Pay off mortgage and start having fun!

Options

Comments

• Moneyfordreams
    Options
    Xmas already??? I haven't had my summer holiday yet :)
    Our Xmas will be started when I get paid in November .... :o
    Mortgage restart June 2018 £119950Re mortgage August 19 £110470, … Mortgage November 22 £85600 final 0% CC 3300Home renovations - £65000, mid 2018 - mid 2022
  • newgirly
    newgirly Posts: 8,942 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I like to stretch it out as much as possible :D all prep and shopping done well before December if possible, then plenty of time and hopefully enough cash left for various Xmas nights out :beer:
    2022 MFW 67 - 33 month challenge to clear mortgage, month 17 completed and and extra 2 knocked off 🙂MFI3 No.12
  • newgirly
    Options
    Great meal out for little brothers birthday last night in Hoxton, today am off with 19 ladies to the proms at the park, dressed in red white and blue with Union Jack shoe laces :rotfl: dad and brother are at the Albert hall again for last night so I'll be watching out for them :D

Mortgage wise no news, new credit cards have not arrived so I'm using the old one still and am on budget so far this month, although that may well not last :o
    2022 MFW 67 - 33 month challenge to clear mortgage, month 17 completed and and extra 2 knocked off 🙂MFI3 No.12
  • Spamtastic
    Options
    Any plans to see IT? I remember you're mad keen on all things dark and spooky.
  • smallholdingsister
    Options
    Enjoy the Proms.
  • michelle09
    Options
    Ditto! We don't buy for many people but it's almost all planned - buy in sections every month so December isn't too painful.

Enjoy the proms. :)
  • newgirly
    Options
    Spamtastic wrote: »
    Any plans to see IT? I remember you're mad keen on all things dark and spooky.

We saw IT on Friday- I loved it :D it felt like a proper retro eighties king movie, lots of fun and I recommend it.

Thanks Michelle and shs, the proms was good but different to what I expected, ive only been to the actual proms at the Albert hall before and assumed it would be the whole last night beamed live across to us with a few warm up live acts first -it wasn't :o we saw ray Davis, steps, Texas and Elaine page - then the last half hour /45 mins of the actual proms. But it was a good day and I met some nice ladies who clearly know how to set up a comfortable large picnic area :rotfl: great food and dozens (yes dozens :eek: ) of bottles of booze! I am just an amateur as I switched to Coke!

No proper plans for today, dh has popped to work for a while, ill do a bit of ironing and housework and maybe go to the cinema with him later. Also need a trial run of packing to see what I have for Tuscany which is in less than two weeks, I'm starting to panic slightly now :eek:
  • smallholdingsister
    Options
    Tuscany how exciting!! Bet the weather is fab there in September.
  • newgirly
    Options
    Fairly lazy day yesterday, went to see 'The Limehouse Golem' with ds2 and dh with our Cineworld cards, quite enjoyable. Now the summer holidays are over there should be a lot less kids films and more for us to see, plus its nice and cosy in the colder weather. Its always good to get our money's worth :D

Just topped up Dds oyster and put a bonus £25 in her current account for food as she has been spending way more time at her boyfriend's lately (who lives with his dad and sisters) the last couple of weeks, she is always broke as the little she does earn is going in her isa to buy some where in the future, too sensible for her own good!

I need to get a new 2018 diary soon as I do my financial planning in it, I'm really looking forward to next year as fingers crossed it will be the last whole year that we have a mortgage :eek: I can't believe we have not succumbed to moving/extending/buying a mini :rotfl: I wouldn't mind making a future plan for when it has gone and what needs doing to the house first.
  • newgirly
    Options
    Both new credit cards arrived yesterday :T statement dates are about the 7th and 8th of the month, so about a week later than he current one. The shopping centre one needs three levels of spending reaching so I will start using it now so I'll get some vouchers before Xmas.

It means the budget will have to stretch to another week though. Thinking about targets for the rest of this year, spending on social pastimes rockets in the last part.

This year so far planned for oct-Nov:

OCTOBER:

Harry Potter studio tour (again!) with dd- tickets bought, need money for chocolate frogs, will take packed lunch, petrol -£20?

Halloween- either spooky dinner party for family or takeaway £30-100?

Visit the princes Charles cinema for a horror film night with dh and kids £50?

NOVEMBER:

Prince exhibition at the o2 with drinks and dinner after (dhs birthday present) £70?

Cruise to Amsterdam , paid for but need to pay petrol, spending money, tips and parking £500?

Night at Xmas market with best friend and our dhs' , very posh hotel, all meals and drinks out and spending £500?

DECEMBER:

Ticket and drinks /meal to dreamgirls with the girly group of friends £55-100?

Queen and Adam lambert gig with dd , best friend and mum -tickets bought earlier in year (£150 each :eek:) £20 for fares and a drink

Yearly Xmas day out with best friend , breakfast locally, afternoon tea in a trendy hotel, drinks at the ice bar, show , dinner and shopping, possible black cabs if tired £150-200?

Meal out locally just before Xmas with best friend and our dhs £100

Xmas show or cinema with dd, mum and aunt £100?

Pre xmas "Xmas dinner" at home for family in December £40?

Some of this is budgetted for £1000 savings in time for the cruise and hotel night, everything else needs paying for :eek: £635- £800 ish it probably seems bonkers to spend all that, but personally it's my favourite time of year and I'd rather do all that than a summer holiday. (Although we did actually have a summer holiday this year, even if I was ill, the whole time :rotfl:)

It's going to be ridiculously tight as I still need to buy some presents too.

Perhaps a budget of £500pm for food /petrol /misc. with a further £300 for autumn/ Xmas shenanigans and to try and stash a bit more away for presents.

This will be from oct- Dec, and I will try to trim costs as much as possible on some of the treats, :xmastree:
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback