Sports Direct

Options

Comments

• amerste
    amerste Posts: 182 Forumite
    Options
    tomtontom, I would not require your assistance anytime. If you don't know why, shut up and go away to annoy others. I just thought it unusual not to give a location, but with your replies I can understand why.
  • custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    amerste wrote: »
    Again, learn something. Tesco, John Lewis, Robert Dyas do not charge to deliver to their own stores.

So glad to be taught
    Click & collect services

Available 7 days a week from John Lewis and selected Waitrose shops. This service is free for orders over £30.
    There's a £2 delivery charge for orders below £30
    Order by 8pm today, collect after 2pm tomorrow
    Order by 2pm and pick up your order from your local Collect+ outlet - £3.50. We'll text you when it's ready (usually next day)
    Click+Collect with Tesco direct enables you to shop in a way that suits you. You can collect your order from any Tesco store* so you can pick the most convenient store for you, from a large Extra to your local Express. With a 5pm cut-off time for next day collection** it’s a great option if you want your order quickly; however, we will keep your order at the collection point for 14 days if you can’t make it to the store right away. Click+Collect is free for orders of £30 or more. For orders under £30, you will be charged £2 for delivery.

you will also note my location is posted since it matters to you. Are we having square goes?
  • tomtontom
    tomtontom Posts: 7,929 Forumite
    Options
    tomtontom, I would not require your assistance anytime. If you don't know why, shut up and go away to annoy others. I just thought it unusual not to give a location, but with your replies I can understand why.

I wouldn't know, I don't generally check a person's location. Is it in any way relevant?

Your understanding of store delivery policies seems a little flawed. If you want to ask any questions to clarify we'll be happy to answer if we can :p
  • mije1983
    mije1983 Posts: 3,665 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited 7 March 2016 at 8:50PM
    Options
    They offer cheap goods for a reason and have to make up for it somewhere along the line. Little in the way of additional consumer rights over and above the law, and charge for every delivery. You can't have everything.

Surely if you disagree with their business model, you just shop elsewhere? They are allowed to charge whatever they want, just the same as you are free to shop there or not.
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 7 March 2016 at 8:53PM
    Options
    DCFC79, can't agree on your point as this company delivers nationwide to it's shops with it's own vehicles from it's own warehouse.

As I say I did say "maybe" it happens like I said.

Get a job working at SD if you want and maybe you could find out for sure.

JL (and Tesco too) charge for click and collect orders if under £30 and a £2 charge will be added or free if more than £30.

Just a repeat of what Custardy posted.
  • marcarm
    marcarm Posts: 1,205 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    OP would probably be happy to pay £9.99 with free click and collect though.
  • daytona0
    daytona0 Posts: 2,358 Forumite
    Options
    Haha I just pray that you aren't buying anything Newcastle United related! The price of those goods will be lower when we are playing in the championship next season!

(To those not clued up, Mike Ashley owns the majority share of Sports Direct and also owns Newcastle United).

Mind you, please bear in mind that Sports Direct don't even tend to stock Newcastle United shirts (even in Newcastle!) so don't always assume that they "they deliver to stores frequently." :p
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Ted_Terry wrote: »
    I've just bought some wellies on eBay for £10.99 + free P&P, same wellies on Sports Direct £8.99 + £4.99 P&P... needless to say eBay got my sale!

Were they green wellies?
  • makemesumdosh
    Options
    Will not buy from this company, yes prices may be cheap but look at the bigger picture,
    most staff on zero hours contract.
    Staff have to queue up to be searched when they leave the distribution centre (Shirebrook) this time waiting is unpaid.
    What chance have young people got when they cannot secure mortgages, loans or rental agreements when they cannot prove what hours they work on a regular basis.
  • daytona0
    daytona0 Posts: 2,358 Forumite
    Options
    Will not buy from this company, yes prices may be cheap but look at the bigger picture,
    most staff on zero hours contract.
    Staff have to queue up to be searched when they leave the distribution centre (Shirebrook) this time waiting is unpaid.
    What chance have young people got when they cannot secure mortgages, loans or rental agreements when they cannot prove what hours they work on a regular basis.

I worked for an employer for a year on a zero hour contract. Nothing wrong with it! Also, funny how you don't hear about other companies in the newspapers.... Just SD. As much as I don't like SD, I think people have been a bit unfair on singling them out.

With regards to the searching, they obviously want to stop/deter thieves. Do you believe it is right for someone to steal from SD? Also, there are LOTS of jobs where you do stuff which is unpaid! I worked in a bookies in my youth and you had to arrive 30 minutes early to set up the shop (unpaid). Also, my current employer expect me to be in the building 15 minutes early; don't get paid for that either! That's just life sometimes.

They CAN prove regular payments by showing bank statements and wage slips. I wouldn't recommend that a young person in a chicken nugget job (even contracted) to consider a mortgage! Yikes. What are the deposits on those for young people these days?! Loans are more dependent on credit rating usually; it isn't THAT hard to get a loan/credit with average/no credit history. Rental agreements? Well they've got guarantors, partners or wage slips to combat that!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure