Our new Sky Haggling guide - please share your feedback

Options

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 5,186 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I currently have an offer for new customers that expires in May whereby I pay £35 a month for Sky+HD with all channels including sports and movies. Does anyone know if there is much chance of successfully negotiating a decent deal for next year or am I better off bracing myself for a good financial kicking should I want to stay with Sky?

I'd also be interested in adding broadband and basic phone package to my Sky as I'm not that impressed with BT who I've been with for the last year. Is this something I should mention on first contact or negotiate the TV and then try and join B'band as a new customer?

Thanks very much
    Definitely mention the BB, they want people on quad play if possible so should cut a better deal. If it's just ADSL you're looking for it's just line rental charge of £18.99 plus a £75 pre-paid card at the moment,
  • andrewmp
    andrewmp Posts: 1,754 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I currently have an offer for new customers that expires in May whereby I pay £35 a month for Sky+HD with all channels including sports and movies. Does anyone know if there is much chance of successfully negotiating a decent deal for next year or am I better off bracing myself for a good financial kicking should I want to stay with Sky?

I'd also be interested in adding broadband and basic phone package to my Sky as I'm not that impressed with BT who I've been with for the last year. Is this something I should mention on first contact or negotiate the TV and then try and join B'band as a new customer?

Thanks very much

Just give notice to cancel TV when the times comes. You'll probably end up paying less if you hold your nerve.
  • redmalc
    redmalc Posts: 1,433 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Does anyone know what the 60% discount is actually off because there are a lot of channels that are not included in the discount offered
  • mije1983
    mije1983 Posts: 3,665 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    redmalc wrote: »
    Does anyone know what the 60% discount is actually off because there are a lot of channels that are not included in the discount offered

The whole package excluding HD and multiscreen usually unless you haggle for a discount on those as well. Although it doesn't discount the premium channels that you have to pay extra for on top of your subscription. Are these the channels you are talking about?
  • brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,509 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options

I got 60% off all the "channels" (Box sets plus Sport) - without really pressing I also got 60% off the HD pack but when my s-i-l "negotiated" he couldn't get a discount of any size on the multiroom payment. Are you paying extra for certain specific channels eg football club ones ??
  • redmalc
    redmalc Posts: 1,433 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    No sky sports and movies are not included they advised
  • zaffy
    zaffy Posts: 6 Forumite
    Options
    Hi All,
    Am interested in your thoughts please,
    Had Sky for 14 years and love it though customer service is poor,
    Each year I ask for a discount and they give me between 5 and 10 pounds off my 65quid contract ,
    However this year they have offered 20 quid pm off but say I have to be in an 18 month contract,
    Dont want 18 months but they simply wouldn't budge dispite 3 calls an me telling them folk on here are still getting half price deals on a 12 month contract.
    So I've given noticed probably rather rashly as I dont want to leave but I'm praying for a 50%offer but its been a week and there's nothing.
    Please give a rash man some advice/pointers.
    Regards Zaffy.
  • mije1983
    mije1983 Posts: 3,665 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    No sky sports and movies are not included they advised

You need to haggle harder then ;)

I've always had the discount off sports & movies as standard.
  • Shanti0912
    Shanti0912 Posts: 15 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 18 March 2017 at 5:12PM
    Options
    My Sky 1yr promo offer on the original bundle, BB & evening & weekend calls ended last month. The bill increased from £31.40 to £54.45. I just called Sky the best they could do was £43 per month with a NHS discount (I work at the local hospital). If I stopped the evening & weekend calls they'd take it down to £34 per month. I asked if I could pay £35 and stay on the package I'm on ... he said no.

I told him I was going to look around for another provider and call back to cancel. He said Sky couldn't do a better deal.

It doesn't seem as though Sky are doing any deals. Has anybody else found this or should I try again?
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    zaffy wrote: »
    Hi All,
    Am interested in your thoughts please,
    Had Sky for 14 years and love it though customer service is poor,
    Each year I ask for a discount and they give me between 5 and 10 pounds off my 65quid contract ,
    However this year they have offered 20 quid pm off but say I have to be in an 18 month contract,
    Dont want 18 months but they simply wouldn't budge dispite 3 calls an me telling them folk on here are still getting half price deals on a 12 month contract.
    So I've given noticed probably rather rashly as I dont want to leave but I'm praying for a 50%offer but its been a week and there's nothing.
    Please give a rash man some advice/pointers.
    Regards Zaffy.
    You'd have to tell us what exactly you get for your £65 and what the £20 discount applied to.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback