Main site > MoneySavingExpert.com Forums > Household & Travel > Old Style MoneySaving > Weight Loss the Old Style Way! Part 8. Please rea... (Page 346)

IMPORTANT! This is MoneySavingExpert's open forum - anyone can post

Please exercise caution & report any spam, illegal, offensive, racist, libellous post to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

• Be nice to all MoneySavers
  • All the best tips go in the MoneySavingExpert weekly email

Plus all the new guides, deals & loopholes

• No spam/referral links
or Login with Facebook
Weight Loss the Old Style Way! Part 8. Please read posts 1 and 2 before posting.
Views: 470,257
# 6901
theatregirl4
Old 24-02-2013, 11:05 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

*wanders in and waves*

I am vaguely aware I've been MIA/AWOL for the best part of 2-3 months....wondering if anyone remembers me and whether I'm allowed back into the thread?

I stopped posting because I got really sick over Xmas + I got a new temporary role at work (both of which are gone/finished now) so that meant it was great for my waistline! I was running up and down stairs and back and forth to work but when I got sick I dropped 5lbs really fast and actually made it all the way down to 12st 1lb!

However although it stayed off for a while....the weight has been creeping back on 1lb at a time for the last few weeks....so here I am end of Feb and I'm back up to 12st 6. I've been off chocolate for 1 whole week due to Lent and it doesnt seem to be making any difference...so maybe I'm doing something else wrong?

In any case, I think it will help going back to writing my meals down again

*hugs*
VO: £3.60/£10.00; £180 claimed | Nectar: £9.81 | TCB earnings: £78.94
Savings 2014: Part 1 £5000/£5000! Part 2 £450/£600!

Reply With Quote Report Post
The Following User Says Thank You to theatregirl4 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 6902
Molly41
Old 25-02-2013, 6:31 AM
Fantastically Fervent MoneySaving Super Fan

Welcome back Theatre Girl - I have missed you x
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over and through me. When it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
When the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Molly41 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 6903
daisiegg
Old 25-02-2013, 6:43 AM

Welcome back theatregirl!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to daisiegg For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 6904
The Dragon
Old 25-02-2013, 9:24 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to The Dragon

Hi again theatregirl and welcome back!

Are you wanting to join in on the last bit of the current challenge?
Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for thou art crunchy and good with catsup
NSD 15/20, OS WL 21-6 (4) C.R.A.P R.O.L.L.Z #44 Twisted Firestarter, VSP #57 - £39.43
Every Penny's a Prisoner
The Following User Says Thank You to The Dragon For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 6905
theatregirl4
Old 25-02-2013, 11:38 AM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dragon View Post
Hi again theatregirl and welcome back!

Are you wanting to join in on the last bit of the current challenge?
Awww. I was missed I dont know if I'm glad to be back, doesnt it kind of mean I have a problem with food? (too much of it?!)

Whats the current challenge?

The Following User Says Thank You to theatregirl4 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 6906
sparrer
Old 25-02-2013, 12:24 PM

wb theatregirl

Not a good morning at all, just back from the surgery where I had an MoT which they're now offering to ladies over a certain age. The nurse made me shorter than I thought (4 feet 11 1/2", now 4 feet 11". Weight 9st 9lb . My scales tell me 9st 3lb, surely my clothes can't weigh 6lb? BP way, way too high, when it's been on the low side of normal all my life. The only thing that our calc's make the same is BMI of 26. I know I have to get that to 25 or less. Have to wait a week for results of blood test (cholesterol etc). So all in all feeling very low when I'm not the depressed type, never have been - no wonder I don't go to the surgery unless I really, really have to!!!

Ah well, back to the grindstone
B - 30g F&F, sk milk
L - Mushrooms and tomato on toast
D - roasted roots - sweet potato, carrots, parsnip, red onion, with 1/2 chicken leg
S - apple, melon, satsuma, banana
E - usual plus cleaned through downstairs.

Have a bright day
I'm just a little Cockney sparrer
'Save 12k in 2014' #070. Goal £3k
Each morning we are born again. What we do today is what matters most ~ Buddha
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sparrer For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 6907
The Dragon
Old 25-02-2013, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theatregirl4 View Post
Awww. I was missed I dont know if I'm glad to be back, doesnt it kind of mean I have a problem with food? (too much of it?!)

Whats the current challenge?
The usual "how much weight do you hope to lose by X date" the date in question this time being 30th March - so 5 more weigh ins
Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for thou art crunchy and good with catsup
NSD 15/20, OS WL 21-6 (4) C.R.A.P R.O.L.L.Z #44 Twisted Firestarter, VSP #57 - £39.43
Every Penny's a Prisoner
# 6908
gresleyrover
Old 25-02-2013, 3:05 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Have to report a disappointing STS again this week. Sorry to be so late posting but DH and I have been away to visit DS1 and the family this weekend and had to go to work this morning so this is the first time I`ve been able to get to a computer.

Hoping for better this week
Weight loss since 5/1/13 16.6lbs
This challenge 1/7
The Following User Says Thank You to gresleyrover For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 6909
theatregirl4
Old 25-02-2013, 5:08 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

@ Sparrer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dragon View Post
The usual "how much weight do you hope to lose by X date" the date in question this time being 30th March - so 5 more weigh ins
Oooh. Thats tempting.
I think I will go for 5lbs by 30th March please - thats 1lb a week which should be doable.

I was a good girl today and when I popped into Iceland I picked up some WW meals - £3 for 3. Going to be cooking stirfry a little bit and got some more pasta and other stuff too.

Had quick meals today as have been really busy.

b- quaker microwave porridge
l - 2 x sausage rolls + pack of crisps, 2 squares of chocolate.
d - diced chicken + chopped onions, was going to make them into a kebab style thing but couldnt find any kebab sticks, so it will be more like a stirfry thingy. DM having leftover cabbage with hers, and I will be having 1/2 a tin of sweetcorn.

exercise - shopping, walking, carrying heavy bags, pushing heavy trolly lol, plus putting everything away when I got home. still got to clean the rabbits and do housework (dishes etc) before I put dinner on so I think I'll burn off at least one sausage roll!

# 6910
The Dragon
Old 25-02-2013, 5:27 PM

Got you down then theatregirl4 and good luck with your first weigh in on Friday/Saturday!
Every Penny's a Prisoner
The Following User Says Thank You to The Dragon For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 6911
theatregirl4
Old 25-02-2013, 7:11 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Thanks Dragon.

In a sidenote, does daska still post on here?

# 6912
Need2bthrifty
Old 25-02-2013, 7:55 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparrer View Post
wb theatregirl

Not a good morning at all, just back from the surgery where I had an MoT which they're now offering to ladies over a certain age. The nurse made me shorter than I thought (4 feet 11 1/2", now 4 feet 11". Weight 9st 9lb . My scales tell me 9st 3lb, surely my clothes can't weigh 6lb? BP way, way too high, when it's been on the low side of normal all my life. The only thing that our calc's make the same is BMI of 26. I know I have to get that to 25 or less. Have to wait a week for results of blood test (cholesterol etc). So all in all feeling very low when I'm not the depressed type, never have been - no wonder I don't go to the surgery unless I really, really have to!!!

Ah well, back to the grindstone
B - 30g F&F, sk milk
L - Mushrooms and tomato on toast
D - roasted roots - sweet potato, carrots, parsnip, red onion, with 1/2 chicken leg
S - apple, melon, satsuma, banana
E - usual plus cleaned through downstairs.

Have a bright day
Sparrer if your surgery is anything like mine they move the scales around in a very haphazard fashion so I would question the accuracy of them, but I would also give 4-5lbs for clothing and the time of day you were weighed, so all in all you can’t be too far off – chin up, there’s only the BP to get control of.

I’m a much happier bunny today – I went back to the dentist and halleluiah I can chew again – got a new dental plate fitted last week and oh my goodness the ulcers I have are unbelievable but a bit of adjustment means I’m sorted now – no more living on soup, at last I can get back to my crunchy salads and solid food .

Theartregirl nice to see you back, don't worry too much about going awol/mia - we've all done it
January GC - £44.03/£60.00
January NSD's = 23/31
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Need2bthrifty For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 6913
emmaneni
Old 25-02-2013, 9:27 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellie99 View Post
Welcome emmaneni
I'm sure a lot of us can identify with what you're saying. I'm a typical yo-yo dieter, I actually have 3 different clothes sizes in my wardrobe. Right now, I'm pretty determined to lose the weight, and NOT put it on again. I'm fed up with having to diet, and want this to be the last time.
Please don't take this the wrong way - I'm saying it because I've been where you are - but we all have self control if we want to have it. Saying "I have no self control" is an excuse to do what we want. You have to REALLY want to lose weight, and do what's required to achieve that.
Some people can eat a small bit of chocolate, then stop. I'm not one of them, so this year I'm cutting out chocolate biscuits and chocolate bars completely...7 weeks in, and it's much easier than I thought it would be (considering the large bars I used to eat).
Fancy joining me in Chocolate Free 2013?
Thanks Ellie and don't worry it wasn't taken the wrong way, you are completely right. Not sure I've got the guts to go Chocolate Free, I think I will have to have a wee think about that one.

B: Coffee and a taste of someone's kuglof (sp?)
L: 2oz of pasta with a tin of sardines in tomato sauce, a hot green pepper, small onion and 3 tablespoons of sweetcorn. A low fat/sugar yoghurt.
D: Tomato soup (same as yesterday)
E: Week 5, run 1 of c25k.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to emmaneni For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 6914
sparrer
Old 25-02-2013, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Need2bthrifty View Post
Sparrer if your surgery is anything like mine they move the scales around in a very haphazard fashion so I would question the accuracy of them, but I would also give 4-5lbs for clothing and the time of day you were weighed, so all in all you can’t be too far off – chin up, there’s only the BP to get control of.
Thanks N2bt, you're right of course, just needed someone to put it in perspective for me. I was wearing heavy skirt, thick tights, a roll-neck and a sleeveless woolly pully over the top so they must weigh a bit. It's stupid that as soon as you're told something isn't as it's always been you start to worry, so thank goodness for breathing exercises.

I'm sure all will be well, got lots of good food in the house so I know I'm doing the best for my body that I can

Except for the cheese. I need cheese. But I do buy rf which is okay, isn't it?
The Following User Says Thank You to sparrer For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 6915
theatregirl4
Old 25-02-2013, 10:19 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Evening all.
Dinner kind of went to pot as Mum still doesnt have any appetite - so just made her chicken and cut it up into pieces for her so she didnt have to bother with it. Did my chicken the same and mixed it with the sweetcorn. Left the onions out of the mix as I was originally going to do them for Mum to liven up the dish but she just wants plain food at the moment.

After dinner did more housework, and installed Powerpoint onto my computer again as I have a presentation to do for a interview - I'm going for a Casual Duty Manager position and its in two stages. Have faffed around with that for a bit, then did some more couponing, registered my shiny new Iceland card and printed off a £1.05 APG coupon from todays shop!

And because its been such a long hard stressful day doing e.v.e.r.y.t.h.i.n.g I have caved in and had a slice of ginger cake and just opened a bag of store bought sweet popcorn.

# 6916
ellie99
Old 25-02-2013, 10:36 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparrer View Post

Except for the cheese. I need cheese. But I do buy rf which is okay, isn't it?
sparrer, I keep meaning to ask you, what does rf stand for?
OS weight loss challenge 2013...28/42lbs. 2014...4/10...6/9...3/9

If you could live one day of your life over again, which day would you choose?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ellie99 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 6917
theatregirl4
Old 25-02-2013, 10:47 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Quote:
I know I'm not sparrer but I understand it to be reduced fat

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to theatregirl4 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 6918
emmaneni
Old 26-02-2013, 8:03 AM
MoneySaving Convert

Quote:
Ellie I'd agree with Theatregirl that it's reduced fat.

I've got to come up with a decent but healthy non bread/pasta packed lunch for tomorrow. I don't want bread because I live alone with no freezer so bread quickly goes off as I rarely eat it. I had pasta yesterday so want something different.

I was thinking about some samosas or spring rolls, baked in the oven and not oiling the pastry so reducing the fat. With a nice dipping sauce of some sort. They have to be vegetarian as I don't cook meat for myself over here, only fish.

Off to search for some ideas. Have a great day everyone.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to emmaneni For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 6919
sparrer
Old 26-02-2013, 9:36 AM

Morning all
You're absolutely right Theatregirl and emmaneni, rf, sometimes known as lf is reduced fat, or low fat. I tend to only use rf/lf/ff in dairy, for instance milk, cheese and yogurt, I've heard some horror stories about what they replace the fats with in some processed foods!

B - F&F, sk milk
L - veggie soup, banana
D - cauli cheese using sk milk, rf spread, rf cheese
S - melon, satsuma, grapes, apple
E - ironing, vac & polish downstairs, clean sofas with leather protector, I do it once a year and today's the day. Ideal if you want to increase your heart rate

Have a sunny day whatever the weather
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sparrer For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 6920
The Dragon
Old 26-02-2013, 9:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmaneni View Post
Ellie I'd agree with Theatregirl that it's reduced fat.

I've got to come up with a decent but healthy non bread/pasta packed lunch for tomorrow. I don't want bread because I live alone with no freezer so bread quickly goes off as I rarely eat it. I had pasta yesterday so want something different.

I was thinking about some samosas or spring rolls, baked in the oven and not oiling the pastry so reducing the fat. With a nice dipping sauce of some sort. They have to be vegetarian as I don't cook meat for myself over here, only fish.

Off to search for some ideas. Have a great day everyone.
For a future idea, roast some Mediterranean veggies in the oven (light spray of oil so they don't stick!) and make some couscous with boiling water and herbs. Mix the chopped veggies through and serve/pot up and take for lunch.

Or mixed beans with diced cooked potato and salad - all tossed together
Every Penny's a Prisoner
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to The Dragon For This Useful Post: Show me >>