PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

What products do you miss?

Options

Comments

• candlelight_2013
    Options
    My Mum worked in a Co-op grocery store and it had beautiful wooden counters down both sides of the shop and there were about 4 chairs placed near to the counters where ladies could sit.

Also the dried fruit and loose tea was weighed out and put in different coloured bags. The bacon slicer fascinated me.

That shop had a lovely smell about it. Now we rush around a supermarket unfortunately.

Candlelight x
  • candlelight_2013
    Options
    Angellore, thank you for the offer anyway. He shouldn't eat it , just a bit frustrating I have never been able to make it as he remembers it.

I know I couldn't eat it much too sweet for me.

Candlelight x
  • rufydoofyM
    rufydoofyM Posts: 545 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 23 January 2014 at 7:39PM
    Options
    Bournvita springs to mind and Cadburys used to make a bar called Old Jamaica. Also I remember Fuse bars and coconut Boost, Bar Six and Skippy Bars. Chocolate today just doesn't taste the same and I miss these the most. The other thing I wish would come back is Swisskit, "would you risk it for a Swisskit ?"

Oh and what about Cresta, especially strawberry flavour. "It's frothy man"
  • fiftyeighter_2
    Options
    My Mum worked in a Co-op grocery store and it had beautiful wooden counters down both sides of the shop and there were about 4 chairs placed near to the counters where ladies could sit.

Also the dried fruit and loose tea was weighed out and put in different coloured bags. The bacon slicer fascinated me.

That shop had a lovely smell about it. Now we rush around a supermarket unfortunately.

Candlelight x

I can remember that our co op was the same. A lady cashier use to sit on a really high chair at the back of the shop and the assistants put the money the customer gave them to pay in a little round thingy screwed it up and it went sizing to the lady in the chair, who took the money out and put the change back in then it went whizzing back down on a wire to the assistant. I,d forgotten all about that. Ahhh all these memories.
  • candlelight_2013
    Options
    fifty-eighter, I forgot about that, it used to fascinate me, what a lovely way to pay and receive your change, instead of popping a debit card into a machine.

Candlelight x
  • candlelight_2013
    Options
    You have started us off now Angellore, we could go on forever, you might be sorry you started this thread.

Candlelight x
  • moments_of_sanity
    Options
    Pacers - they were about the size of chew it's and were green and white striped. Lovely minty flavours :D
  • skintmumof3
    Options
    a frozen whipped topping for puddings.. cant remember the name..but it was delicious.....x
  • patchwork_cat
    Options
    M&S Chinese chicken breast, double chocolate vienetta, fish cuisine.
  • Goldiegirl
    Goldiegirl Posts: 8,805 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler Hung up my suit!
    Options
    My Husband misses gypsy tart, which he used to have at school in Kent. I have tried many recipes for it but he says it is never quite the same as he remembers.

Jackie just noticed your post, do you like gypsy tart?

Candlelight x

I grew up in Essex, and had never heard of gypsy tart, but I moved to Kent at age 21, and found that people raved about it ! I've always found it a bit sweet for my taste

I miss Pink Panther chocolate. It was pink, strawberry flavour chocolate from about 1970
    Early retired - 18th December 2014
    If your dreams don't scare you, they're not big enough
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family