Origin Broadband - any good

Options

Comments

• 50Twuncle
    50Twuncle Posts: 10,763 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Beware of poor customer service - see posts on this thread from last month !!
  • glider3560
    glider3560 Posts: 4,115 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Mine was rejected 4 Months after paying 12 Months upfront :(
    I'm on three months and it is still pending. Not yet confirmed.

I don't hold out much hope, TBH.
  • newtonflotman
    Options
    Been with them around one and half years now. On 76mb fibre. Excellent customer service. Speeds very good constantly 65mb+. They quickly sorted an issue out where Openreach had disconnected caller display by mistake. Would highly recommend. Been with BT, Sky and Talk Talk before would never go back .
  • Greyslates
    Options
    I too believed MSE and have now paid the price, i signed up and paid for 12 month just 8 days before Donotdealwithorigin, I regret it so much. Everything described by the OP is happening to me including the slowest broadband I have ever received since BB was invented. Keep away from these cowboys.
  • glider3560
    glider3560 Posts: 4,115 Forumite
    Options
    I notice that the capital structure (shares) of Origin Broadband Ltd changed in December/January, to create new non-voting shares. These appear to be owned by an investment company. So it would appear Origin have received a substantial investment by investors.

Things are looking up. Hopefully the investment will result in improved customer service.

Edited to add: it's a £3m investment (details at https://www.calculuscapital.com/investment/origin-broadband/)
  • Honda2ner
    Options
    C'mon MSE, I signed up to Origin after reading about them on MSE and what a bunch of total crooks they are.

Tell the truth, they are proper crap and nobody should go near them, let alone pay them. Do everyone a favour and scrub Origin from the MSE site ASAP.
  • mpeg
    Options
    I joined Origin last month and have been very unhappy so far. Broadband wouldn't work for quite a few days at the start and the wait for someone to answer the phone is 20-30 minutes - I had to call it over 6 times to speak to the technical team until they found a permanent solution. They don't respond to the online chat for about the same length of time. I received a bill at the end of January which I wasn't expecting so e-mailed billing@origin-broadband.co.uk on the 30th Jan and the 3rd Feb but still haven't had a response. I spoke to them today (26 minute wait!) and they said lots of people are off so they have a big backlog of e-mails. You also can't log in to the website at the moment as that is undergoing maintenance and has been for the last few weeks. I would advise people not to join them at the moment. Unless you like spending lots of time on hold! I'm going to be putting in a complaint to them, I'll see where that gets me.
  • EdwardB
    EdwardB Posts: 462 Forumite
    Options
    Well they all had to start somewhere, I remember when TalkTalk used to be competitive, said they employed 2,500 people in call centres and were committed to improving service, hold on bad example they are still poor. OK I remember EE, damn another bad example! OVO for Energy maybe was same, poor at begining while they ramped up but now they are not the cheapest.

Truth is that these deals are funded by MSE, they give up some of their affiliate commission to get the deal and sending it to 9 million subscribers has the habit of testing the capacity of providers.

I thought the Post Office were the woest based on comments here.

To their credit MSE do usually create a Top Pick thread to get feedback on how a company is doing and I think they stated they were a new name.

Goodness knows we need more vendors (not re-badgers) and the deal was nothing to write home about anyway. I am still on £61 for the year with Sky, I will go back to mifi if no deal to hop onto in June.
    Please be nice to all MoneySavers. That’s the forum motto. Remember, the prime aim is to help provide info and resources. If you don’t like someone, their situation, their question or feel they’re intruding on ‘your board’ then please bite the bullet and think of the bigger issue. :cool::)
  • bristolleedsfan
    Options
    mpeg wrote: »
    . You also can't log in to the website at the moment as that is undergoing maintenance and has been for the last few weeks.

I can login ;)

"We have created a user account for you to use with our Customer Portal, we wanted to give you exclusive access because you're part of our beta group"
  • bristolleedsfan
    Options
    glider3560 wrote: »
    I'm on three months and it is still pending. Not yet confirmed.

I don't hold out much hope, TBH.

I will get the cashback one way or another I always do. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure