PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

What products do you miss?

Options
Angellore
Angellore Posts: 30 Forumite
edited 28 January 2014 at 8:58PM in Old style MoneySaving
I was wondering if there were any products you just can't get anymore and you miss? Maybe they don't make them anymore, or you just can't find them - other people might be able to tell you where you can. Could be anything - food, cleaning products, whatever.

If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply. If you aren’t sure how it all works, read our New to Forum? Intro Guide.

[FONT=&quot][threadbanner]box[/threadbanner][/FONT]

Comments

• myonlysunshine
    Options
    All I want is bitza pizza crisps, nothing more im not asking for much :rotfl:
    Second purse £34.75/£50.00
    Third purse £0.00

Paying £5.00 a week in second purse

Total stockpile value
  • candlelight_2013
    Options
    Kunzle cakes. Mum bought these from the Baker when I was a child, many many years ago.

I think they had a pastry base, then different coloured sponge cake and I think it had icing on the top. They were the size of a custard slice.

Haven't seen them in many years but they were delicious, it might be they were a Midland thing.

Candlelight x
  • Emmala
    Emmala Posts: 428 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    I have never found Stardrops in shops near here!!! Keep reading about how fab it is, but can't find it anywhere!!!!
  • cbrown372
    cbrown372 Posts: 1,513 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Turkey and bacon loaf from marks and spencer
    Its not that we have more patience as we grow older, its just that we're too tired to care about all the pointless drama ;)
  • daisiegg
    daisiegg Posts: 5,395 Forumite
    Options
    With me, I miss lots of things that still exist. I have food allergies and they are forever changing the ingredients of everything I like :( I miss After Eights SO much - they were my favourite thing and then they started putting milk in them some years ago. Same with Heinz treacle sponges in a tin. By some miracle, they used to not contain egg or dairy, but that changed about 13 years ago. And Sainsbury's used to do a treacle tart I could eat and a millionaire's shortbread. That is just to name a few - there are loads :(
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 17,413 Forumite
    First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Oxydol washing powder, and another vote for kunzle cake,Lyons tea shops or the ABC tea rooms where you could get a nice cuppa and a 'proper old fashioned cup cake' with a silver case and thick chocolate on top.Net shopping bags I loved them for buying veg in, they could screw up in your handbag nicely as well.
    also the way you were served in a shop and didn't have to get evrything yourself or even pay the bill by yourself a human being spoke to you and chatted about the family,kids etc Politeness rulled then
  • candlelight_2013
    Options
    My Husband misses gypsy tart, which he used to have at school in Kent. I have tried many recipes for it but he says it is never quite the same as he remembers.

Jackie just noticed your post, do you like gypsy tart?

Candlelight x
  • Butterfly_Brain
    Options
    I have never found Stardrops in shops near here!!! Keep reading about how fab it is, but can't find it anywhere!!!!

You can get stardrops inWilkinsons, Asda, Tesco and 99p stores
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones that let in the light
    C.R.A.P R.O.L.L.Z. Member #35 Butterfly Brain + OH - Foraging Fixers
    Not Buying it 2015!
  • fiftyeighter_2
    Options
    Ooh JakieO, I so miss those cup cakes. Found something similar in the co op. But alas they were nothing like the original. I also miss the orange juice the milkman used to bring around. I,m talking delivered by horse and cart. They were in glass quart bottles. They were a treat on a Saturday and were delicious. Mind you I was about 6 at the time.
    You can get star drops in our local co op and in pound stretcher. Don't no if any shop other than that. I,m in Essex.
  • Angellore
    Options
    My Husband misses gypsy tart, which he used to have at school in Kent. I have tried many recipes for it but he says it is never quite the same as he remembers.

Jackie just noticed your post, do you like gypsy tart?

Candlelight x

We can get gypsy tart down here, they sell it in my local Asda. Would offer to post you some, but might get a bit smashed up. Conversly my OH comes from Bromsgrove and hates the stuff!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure