Main site > MoneySavingExpert.com Forums > Household & Travel > Greenfingered MoneySaving > Daydream thread continues..... (Page 316)

IMPORTANT! This is MoneySavingExpert's open forum - anyone can post

Please exercise caution & report any spam, illegal, offensive, racist, libellous post to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

• Be nice to all MoneySavers
  • All the best tips go in the MoneySavingExpert weekly email

Plus all the new guides, deals & loopholes

• No spam/referral links
or Login with Facebook
Daydream thread continues.....
Views: 284,556
# 6301
lostinrates
Old 09-12-2012, 7:01 PM
Deliciously Dedicated Diehard MoneySaving Devotee

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfie 1 View Post
do you mean i eat what i like at home but veggie if im out wiv im....
Sorry,I was thinking ahead and marrying you off or shacking you up.

I mean when you cook for him eat veggie, eat veggie when he cooks for you...when neither of you would have to cook twice then eat what you each want.
Reply With Quote Report Post
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to lostinrates For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 6302
alfie 1
Old 09-12-2012, 7:10 PM
Fantastically Fervent MoneySaving Super Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostinrates View Post
Sorry,I was thinking ahead and marrying you off or shacking you up.

I mean when you cook for him eat veggie, eat veggie when he cooks for you...when neither of you would have to cook twice then eat what you each want.
i SO have an image of you saying that...

you are funny.....wanna be a bridesmaid ?

big frothy pink dress....

the day i get married is the day you WILL wear that...
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to alfie 1 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 6303
COOLTRIKERCHICK
Old 09-12-2012, 7:29 PM

Send a message via MSN to COOLTRIKERCHICK

Alfie.... he should respect that you eat meat, like you respect that he doesnt...

does he not eat meat, because he doesnt like meat, or because of animal welfare etc?

If you stop eating meat infront of him etc, then you could be making a rod for you own back, and it would be more awkward in the future if you really do want to eat meat..

oooo and Dai said, if he doesnt eat meat, them bomb him out now

Take care.... and just drink plenty of warm drinks...

took pics of 2 piggie no names, will post them later
daydream fund total ..........not enough....lol...
PAD ....SO FAR £349.07 (24-3-14)
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to COOLTRIKERCHICK For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 6304
alfie 1
Old 09-12-2012, 7:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by COOLTRIKERCHICK View Post
Alfie.... he should respect that you eat meat, like you respect that he doesnt...

does he not eat meat, because he doesnt like meat, or because of animal welfare etc?

If you stop eating meat infront of him etc, then you could be making a rod for you own back, and it would be more awkward in the future if you really do want to eat meat..

oh i love you lot.....

any new fella i find would never past muster with you ....
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to alfie 1 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 6305
lostinrates
Old 09-12-2012, 8:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by COOLTRIKERCHICK View Post

I think if it mattered to him and the relationship were good it would be worth accepting it was no meat households, so long as meat were on the menu out of the house...e.g. When buying bacon but ties at bath and west or at dinner parties.

I think it depends on what's important to one, and I personally would not give up meat properly again ( been there done that) but, say dh wanted to go veg, I would deal with it.

If you know it's the status quo from day one then I could deal with it.

I would probably struggle with the hypocrisy of eating animal products like milk which IMO can be the crueler industry...but we could poke each other about that sort of thing if we wanted I suppose.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to lostinrates For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 6306
rozeepozee
Old 09-12-2012, 8:11 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

I'm trying desperately to follow things but failing. I'm getting confused between holey welly boots, long johns, weather stations and alfie's love life....

I've got two toddlers who won't sleep. Might be something to do with all the sugar they ate at the birthday party this afternoon. I've tried for an hour and a half and have thrown in the towel and dad's taken over... One twin is screaming "I WANT MUMMY!!!"

Life in a caravan is not fun this evening....
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to rozeepozee For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 6307
Rummer
Old 09-12-2012, 8:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rozeepozee View Post
I'm trying desperately to follow things but failing. I'm getting confused between holey welly boots, long johns, weather stations and alfie's love life....

I've got two toddlers who won't sleep. Might be something to do with all the sugar they ate at the birthday party this afternoon. I've tried for an hour and a half and have thrown in the towel and dad's taken over... One twin is screaming "I WANT MUMMY!!!"

Life in a caravan is not fun this evening....
I recommend ear plugs and wine
Taking responsibility one penny at a time!

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Rummer For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 6308
rozeepozee
Old 09-12-2012, 8:43 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Aldi's Fleurie it is! Thanks for reminding me. OH has worn earplugs permanently since the twins were born.
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to rozeepozee For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 6309
Rummer
Old 09-12-2012, 9:06 PM

After spending time in the garden I have changed some of my plans around, again . It frustrates me being so indecisive as I normally know exactly what I want to do but when it comes to the garden I keep changing my mind. There are just so many decisions to make and I don't want to invest a lot of time money and effort and get it wrong.

It really is getting to crunch time now as we have been here for 5 years and the garden was meant to be laid out the way we wanted by now.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Rummer For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 6310
COOLTRIKERCHICK
Old 09-12-2012, 9:32 PM

piggy pic and a video I managed to find out how to use it, but I Think I will keep my gob shut next time ( hate the sound of my voice)

http://s130.photobucket.com/albums/p...ps2dcfcf25.mp4

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to COOLTRIKERCHICK For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 6311
alfie 1
Old 09-12-2012, 9:44 PM

BRILLIANT CTC .......... what happy pigwignonames....

yay ! james arthur won..... [x factor for those who dont watch it.. ]
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to alfie 1 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 6312
rhiwfield
Old 09-12-2012, 10:21 PM

CTC, Dai looks as happy as a pig in .....

Sad to say that my Y-fronts only got to 2 bottles of merlot. Guess your pvc knickers will do rather better

Ah well, DW feeling better and out today, think she behaved as she was missing her morning coffee and cake
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to rhiwfield For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 6313
rozeepozee
Old 09-12-2012, 10:29 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Aww, da piggies look lovely.

I so admire you CTC - you have really taken such a leap and embraced this new life.

I have to remind myself that our situation is different and to try anything too full on with our young kids and our business commitments miles away would be ill advised, but I'd love to be able to see some livestock on the land, doing its thang. And providing free poo.
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to rozeepozee For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 6314
lostinrates
Old 09-12-2012, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rummer View Post
After spending time in the garden I have changed some of my plans around, again . It frustrates me being so indecisive as I normally know exactly what I want to do but when it comes to the garden I keep changing my mind. There are just so many decisions to make and I don't want to invest a lot of time money and effort and get it wrong.

It really is getting to crunch time now as we have been here for 5 years and the garden was meant to be laid out the way we wanted by now.
IMO the most succesful five year plans start with 99 percent of the time planning and clearing.

I might have done things differently if only I had a little patience!!
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to lostinrates For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 6315
rozeepozee
Old 09-12-2012, 10:47 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

I'm sort of realising that creating your dreams is like yoga. You can't rush into it, or you might sprain something.
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to rozeepozee For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 6316
Rummer
Old 09-12-2012, 11:07 PM

I think my problem is I constantly feel as if I just don't know enough especially about the more challenging parts of my garden. I think I am just going to have to take a leap of faith and get on with it. The back garden will be fine it is the side bit that is perplexing.

In my mind I see it as an allotment and I need to design it as such and just get working. If I make a mistake I will just have to learn from it.

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Rummer For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 6317
purple.sarah
Old 10-12-2012, 4:11 AM

Hi, I'd like to join this thread. My husband and I dream of owning our own farm one day and running it as a business as well as being more self sufficient. We're planning to start by renting a smallholding in July next year when our current tenancy expires.
Make £5 A Day in October- £163.16/£155
Make £10 A Day in November - £72.85/£300
2013 Wins: £60 Gap voucher, £25 Just eat voucher, pedometer, free electricity for a year, Choose Green discount card, Buster and Bin Buddy goodies, £50 Tesco voucher, signed Justin Bieber print, a personalised house sign, a Spontex cleaning kit...

Last edited by purple.sarah; 10-12-2012 at 5:55 AM.
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to purple.sarah For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 6318
Alexelisey
Old 10-12-2012, 6:45 AM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Quote:
Originally Posted by purple.sarah View Post
Hi, I'd like to join this thread. My husband and I dream of owning our own farm one day and running it as a business as well as being more self sufficient. We're planning to start by renting a smallholding in July next year when our current tenancy expires.
I think that's a good way to start, get a toe in the water. You may find everything goes ok, or you may find you can't get on with it at all. Do you want to keep livestock? Any experience? Chickens are the easiest things to start with.

The very best of luck to you Sarah! This is a wonderful thread, I think everyone has some experience in something relevant so have a good read and ask lots of questions.
Certain things catch your eye, But pursue only those that capture your heart.
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Alexelisey For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 6319
COOLTRIKERCHICK
Old 10-12-2012, 7:32 AM

Hi Purple S. have you found a smallholding coming up for rent? as I know around here they are like gold dust, that was one of the options we were looking at too, and the one I did manage to find was such a high amount, by the time you worked every hour under the sun to pay the rent rates etc, there would be no time left to look after animals or do some gardening...( let alone have any energy left).

We finally managed to buy our daydream place in march...on times ( well on alot of times) I have thought what the F'k have We done... as since then this year, things have not gone our way, etc... BUT then I think of all the years I have been on my !!! skint, crying myself to sleep, thinking I will never have my own farm/smallholding etc, and I just knuckled down and done baby steps to try and pay off debt and save....

so looking back the poo year this year, is not in the same leaque ....

If you dont manage to get a place next summer... keep going,,, dont get disheartened... there IS a perfect place out there with your name on it..... even if you have to save and buy it... but your farm is out there...

Alfie....Rhiwie....yep hubby is like a pig in poo, when it comes to the pigs...If we could we would be with the piggies all day.

ITSME.... long long ago did you have pigs? how many? for how long? what did you used to do with yours?
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to COOLTRIKERCHICK For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 6320
Davesnave
Old 10-12-2012, 9:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by purple.sarah View Post
Hello Sarah, always good to have new people here, as everyone has a different take on things and therefore something to contribute.

If it's possible, renting would be a good first move, as unless you already have a very clear direction, there will be lessons best learned before committing huge amounts of hard cash.

I'm not sure how many of us who have holdings, knowing what we know now, would have purchased the same one. Even in the last few years, things like the ability to generate electricity, or stay clear of flooding, have altered the balance in favour of some and away from others.

I always wanted a place close to water.....
Remember that you're unique....just like everyone else.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Davesnave For This Useful Post: Show me >>