CCJ no longer pursued but...

Options
Hi, hoping someone can help please..

I moved house over two years ago and it wasn't until earlier this year I received a redirected letter addressed to my old address saying that a CCJ I knew nothing about was "no longer being pursued".. upon looking at my credit file I realised it was for a parking fine from over three years ago. My question is, if it's not being pursued, what does it mean? And how do I go about removing it? Will it cost me anything? I'm trying to get credit for a loan and not getting very far so need to do something ASAP. Thanks for any advice you can provide.

Comments

• DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    You say over 3 years ago, is it 3 and a half years, 4, 5 or 6 ?

What aren't you getting very fat with ? Do you mean with getting a loan ?
  • Black_Berry81kc
    Options
    The CCJ was put on my report in July 2014 for a parking fine in February 2013.

I've applied for credit once (for some window shutters) and got refused and I've tried to apply online for a loan and been refused. The only other thing that's negative on my credit report is the electoral roll as for some reason we weren't on it but we are now and have been since August 2015.
  • pappa_golf
    pappa_golf Posts: 8,895 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    who got the ccj agsainst you , was it a private parking company , and the approx. date please
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,925 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Hi,

You may as well stop applying for credit, as you won't be accepted with a CCJ on your record (not by mainstream lenders anyway).

You cannot have it removed.

It will fall off your file six years after the judgement date.

Only then will your credit file repair itself.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • Black_Berry81kc
    Options
    Yes it was a private parking company the date I got fined was in Feb 2013 but I had no idea they had put a CCJ on me which was issued in July 2014
  • Black_Berry81kc
    Options
    Just found the paperwork, I had a "notice of discontinuance" sent to me in October 2015 from debt enforcement and action ltd
  • pappa_golf
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    if you have a ccj , then they took you to court and got a default in your absence debt enforcement and action ltd were working for CEL

do if they took you to court wwhy would they be giving you a "notice of discontinuance" now?

you can apply fpor a set adide for this but you will have to be quick and it will cost you £255 , after this they may retry court but with help from the parking forum you would win

just a quick question , the ticket was it whilst you were parked or a member of staff at a coop store?
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • Black_Berry81kc
    Options
    Thanks for the reply, it was while I was parked.. I had no idea it was a limited time car park and was photographed.

Why would I need to be quick to get it set aside? I do t understand what a letter of discontinuance is either!
  • pappa_golf
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I do not understand the letter either , however there is something "funny" going on with DEAL , and a huge test case (private parking) that was adjurned (50 people) but then disappeared from all court records , this case was coop and coop staff

for a moment I thought I had found the missing link

you have to apply for a set aside within a set time of knowing about it
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • Black_Berry81kc
    Options
    Well funnily enough it was a coop car park!! If you could find the link I would be very grateful- thank you.

I've probably missed the deadline now as it's been over a year :(
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport