We've changed the name of this board from 'Greenfingered MoneySaving' to simply 'Gardening'. This is to help make it easier to find for the horticulturally inclined. The URL remains unchanged for the time being, so all links to the board are unaffected.

Daydream thread continues.....

Options

Comments

• alfie_1
    alfie_1 Posts: 5,837 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    hi purple.......welcome to the madhouse..:p

ive just finished with farrier ...horses im minding...and my perseption of the "made in chelsea" farrier owner had was proved correct !:eek:
    my farrier found nails UNDER the nails of the shoes he took off [front only]...:(

downright laziness !

but they were all as good as gold and no hiccups, i didnt know how they were wiv having feet done...:o :D

im now off to scats to get a good axe, splitter etc for DS as he has an extra job sorting a stack of logs [tree lengths 3'].... owner is paying for impliments :D

then ive got hosp app at 3pm ..... :eek:

so ive got to get out of my wellies now...:rotfl: dont think doc would appreciate hoss poop !:D
  • alfie_1
    alfie_1 Posts: 5,837 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    p.s. my pet pigeon has gawn oft to join the keepers others :(:(
    it would NOT leave me ! i tried to get it to fly off etc but not a hope !
    so sad to see it go but best for it....

mind you its only down the road so hope it doesnt return to here :o
  • Itismehonest
    Options
    ITSME.... long long ago did you have pigs? how many? for how long? what did you used to do with yours?

Yes, we had pigs for years - maybe 15 years or more. Initially they were just for entertainment value for the visitors - Vietnamese & Chinese pot-bellied. Then we bred them.
    Then, unfortunately, pot-bellieds became fashionable as yuppie pets so we started to see those wanting to buy who really didn't have a clue - wanted indoor pigs/thought piglets couldn't turn into enormous pigs etc. & we refused to sell to anyone like that. We stopped breeding to sell but carried on keeping pigs ourselves until the last one died of old age about 10? years ago.
    So, as I said before, I've no experience of raising for meat but have dealt with most of the rest.
  • Davesnave
    Davesnave Posts: 34,741 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    alfie_1 wrote: »
    mind you its only down the road so hope it doesnt return to here :o
    I reckon that will be a forlorn hope, bearing in mind pigeons' ability to 'home.' :)
  • Itismehonest
    Options
    Hi :wave: to all new Dreamers. Best of luck.
  • rhiwfield
    rhiwfield Posts: 2,482 Forumite
    Options
    Welcome Purple!

Hmmm, just queued for 20 minutes at the Post Office. One of my pet hates (as I'm an unreasonable bad tempered old git) is people who block the PO counter by not knowing what to do with their parcels (I'd gladly tell them), feeling the need to regale the PO Clerk with their life stories, giggle at the queue behind them as it grows ever longer, cant work out how to use the card reader to pay, then stay at the counter when they've finally finished to remember they need a stamp, which they insist they have change for, which requires a 5 minute hunt through their handbag for their purse, they then count out the change, dropping some in the process, realise they dont have enough change, put in back in their purse, open the note section and bring out a £20........................................................................

AAAAGGGGHHHH :mad:
  • rozeepozee
    rozeepozee Posts: 1,971 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    rhiwfield wrote: »
    Welcome Purple!

Hmmm, just queued for 20 minutes at the Post Office. One of my pet hates (as I'm an unreasonable bad tempered old git) is people who block the PO counter by not knowing what to do with their parcels (I'd gladly tell them), feeling the need to regale the PO Clerk with their life stories, giggle at the queue behind them as it grows ever longer, cant work out how to use the card reader to pay, then stay at the counter when they've finally finished to remember they need a stamp, which they insist they have change for, which requires a 5 minute hunt through their handbag for their purse, they then count out the change, dropping some in the process, realise they dont have enough change, put in back in their purse, open the note section and bring out a £20........................................................................

AAAAGGGGHHHH :mad:
    I think you just described me :o I try to avoid the PO wherever possible, so I'm impossibly inexperienced....
  • rozeepozee
    rozeepozee Posts: 1,971 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hehe. We had some success with the squirrel trap. We caught a robin in it yesterday afternoon :rotfl:
  • Itismehonest
    Options
    rozeepozee wrote: »
    Hehe. We had some success with the squirrel trap. We caught a robin in it yesterday afternoon :rotfl:

:rotfl:
    OK we shouldn't laugh but robins are the proverbial nosey parkers of the countryside. They're always there to check what you are up to & inspect anything new. This could be an ongoing problem, rozee.
  • purple.sarah
    Options
    Alexelisey wrote: »
    I think that's a good way to start, get a toe in the water. You may find everything goes ok, or you may find you can't get on with it at all. Do you want to keep livestock? Any experience? Chickens are the easiest things to start with.

The very best of luck to you Sarah! :beer: This is a wonderful thread, I think everyone has some experience in something relevant so have a good read and ask lots of questions.

We want to keep some livestock, starting with chickens. I've done voluntary work on a city farm so I have some experience but not much, we're doing a lot of research, I think this thread will be very helpful. Thank you for your encouragement.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure