critical illness or what, nor how long I had the policy/ies for before I cancelled!

With Plevin though, I'm wondering if there's any point at all in trying again, and if so, how on earth I put together a case?! I can remember the name of the company, the broker, the mortgage company and the endowment provider, but no more than that sadly.

Any thoughts from the hivemind would be very welcome!
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    fh2901 wrote: »
    I tried to claim in the early days through FSCS against a broker that has long since gone bust (I think - or they may have just wound up), but was told that because I couldn't provide evidence and because the company no longer existed, I wasn't eligible.
    A Plevin refund would still require you to provide the same evidence lacking from your earlier complaint.
  • LeanneD0712
    Options
    Just wondered if anyone could advise me. I made a PPI claim in 2014 with Capital One and they flatly refused to pay. Absolute rubbish at to why it was rejected, but that’s another story,

I recently applied using the high commission Plevin as a reason and they sent an award letter within 5 days. But, this is where is gets silly. They awarded me £998, but they have awarded(their words) £917 to my credit card and will send me a cheque for £81.

I have raised a complaint questioning why they made that decision on my behalf and that I wanted a cheque for the full amount. I’m not in debt with them and my limit is really small. Think it’s £2,200.

Am I being unreasonable and should I receive that money rather than them keeping it.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    I have raised a complaint questioning why they made that decision on my behalf and that I wanted a cheque for the full amount. I’m not in debt with them and my limit is really small. Think it’s £2,200.
    Are you in arrears with payments to this card? If not, I think you are correct to expect the redress payment to go direct to you.
  • LeanneD0712
    Options
    No, not in arrears.

I rang to query why and the arrogance was astounding. Constant ‘that is our final decisin’. That added to me wanting to raise a complaint too
  • lj66
    Options
    I am trying to make a claim against Lloyds for PPI taken out on my mortgage in approx. 1993 - they are saying that they have no record of this mortgage even though I have given them details of the Lloyds account that the payments were made from.

Is there anything I can do??
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    After 24 years, no.
  • Knees99
    Options
    Hi there, I'm New to forums so not sure if I'm posting correctly. I have found some old bank statements out showing payments been took out from old loans my wife and I took out dating back to the late 90s. One is Lombard bank and the other is capital bank. I am wondering if I can use these for ppi reclaim as it shows what looks like an account number on the statement. I am sure we would have had ppi on these loans at time.
    Thanks Chris
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure